• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
the word "pride" has always been a negative word for me. Kinda like conceit, presumptious, smug. Being competitive, like anything else which people consider "upgrades" always comes with a price. You lose some of your ideals in place of something else, something monstrous. something BEAST.

I suck at trolling. I'm the type of guy who will switch characters to avoid salt. *btw, that's why I can't pick a main. I don't like salt.*

edit: backing up my statment about being competitive:
I realize that I could have just gotten one stock off of Gofg and then proceeded to FC avoiding his ICs until time ran out. That would have taken up 16 minutes, but it would be a sure win. Way too gay to be allowed
That's the kinda **** you do for pride, and I wasnt about to let that be Gofg's first impression of me.

But instead, I decided to tough it out and try to beat him. Mad close, and I lost, but it was satisfying, and it got me something called "honor"
for the beginning: that depends on what your goals are. if my goal is to be good, but i'm not competitive, then whats the point? am i getting good for myself, am i getting good for the people around me, or am i getting good just so i don't look like a scrub in front of my new friends? for me its all three, and without any semblance of drive and competitiveness, i cannot get better.

as for the second part, you're just saying that if i (or someone else) gets frustrated against one of your characters, you'll just switch and play another character? so you'd rather sandbag and let your opponent get closer rather than let them get mad, then analyze themself, and figure out whats wrong. i'm just glad you didn't switch from peach for that double or nothing MM, cause i assure you, that would not have made me, or any other competitor, happy.

i don't see what the difference between pride and honor is. at least for me, inside the realm of smash. i see what youre saying; playing gay is not the most honorable thing to do, but i don't know of many people who would be "proud" of playing that way. Gofg sort of is...but i wouldn't call that pride, thats more just like...he knows who he is. If ones pride flowed solely off of tournament placing, then i guess your argument would make sense, but if you think all competitors only want to win, you're sadly mistaken. i compete to get better; i get better to win. i gain pride from getting better, not necessarily from winning. without knowing details, if i knew you had beaten gofg in tournament, i would've been proud of you. if i knew you'd camped, i would have thought "mad gay, but hey, it is what it is".

TL;DR if you don't want that something beast, then i don't know how you're going to get better. without that inner something, then why even play?

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
for the beginning: that depends on what your goals are. if my goal is to be good, but i'm not competitive, then whats the point? am i getting good for myself, am i getting good for the people around me, or am i getting good just so i don't look like a scrub in front of my new friends? for me its all three, and without any semblance of drive and competitiveness, i cannot get better.

as for the second part, you're just saying that if i (or someone else) gets frustrated against one of your characters, you'll just switch and play another character? so you'd rather sandbag and let your opponent get closer rather than let them get mad, then analyze themself, and figure out whats wrong. i'm just glad you didn't switch from peach for that double or nothing MM, cause i assure you, that would not have made me, or any other competitor, happy.

i don't see what the difference between pride and honor is. at least for me, inside the realm of smash. i see what youre saying; playing gay is not the most honorable thing to do, but i don't know of many people who would be "proud" of playing that way. Gofg sort of is...but i wouldn't call that pride, thats more just like...he knows who he is. If ones pride flowed solely off of tournament placing, then i guess your argument would make sense, but if you think all competitors only want to win, you're sadly mistaken. i compete to get better; i get better to win. i gain pride from getting better, not necessarily from winning. without knowing details, if i knew you had beaten gofg in tournament, i would've been proud of you. if i knew you'd camped, i would have thought "mad gay, but hey, it is what it is".

TL;DR if you don't want that something beast, then i don't know how you're going to get better. without that inner something, then why even play?
1. Remember that feeling you got when you first heard of 64 smash?

I do. That's why I play.
I think its ****ing beast that I can make samus shoot ****ing missles at Mario. That I can make DK punch Bowser in the face. That some little kid with a ****ing yoyo can beat the crap out of that green dinosaur mario rides everywhere. I never lost that feeling.

I bought melee when it first came out, simply for the 1p game. Then it got boring.
No one wanted to play because I was too good. So I search for better people.

I want to go back to playing with Items, with people who want to do the same. I kinda. . .feel like I just lost part of my childhood. I was seriously banking half my day on getting to play that Items match with PLUR. . . .***** didnt even show up. *Frown*

2. Smashers are awesome to be around/hang with. I mean. . its one of those things I do to fit in. . . . *Shrug*

3. No matter what I say, I like the competition. If smashers werent so anal about picking one character or not playing with items or just being II good, it would be the perfect atmosphere for me. That and if people would stop hitting that angry when they lost *josh, moo, chris*

4. I took the position as your rival. . . And you know me, I can't do **** but I dont quit. I think it would be disrespectful, for you to have put in the amount of time you put in against me, and for me to null it by quitting. You'd get over it, but its still a slight, THAT **** I can't condone.

5. Smash is one of the best *if not the best* games ever. Period. No matter how bad smashers **** it up or how anal you get about it or how it can take your soul, **** it all night, and give its *** filled carcus back to you the next day, you will still enjoy that ****. You'll take your soul, nurse that ***** back to full health and have it standing at smash's front door again the next night, probably with its own chains and whip.

6. I'm sorry, chris. but if I'm gonna be gay. I'm gonna be all the way gay. If I can FC camp GofG, I'm gonna switch characters after ******. The same reason why I dont drink or smoke. Its all or none. thats the way I do things. My doc is my best character right now. Swallow that ****.

TL;DR
1. I'm a weird as mutha****a and I get motivated in ways and for things you *****s can't imagine
2. "I fight for my friends." - Ike
3. I might complain about competition but I enjoy that ****
4. I'm your ****in Gary. *****
5. Smash is a great game. So great that I can take anything to play it.
6. Switchin characters is gay. People tell me to be gay. Deal with it.

Edit: Any questions?

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
Chris, It just occurred to me that you're new to the scene and therefore haven't read the MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT YOU'LL EVER READ IN YOUR LIFE.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE PINNACLE OF COMPETITIVE GAMING

. . . . .Reality Check.
Thank you.
You just beat DJ at influencing me.

*Smirk* But doesnt that meant that good players can play with Items as well? It certainly isnt a handicap. I mean. . I dont want to base tounaments on it, but every once in a while?

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
*smirk*
No, I have to stop caring.
Then I'll **** that little *****.
Go ahead. Miss another fair. Maybe I'll throw a bomb I just pulled out of my ***** atcha.
Maybe I'll **** you with my parasol.
Maybe I'll just pull out toad and make him say something to ya.
Win by any means necessary. *smirk* get ready.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
next time i see you two, i am willing to critique ur matches in game and then post-game

im no pp, but im sure i can help a little

just remind me to next time

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
theo. . **** you.
You dumped me. . .
FOR ****ING CAMERON MILANI?
SOUNDS LIKE A ****ING STRIPPER NAME.
OMG, ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!?!?!?!?
REALLY?!?!?!?!

. . . .
. . . .

edit: everyone can watch me **** chris. I'll do it again and again. In front of the world if need be.
especially in front of his girl. . . *smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirk*

get at me.

GofG

Smash Champion
lol people claiming they know sirlin

you think you know sirlin

do you own a signed copy of playing to win

i didn't think so

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
edit: everyone can watch me **** chris. I'll do it again and again. In front of the world if need be.
especially in front of his girl. . . *smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirk*

get at me.
*yawn*, now all you have to do is figure out where the tournaments are that you could actually DO this at, and you'll be set.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Hey would somebody do me a favor. I would appreciate a short story. I don't care what its about, but I really just need a short story. Please send me a message. Thank you come again.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Hey would somebody do me a favor. I would appreciate a short story. I don't care what its about, but I really just need a short story. Please send me a message. Thank you come again.
Is this for your MM against Zero?

null55

Smash Master
it was II good actually. it DEFINED you.

lak de back a maaahh aaaaeeeehhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom