• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he really did. not that half of you would believe it, but we talked about it a while ago.

you better still enter some teams stuff with me though, ryan. we can keep rapin.

vZakat

Half Genie
Would floating while using toad make it any better? I'm pretty sure you can move by floating while using toad which could give a better advantage than just using it on the floor.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Would floating while using toad make it any better? I'm pretty sure you can move by floating while using toad which could give a better advantage than just using it on the floor.
Why in the world would you float while using Toad? You can float over lasers so it just seems to make more sense then......though I suppose you could use some momentum while Toad'ing if you floated? Still.....

Oh, and I think Falco would be more likely to laser a grounded Peach.

wait, is it too late for me to ****talk everyone in this thread?

[scientology]
lmao prog <3333

vZakat

Half Genie
Why in the world would you float while using Toad? You can float over lasers so it just seems to make more sense then......though I suppose you could use some momentum while Toad'ing if you floated? Still.....
When I suggested floating with toad I was imagining being barely off the ground like an fc nair's height or something. To float over lasers you need to be fairly high off the ground. You can float immediately then pull toad faster than getting to the high needed to get over lasers, I'm guessing. Also if the falco baits the toad, floating will allow you to get away with less punishment.

I'm not sure how much movement (if at all) you have while floating with toad or if toad comes out fast enough to be useful at all. Just commenting on the current discussion... err discussion like a page back.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I guess it could be a little better that way, and maybe an interesting bait as well(landing before Falco approaches to shield grab/CC Dsmash shenanigans/shielding shenanigans).

I guess I'm still hung up on how useful the toad actually is in terms of risk vs reward(possible Nair shine/utilt combo/hits vs....15% and some conditioning?). I guess I just feel like Peach should be dealing more damage per opening/capitalization since that's what she usually does to Falco, but maybe that's a close-minded way to view it.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
The samus looked like all he did was bait stuff and punish, then block stuff and punish. And whenever he had stage control, he would get it in.

reminds me of another game.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
you trolling me?
You started it.

That Samus was not JUST baiting and counterattacking. Plenty of times missles were used to approach and sometimes that Samus just balls to the wall'd and WD'd up and tilted and other such Samus-y things.

Against a more aggressive Fox like Col bol, it makes more characters than Samus look like they have to play that way, when really they're just trying to stave off all of the highly precise and technical pressure that's on them.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
so u are saying the fox was moving so fast that it only LOOKED like samus was doing nothing?

cause to me.. the samus did not look to special :/

and lul im not trolling. i just want to know if that is what u are getting at.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
so u are saying the fox was moving so fast that it only LOOKED like samus was doing nothing?

cause to me.. the samus did not look to special :/

and lul im not trolling. i just want to know if that is what u are getting at.
Why must you always try to oversimplify everything? It's rarely THAT easy.

Very simply: The Fox was aggressive so the Samus, while preferring to approach/be technical, had to play more conservatively than usual(hence your initial statement).

The Samus isn't quite Spaceballs/Hugs level yet, but he's improving greatly. Doing that well vs Col Bol is quite a feat. He's even established himself as top 5 in FL at this point(see: FL PR thread).

Top Bottom