• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
My computer/internet will not let me generally sign onto Smashboards anymore. I have no idea why. **** whoever decided to putHERB on July 24th aka the day of my tournament. My fault for not getting a thread up sooner I guess but still.

Also, I miss you crazy kids. I played Melee for the first time in like 3 weeks the other day and it was cool. What a crazy game.

As far as discussion goes: I think Sheik vs spacies sucks for spacies if the Sheik is playing gay. M2K made a pretty convincing argument at HERB.

I'm also a pretty firm believer that Marth beats Fox and Falcon 6:4.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
There were no M2K-tier spacies at HERB. I beat M2K's Sheik in singles and in the doubles tournament regardless.

I can maybe see Marth Falcon as that ratio but you're gonna have to explain Marth Fox 6:4 to me.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah it's really close. One of my favorite matchups haha. Generally Marth ***** Falcon on the Edge and Falcon ***** Marth in the open stage with combos. M2K's opinion is Falcon has the advantage.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Yeah it's really close. One of my favorite matchups haha. Generally Marth ***** Falcon on the Edge and Falcon ***** Marth in the open stage with combos. M2K's opinion is Falcon has the advantage.
MArth ****** on the edge is a moot point. He can just Fsmash away.

I'd assume that as long as MArth doesn't camp the edge, CF is fine.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
True to an extent; that's where it really starts to depend on the stage. Yoshi's Novel is good since Marth has auto tippers off platforms and the stage is so small it doesn't take much to get Falcon off stage (although it's still not a bad stage for Falcon). Fsmash is good, but easy to ledge tech. There are really just too many options for gimping here lol. Marth is one of the best edgeguarders and Falcon has one of the most punishable recoveries in the game. *Goes and watches Ken vs Isai vids*

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
True to an extent; that's where it really starts to depend on the stage. Yoshi's Novel is good since Marth has auto tippers off platforms and the stage is so small it doesn't take much to get Falcon off stage (although it's still not a bad stage for Falcon). Fsmash is good, but easy to ledge tech. There are really just too many options for gimping here lol. Marth is one of the best edgeguarders and Falcon has one of the most punishable recoveries in the game. *Goes and watches Ken vs Isai vids*
LOL I watched the ken vs Isai vids when I was a junior/senior in High school. Downloaded all them ****z

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Let's all post ratios. That's cool.

I'd say Marth vs Falcon is 50/50ish because Falcon combos Marth so hard when he gets a grab off usually and Marth has an awesome juggle and gimp game on Falcon. I'd say 55/45 Marth because he can camp the edge hard once he gets the lead but Falcon has enough tricks to keep him mixed up and able to get inside even the best marths sometimes.

Someone please explain this spacies vs Marth stuff. I'm not seeing it.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Lmao @ Fox vs Marth being anything except dead even. ur dum That is the most even match in the game. Falcon vs Marth is probably like 51-49 Marth just because of gimps. Falcon eats Marth like candy for combos, so good. Falco vs Marth is slightly, slightly ever so slightly in Marth's favor just because of the gimp factor.

Also, Brawl is like Melee...almost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExnuWPJBFRg&feature=channel_page

Foxxy

Smash Cadet
i took a look at the rankings and updated my work with PLUR's and Rawfuls'.

i'll hit you up on AIM sometime soon PP (after Animazement... how about Monday?)

i personally don't think it should be updated right after two smaller tournaments and right before 5 or 6 weeks of smash (with the melee tournaments of Bill's, Plur's, and probably Mine) coming up.

but regardless, i'm making a bit of a study of it and i want to get feedback.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Monday is cool with me.

I'd just like to update this with Mask's final placement is all. Ordinarily I'd wait though.

Where are Karn and Mask at?

Dublio

Smash Ace
Good stuff to everyone on the PRs and everyone that's working so hard to get on them. Kudos to the people that made this all possible as well as the ranking committee.

P.S. Everytime I hear Everlasting yayuhzz speak, this song will always play in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJ67EM__Hc&feature=channel_page

-disguised post as an excuse to post this vid of Yayuhzz's avatar. Cool song. Crazy Loop!-

Foxy

Smash Master
i predict not really any movement on this, unless jim gets back on.

we'll see.

dark hart, lulz, you know you won't ever be on here until you actually get something other than dead last at a tournament.

foxyisemo

Smash Cadet
hey guys! I won't be able to make it to any big tournaments for a few years but it shouldn't affect my spot in the PR, lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom