• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
these guys are really high level look how many times they've gotten top 3 at 30+ people tournaments

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
While I can't speak for Kumar, I'm not the least bit upset as we are mostly just having a discussion.

Super just talking bros.

EDIT: Yeah Cam, it's true. I'm SO high level I can barely even understand your usual weak attempts at trolling.

SK919

Deal with it
Falco vs. jiggz man.

Prone to cause drama and **** talk. **** is a nightmare

My party got pushed back due to rain. I might come up to karn fest for a breif period of time because I'm going up to Raleigh for a sick raaave.

I hope I can come for a little while and hug people an all that

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i wasn't trolling josh...

it's called sarcasm... can we all please stop saturating the word "trolling"?? i wasn't trying to make you mad (trolling) i was trying to make a point

and that point is that i don't appreciate you calling yourself "high level"... because i know for a fact that i am a scrub... and if i'm a scrub, you sir are also a scrub

to call yourself high level with your current level of skill is an insult to the people in kevin's tier. it's great to want to strive to be at top level, i'm not harking on you for that, but you need to know your place... you simply haven't shown in tournament that you deserve such a description.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I guess so, but the point I was making is that spacing with Jigglypuff is super simple. The whipping and poking nature of her aerials combined with her floatiness and her insane air control are so wildly different I don't see how that carries over at all.
I know you don't see how it carries over and how you feel about puff... and those are some of the reasons that i think you are not at "high level"

... unless we're talking about green greens MIRITE!!! (he smokes in case none of you know)

It seemed like you were saying "even though my spacing is better, you'll win because you have better tech skill and experience" which seems like a cop out and a downplay of those factors. But perhaps it's not what you're saying. I'm of the opinion that if your Falco's spacing was better than mine, you probably would have won or at least done better.

Regardless, overall skill is a mixture of too many factors to even think about like that.
Thats indeed not what i was saying.

Lol, i would get the first hit on you and then get stuck in shine and get like 10 percent of my hit, and then you would hit me and get like 80, do you really think even if i had better spacing i would have won in that situation?

Again, im not taking away anything from you, your combos were better, but come on, don't act like its impossible that i could have better spacing and lose a falco ditto.

these guys are really high level look how many times they've gotten top 3 at 30+ people tournaments
I mean, i said i wasn't for the record, don't lump me in with him

i wasn't trolling josh...

it's called sarcasm... can we all please stop saturating the word "trolling"?? i wasn't trying to make you mad (trolling) i was trying to make a point

and that point is that i don't appreciate you calling yourself "high level"... because i know for a fact that i am a scrub... and if i'm a scrub, you sir are also a scrub

to call yourself high level with your current level of skill is an insult to the people in kevin's tier. it's great to want to strive to be at top level, i'm not harking on you for that, but you need to know your place... you simply haven't shown in tournament that you deserve such a description.
I'm not gonna lie man, i really like your posts, but i remember like a day or two ago, i said something slightly sarcastic and you said something like "this guys a troll", and i turned to the person next to me and ranted about how everyone on smashboards ****ing overuses the **** out of the word...

i use to be able to use it and have it mean something, but its so ridiculously overused now that i am like opposed to saying it... god damn it i hate smashboards so much

Also, now that im mad about trolling... honesty Darksyde how can you consider yourself high level when you can barely play against one of the top 5 characters in the game????

0Room

Smash Lord
Hatehatehate

Where is the love guys
We're all people here

Except PP
He's a tournament winning robot with witty Smashboards post

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
mahone, ur good at trolling. face it.

er... whether you were or not it tickled me to imagine you were

er... actually, i'm kinda glad/dissapointed to hear that you weren't originally trolling, cuz the sort of delightful politeness about your (assumed) method was pretty genius to be honest.... so it was great to read it, but i was envious that you could pull it off...

but yeah i guess you weren't trolling, so i'm crossin u off my list

Mahone

Smash Champion
mahone, ur good at trolling. face it.

er... whether you were or not it tickled me to imagine you were

er... actually, i'm kinda glad/dissapointed to hear that you weren't originally trolling, cuz the sort of delightful politeness about your (assumed) method was pretty genius to be honest.... so it was great to read it, but i was envious that you could pull it off...

but yeah i guess you weren't trolling, so i'm crossin u off my list
you know i was trolling, you are just trying to get me to admit it... which means you're trolling

god damn it trollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrolling

****ing internet

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
STOP BEING SILLY FOR JUST A FEW POSTS

I have ascended to a new level vs Fox and in general. I recorded some of it and all of my stuff(combos, reads, movement, EVERYTHING) is much better. I feel AMAZING about my play right now!

All because I did a little more thinking in two days. Ahhhh how close everyone is to a big jump!

lord karn

Smash Master

I have ascended to a new level vs Fox and in general. I recorded some of it and all of my stuff(combos, reads, movement, EVERYTHING) is much better. I feel AMAZING about my play right now!

All because I did a little more thinking in two days. Ahhhh how close everyone is to a big decision!
Hey, I felt the same thing the other day. but, you know, I probably still suck

Moophobia

Smash Champion

All because I did a little more thinking in two days. Ahhhh how close everyone is to a big jump!
Every time I think I've made a big jump I don't actually improve so I stopped thinking it a while ago

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
you know i was trolling, you are just trying to get me to admit it... which means you're trolling

god damn it trollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrolling

****ing internet
lol u aint dumb at least i know that much

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
but wait kevin.... couldn't u **** every fox in the world right now anyway?

o ya that ****n costa rican guy

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
but wait kevin.... couldn't u **** every fox in the world right now anyway?

o ya that ****n costa rican guy
We did a first to 50 KOs at WGF. I won. 43 to 51 KOs. Shut up. <3

It never hurts to stay another step ahead of the competition.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Dylan Noclass: So i was having this root canal done
Dylan Noclass: and im on the laughing gas
Dylan Noclass: and I start seeing like
Dylan Noclass: falco dairs
Dylan Noclass: on dreamland
Dylan Noclass: and your like
Dylan Noclass: Talking to me about them
Dylan Noclass: "The reason you dair here instead of naring is you shut down three options instead of one"
Dylan Noclass: or some ****
Dylan Noclass: it was Trippy
Dylan Noclass: keep in mind I never mess around with like, drugs or anyting
Dylan Noclass: so it was a totally new expierence for me.
Drpeepeef: haha i havent either but this sounds **** lol
Dylan Noclass: It was scary because like
Drpeepeef: ironic that i was gonna dair tech chase more due to mango XD
Dylan Noclass: Dude
Dylan Noclass: It was scary because it wasnt like a melee screen
Dylan Noclass: falco was real
Dylan Noclass: in front of me
Dylan Noclass: spinning and wavedashing
Drpeepeef: whoa
Drpeepeef: thats intense
Drpeepeef: could you touch him?
Dylan Noclass: I thought about it