• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
lol yes alex, i did give kevin a rather vicious beat down in gano dits. :)

and i'm really tryin to make it to one of these upcoming tourneys. and if not I'll be moving into my new place in raleigh in december and i'll be goin to all of em.

and for me kirby is prob. worse than pichu.

Foxy

Smash Master
Kirby is much worse than Pichu... Pichu has better throws, better aerials, better edgeguards, and a much safer recovery. Kirby has almost zero combos apart from his dthrow shiz, and a bad recovery.

Ness, from a highest-level-of-play perspective (AKA Mew2king's) does seem obviously the worst - if you've ever watched that Ken vs Simna match on FoD, you'll see why.

Simply put, Ness is dead the instant he has to up-b. Even if he makes it back on the stage, the landing lag is horrendous, and it's incredibly easy to just hit him with any aerial during his startup. The only non-suicidal recovery option he has is to do a tricky combination of double jump and airdodge onto the edge, if your opponent overextends himself with the edgeguard.

Even if Ness has far better combos than Pichu or Kirby, he's dead offstage and that does make a huge difference.

I personally think Yoshi is really horrible.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Its hard to say who is the worst, but I know I'm the worst with Kirby and Yoshi. You guys would have gotten a kick out of me trying to play Boss Nasty's Ganon with Yoshi after PLUR's tourney lol

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
kirby, yoshi, ness, bowser, pichu, mew2....... i would think something like that, although there may be a slight bias against yoshi because I don't know how to play w/ him at all. And I also think that ness is way better than bowser.. his up-B kills it though.

Foxy

Smash Master
Yoshi is easily my worst character because I cannot live without jumping out of shield.

I just **** around and have no idea how to play with him.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Yoshi is such a dumb character but he's not completely bad. His sheild is like, superweird. He also has that DJC counter thing. I dunno. He is a weird character. I don't even like him but he's not completely awful

Kirby literally has absolutely nothing. No priority, no combos(Where was the Kirby section in the MEtagame combo vid? XD), no power. THe ****er can barely edgeguard and he has like 5 jumps.

I don't see where the NEss hate is coming from though. I don't get it. Not being a Ness main, just confused as to how he's considered the worse than Pichu.

Whenever I play Game and Watch, I feel like I'm playing a low-tier MArth. =) Only he clicks and beeps and has an awesome Nair.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Kirby's Uair and Fsmash kill and have decent range/setups, whereas Pichu gets no freebies for his hits except for a silly CG on spacies and Uair to Uair to thunder or something.

Pichu has range that is equal to or worse than Kirby's.

They both suck terribly.

Why do people like discussing the worst characters? Lol I'm so confused. I read about it a lot in the old and new Melee tier list thread too...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Because people like challenge?

We should be talking about Ganondorf and characters with potential.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
For my own reference.
This is the final tier list for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Completed October 2008. Approved by M3D. All values are conclusive and finalized.

Better than Top
Captain Falcon's Sexy Manliness 11.0

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0
Ice Climbers 7.9
Taj's Mewtwo 7.8

Middle
Samus 6.8
Dr. Mario 6.2
Ganondorf 6.0
Luigi 5.8
Donkey Kong 5.4
Mario 5.3

Low
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Bottom
Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5
Pichu 1.2

Because people like challenge?

We should be talking about Ganondorf and characters with potential.
Ganon should be High tier in my opinion, or atleast have Peach below him. He only has trouble with the top characters honestly and even Fox and Falco arent a complete blow-out for him. He does good against Marth and pretty good vs Falcon. I honestly think he ***** Peach. IC's is not a bad matchup for him mostly because he can take out Nana/Popo, (Which ever the pink one is) with ease and without an Up-B, the side-b is easy as hell to take advantage of. Doc sorta ***** Ganon with his chaingrab but Doc has such a ****ty recovery that only 3 Fairs will do the trick to take him out. Samus isnt too hard because Ganon can Jab, f-tilt, b-air, and u-air through her Missles. Jiggs is 50/50 for Ganon Since he can kill Jiggs as low as probably 65%.

His hardest macthups, IMO are (in order):
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Fox
Falcon
Jiggs

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ganon over Doc? Debatable. Ganon over Samus? I doubt it. Anything beyond that is kinda ridiculous.

I can see Ganon beating Jigglypuff, but Jiggz has some gay stuff to do back to Ganon and Jigglypuff is getting better too.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tierz R 4 Qweerz. I mean . . . look at top tier characters -

ghey.

Okay, now that that's outta tha way. I agree with Stongerz. [/contribution to the topic]

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The tier list really is pretty good.

Didn't read as much of Jim's post before, but I would think Fox is much worse for Ganon than Marth just because he can run circles around Ganon and gimp his recovery so easily.

Oh and Ganon can outspace Marth and gimp his fairly predictable recovery just as Marth can to Ganon.

Rohan

Smash Apprentice
falco beats ganon badly because if ganon gets falco in his up b then falco can auto sweetspot a dair to kill him :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Uh wat. Hardest matches for Ganon imo. I'll even give you 6
1. Sheik
2. Fox
3. Falco
4. Falcon
5. Marth
6. Peach

Boss Nasty's peach has taken advantage of my ganon a few more times than my Ganon has been able to get up that skirt. Richard is fundamentally sound and consistent. I've never thought that Ganon ***** Peach though, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom