• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I was wondering why he thought that was fun.

if I were good at them, ganon dittos would be fun. But I'm terrible at them, so I hate and despise ganon dittos. But I wanna be better at thwm, so I play them as much as I can.

which reminds me, I played matt/dama (like...the nc ganon before all nc ganons.) he hadn't played in forever. We were still even in ganon dittos. He 4 stocked me once on great bay lol. **** dittos.

lord karn

Smash Master
lol 59js is way more oldschool than dama. I remember when dama was new.

I beat him with m2 at his first tournament. xD

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol i just noticed alex join date.... then i remembered the first day i met him.

I was with ares went to play magic, and started talking about melee, and how we could not wait until brawl came out.

so karn (minus beard) knorr, and matt grossman overheard us and came over to talk about how their friend ( bill) had the Japanese version and we were welcomed to come over some time to play it. That is how i found out about smashboards. **** was ****. and then matt grossman beat me in the magic tourney :(
and then i lost to knorr shortly after.... god i suck at magic lmao.

0Room

Smash Lord
Now I know I'm not very good, so I'm not trying to act like I know everything or anything like that
And I know PP just said that Cam was hella nervous

But I think that this video is a prime example of what SF players call "hit confirmation."
Meaning that Cam continued combos that didn't begin.
Hit Confirmation, for those that don't know, if confirming that you attacks hit before continuing the combo, otherwise you might do something unsafe on block and put yourself in a bad position, and cam definitely did this within the first two minutes of the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_mzc01Wk4&t01m05s
1:11, 1:21, and 1:35 are all examples of what I'm talking about.
Even though Marth was no longer there/in the combo, he continued the combo.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but it's just something I noticed, and like you said, if he was nervous then definitely he would wanna keep going once he did the inputs.
It's just something I think is worth mentioning/pointing out.

Hope I helped at all.

lord karn

Smash Master
I always thought the term hit confirmation meant knowing your options once you 'confirm' a hit. So if I'm playing falco I need to know what my options are once I confirm my hit with a dair/shine/etc. So what you were talking about is lack of hit confirm, when you do things without confirming the hit.

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah Stinger's video is what I watched a long time ago when SF4 originally came out

But it's that same idea, kinda what Karn said but not exactly, of watching to see if you do get the hit.
If you do, continue the combo, and if not, stop the combo and do something safer, like WDback, or grab or something.

So just something to pass along.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
u forgot 3:03 where if he came back down instead of dying like a ****** i was gonna shine turn around bair him

no johns i suk

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
that hit confirmation thing is very interesting.

does it apply to games that have no hit stun?

edit: ill just be blunt..... Brawl.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
following up in smash is really simple anyway. plus there are hardly any moves that are block safe. it's a concept that doesn't really apply to smash as much as traditional 2d fighters. but it's there, sure.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
**** yeah.

I found where you post...you and stingers that is.

And i see your rapin **** up in melee.

I cant WAIT to get a ride there due to the fact of not being able to drive after 9 never dawned on me.

You can't hide from Dr. Pee Pee

**** EYAH

0Room

Smash Lord
following up in smash is really simple anyway. plus there are hardly any moves that are block safe. it's a concept that doesn't really apply to smash as much as traditional 2d fighters. but it's there, sure.
Yeah I'm not saying go into a block string
I'm just saying stop the combo if you don't hit him, you know?

Like for example in the first match, he does a shine->FHbair when Marth is shielding
well the shine didn't hit, so following with a bair is a bad idea, especially against Marth

So it's the idea that instead of following the combo as if it hit, realize that it didn't and wd back, do a multishine or a dair->shine->dair on his shield or something

The point is just realizing it didn't hit and changing your behavior to that fact.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cams falco needs more experience. it is indeed pretty, but some of those fsmashes need to not happen, and his edgeguarding could use some work.

it'd still **** me up though. combo's too smooth.

Top Bottom