• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

$mike

Smash Ace
Edit: LMFAO @ Falco/Falcon 70/30. Intense disapproval. 60/40 feels much better. I might even say 55/45 just because they both kill each other off of one hit now at top level(and playstyle differences make things hard to figure out for Falcos to lock Falcons down), but no one would go for that.
I actually agree with 60/40, for now at least. But I think that percentage is dependent on high levels of play.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
See, dealing with lasers is a problem for lots of inexperienced players, but you know what, lots of good players have found ways at dealing with them that may or may not involve powershielding. Marth powershields super well and can use a pwoershield approach to grab to ****. Defensively, he can DD into powershield by the edge and gimp. He could also just jump on a platform. Falco can't laser as well, and if he approaches then he gets hit probably.

Marth tends to combo Falco harder than vice-versa, but that gap is sorta closing I guess.

Oh, and I left out how Marth manipulates his aerial mobility to screw with Falco, or his awesome OOS game that makes approaching Marth super difficult for Falco. Yeah, that makes life tough as well.
then, giving falco falls different than fox, who gets comboed harder fox or falco? (by marth)

i have a harder time playing my friends fox, but then again he mains fox and his falco is like as good as mine, which isnt all that good, though i do random crazy **** like shineupsmashes cause my hand twitches or something, idk, techskill with no control?

not really, god****it, WHO ARE YOU!?!
Matthew Lassiter, from Goldsboro NC
born in 1989, went to Rosewood High School, and now attend NCA&T

Diatenshi happened
i take no responsibility for being born...
XD

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I think at this level of play in Smash it would be 60/40 unless you understand the match up very well. It's depend on that.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
hey, don't forget any one of Marth's moves destroys any approach Falcon can come up with
I'm sure anyone can destroy falcon's approaches if they call him on it. My GaW uptilts Josh out of **** all the time
Falcon Marth is 55 45 Marth's Favor
Ganon Marth is 55 45 Ganon's Favor

My opinion.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha
call me a dumb beaner, but i don't think Marth/Falcon is even.

scratch that, i don't want want Marth/Falcon to be even.

XX:YX Falcon's advantage

also Falcon/Falco is worse than against Sheik. let's be real here.
I'd rather be a falcon vs falco than a falcon vs sheik. Granted, I suck in all of falcon's matchups except MAYBE puff and marth?
i mean marth V shiek cant be as bad as like a shiek V G&W or something

CANNOT be worse than like 65/35

and i usually put marthvfox at like 55/45 fox, same for falco
Lmao I played m2k's sheik with GaW at the first herb! How dreadful.

vZakat

Half Genie
How do match-up ratios change because of player skill? If a match up seems harder, it's because you don't know it. It's not like marth vs sheik is 70/30 but if you know the match up it 60/40.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, you should assume the highest level of play for matchup discussions, but sometimes people are silly and like to assign ratios for levels more relevant to them.

@Diatenshi: Fox probably gets comboed harder, but they both get it pretty badly lol.

null55

Smash Master
lol the issue is... a lot of the times ****tier players will talk about things that they don't even naturally look for in a match just because we're sitting here having time to think about it. that's the only reason i'd say a lower level Falcon wouldn't do the things he's supposed to do defensively that make the Falco match-up more even...

but yeah... it's w/e. you probably shouldn't talk about match-up numbers at this point, and just learn and get info on what to do lol. then indulge in that math **** once you can actually do those things.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't think there's any harm in matchup discussion. It's a good way to learn and keep your mind on smash.

I just wish discussion was centered on a higher level o play like it should be more often, but I'm willing to take what I can get.

null55

Smash Master
KEVIN THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE DISCUSS MATCHES IS TO PROVE HOW WRONG THEY ARE. I'M NOT U

lol but nah it's like... great to discuss match ups. that's like the whole ****in game rofl. i just meant that whole numbers thing gets taken a little too seriously sometimes. it's fun to post what you think though. :bee:

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
I don't think there's any harm in matchup discussion. It's a good way to learn and keep your mind on smash.

I just wish discussion was centered on a higher level o play like it should be more often, but I'm willing to take what I can get.
at what % can fox be at so that a marth can upsmash him when he attempts to slight DI to that spot just behind? because standard upthrow till ~30% is what i go for, but its usuall broken by that, and i guess i recently learned about using the upsmash for a regrab,

also fox can shine out of the chaingrab if it isnt pivoted at like 20, but say i missed a chainthrow before then and fox misses his tech when he hits ground, should i go for the jab to wakeup or just space away and wait to techchase, also if techchasing go for a grab or go for something like dash attack, tipped it might go into regrab, im pretty bad at my spacie matchup, and those first 40-50% are killer for me

im looking for the alternatives that lead into getting fox offstage, finding out that half of NC is fox or falco kinda mind****s you when u realise ur spacie game as marth isnt up to par...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Cam.....blarg. You're almost nonsensical about serious smash. =(

@Diatenshi: do a grab hit to get them past 30% so you can avoid that sort of stuff lol. Uhhh, I've never heard of Usmash regrab but it sounds risky if the Fox Smash DIs up and away.

Just do a grab hit/another grab hit around 17% before you throw so they can't shine out lol.

Always go for a jab reset. Sometimes they can roll away if they smash DI'd the jab up so be ready for a roll just in case. Also, react to the missed tech with a jab. If you miss the CG then don't jab immediately because you might miss a tech chase then.

I like tech chasing with grabs, but dash attack isn't bad either, and dash canceled Dtilt is fun to use to push them offstage if you call it right.

Lol yeah, spacies are all the rage in lots of places these days since technical game is so valued by most people lol(I did it before it was cool).

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7nxsJHdgW4

funny, but interesting, stuff

null55

Smash Master
lol PP just loves showing off that he's a more consistent Falco than any asian.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Cam: lol still not @ my memory.

@Stongers: My decision had nothing to do with who was popular at the time. I blame Overswarm and Soft and Twitch for me maining Falco more than people like Shiz(though I'll admit he helped me stick with Falco lol).

null55

Smash Master
LOL wtf does OS have anything to do with this...

i blame myself.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PP would have lost that match if it wasn't for that last minute bob-omb.

Gardevior

Smash Lord

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I play Ganon because he always gets the last laugh. It's way too satisfying to stomp/punch b1tches, I love it.

That and every other character sucks.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I play Ganon because he always gets the last laugh. It's way too satisfying to stomp/punch b1tches, I love it.

does that mean luigi sucks?

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
i play marth because my friend who plays sheik told me he was a good character to start off with.............

i got ***** so hard for so long....

and now i know shieks **** marths... horray

null55

Smash Master
i play Falco because he's an ancient mystical creature who wants me to know that he has many things to teach me.

Gardevior

Smash Lord

I actually picked up Ganon solely for his stomp. It does 22 damage with LIGHTNING. How can you beat that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom