• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Then I discovered Wavedash Dsmash and discovered some basic desynchs with IC and now Josh hates me.
****'s gay. haha Chris is soooo good. But get at my Fox 3 stocking your IC's a few times though. ;]

For real though, Fox and Ganon **** IC's so much easier than CF.

Maria will be the best girl in the state soon. She already won her first MM after a week, no thanks to my scrubby ***.

I started off playing mostly Doc once I learned to wavedash and then switched to Jiggs right before my very first tourney. That's where I met Adam. The following summer I started training in the dungeon and Adam taught me Falcon. I've been in love ever since.

EDIT: Arcanine used to be my favorite Pokemon when I played the games. <3 Maria.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
pretty good.
I have a recent infatuation with shiny pokemon. A pokemon is only as good as its shiny version.

Take for instance, Rayquaza. I mean. . the idea for that pokemon is kinda. . .okay, its not really THAT great.
But make Rayquaza Black. . .

whats a shiny arcanine look like?

whaddaya think?
I like the original better. . .

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
D:< My Fox game was hella off that night.

It won't
happen
again.

Also, trust me, CF beats IC way more soundly than Ganon. I wasn't really trying. Still with CF/Fox.
Haha, it's all good. My Fox was also really on. I was killing Nana uber fast.

I'm not so sure though. I know you weren't exactly trying super hard at like 7 am vs my Ganon but I feel like IC's never really recover from getting hit by that first Fair or Dair. Also, DownB is an amazing surprise Nana killer. Too much of his stuff is safe on shield. I don't know.

Dave, what do you think about the Ganon/IC's matchup?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
even though this wasn't directed at me i'll take a stab at it. Dave's at work for another 4 hours and I know his views on this for the most part, which are in essence similar to mine...

You will get some mixed responses about the ganon IC's match-up with all ganon mains basically haha. Personally, I feel that the match-up is close to neutral and IC's having the upper edge by a hair. Ganon can still tackle them fine though.

If you're asking if ganon has more tools to play the match-up than falcon, then I say no, barely. I think falcon has a little more potential in the match-up than ganon. It wouldn't surprise me if ganon is easier to play in the match-up than falcon for most people though, including myself.

btw.. gofg recently started playing the ganon match-up much better/gayer from what I saw at duke. Still kind of dependent on forcing the approach and grabbing, but nevertheless getting the job done.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Haha, it's all good. My Fox was also really on. I was killing Nana uber fast.

I'm not so sure though. I know you weren't exactly trying super hard at like 7 am vs my Ganon but I feel like IC's never really recover from getting hit by that first Fair or Dair. Also, DownB is an amazing surprise Nana killer. Too much of his stuff is safe on shield. I don't know.

Dave, what do you think about the Ganon/IC's matchup?
Fastest Nana-killers in the game are Fox, CF and then Ganon. However, I think I do decently vs CF and Ganon if I can call their rhythm, which is something I've been doing alot against you, just messing up your flow. CF is way harder for me to call since he's so spontaneous out but I don't mind challenging CF as much as I mind challenging Ganon. Challenging Ganon usually gets Nana Faired or something.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Fastest Nana-killers in the game are Fox, CF and then Ganon. However, I think I do decently vs CF and Ganon if I can call their rhythm, which is something I've been doing alot against you, just messing up your flow. CF is way harder for me to call since he's so spontaneous out but I don't mind challenging CF as much as I mind challenging Ganon. Challenging Ganon usually gets Nana Faired or something.
Yeah, I have a really hard time getting going against your IC's with Falcon. Fox was way easier, probably just because I can play the matchup super aggro as long as I'm not missing l cancels.

But yeah, like I said, it doesn't seem like IC's ever recover from that first time Nana gets Fair'd/separated from Popo.

Thanks for the write up, Jesse. I have a feeling that's roughly would Dave would say as well. I don't think Ganon has more tools to work with but I think it is a little easier to keep from getting grabbed, just due to the nature of the characters. Ganon's stuff is a lot safer on shield.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
No problem josh, I don't wanna give any insight on the mechanics of IC v. falcon because I'd sound stupid :) .. just my general view though.

haha all this talk about pokemon made me break out my collection the other day and take it over to my friends house who has even more. All together we had 6 charizards, 8 blastoise, 11 venusaurs, and only a handful of others that we didn't have AT LEAST 10 of, unless it's first edition than we had at least 5 lol. + tons of japanese / limited edition ones....

Is this **** even worth anything now? we still have old school price booklets from the 90's too but that shouldn't be too accurate.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
From what I understand, they periodically ban old generation cards. That being the 1st generation, they have been long since banned and are practically worthless. I believe they do this so they can sell more cards and in effect earn more money.

Unfortunate since I have binder full of them.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Wait so people still play pokemon? they actually update it still? HAHA. Yeah my binder has at least 2 of everything in each sleeve at least, except charizard.. i only had 1. My friends gonna be pissed when I tell him this though haha...

null55

Smash Master
Good to see my "scandalous adventures" made the honorable mentions list. Kind of reminds me of this old show.

Good times, good times.

If you don't get it, you're a complete ******.
.....................................i don't get it.

EDIT: my marth is sooooooooooooooo good.

DJRome

Smash Hero
zio, it's because you have to make new cards. if you don't ban the old ones, the creators have to take too much time thinking about how new cards will interact with a billion old cards.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
ness was my first main too

toasty, namesearch this!

i hear you aren't coming to herb3 :( i wanted a rematch on that ness mm.
ahhh Ness...my first love :)

<3 that guy

I need to play a lot more Ness again if I'm ever gonna put money on him XD

Sadly, I won't be at HERB3 :(

APEX!

START SAVING!

Get a box or a jar and start throwin change in there, maybe a dollar a day? Two dollars?

ANYTHING...it'll go a long way when you're finally able to make plans for it =D

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm a bit late on this, but as far as Ganon vs IC's, I think it's really close to even. Playing the "don't get grabbed" game is harder for Ganon than Falcon imo. Falcon can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee lol, Ganon can't float worth a **** but stings like a Mack Truck. Chu has always beaten the top Ganons up until recently (partially because he doesn't play as much, I guess). I know he's beaten Kage and Linguini in very close sets before, but at Pound 4 Linguini 2-0'd Chu in pools (as well as lucky). I dunno if Wobbles has any Ganon experience, but I'd like to think if he played gay and camped/baited grabs he'd do fine lol. Down angled ftilt (the "stank leg" as Josh calls it) is good at keeping climbers at bay (after aerials) but it won't help you at all if you get predictable. Spacing and l-canceling are beyond imporant in this matchup. Bair/fair ice blocks and take your time. I'm stuck between the match being 50/50 or maybe 52/48 Ganon LOL. Just one of the many matchups where Ganon arguably has the advantage, but has absolutely no room to screw around or he gets ***** hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom