• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Straight Uptilts are hard to land on Falcon sometimes, and tech chases from grabs are good.

Anything non-FD sets up easy platform tech chases from Uthrow, and Fthrow can give you some cool stuff as well.
well i mean i could hit with fairs but they wont link into anything major

i like long combo strings regardless of whether they kill or not, but with alot of good DI thats prolly not gonna happen against you guys

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
falcon's recovery is so ridiculously hideously easy to gimp with marth is laughable

he comes to ledge just hog it

hes coming from below but will land on stage > backair

hes coming above stage just spike (easier from platform stage)

he's really really effin high like falconkicking onstage.... wtf did marth upsmash actually do something?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Marth recovers better vs Falcon than vice-versa.

Onstage game goes to Falcon(by popular opinion) for his speed and lag on Marth's moves I guess.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Falcon can die every time he gets knocked off.

Marth can at least forward B stall and use his jumps to make Falcon lose invincibility and roll up or go past him and grab the edge or swat him off or whatever.

It's not loads better but it's certainly better.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
theres always the shield hogging thing, so unless marth saved a jump that should always **** him too, imo its really really even, except onstage falcon does **** harder, offstage marth is a gimp artist, like he has been for every matchup

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, what I like to say about anyone talking about offsatge game to make a matchup even:

You can't get hit offstage without having a good onstage game first. If Falcon is better onstage, then he'll hit Marth offstage more often. His edgeguards on Marth aren't half-bad either, so he can finish stuff sooner too. Marth struggles more to finish combos onstage, and he can only do so much trying to gimp.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If Marth just chills by the edge, then Falcon has a loooot of room to bait Marth. Falcon can combo Marth offstage, which also sucks.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
If Marth just chills by the edge, then Falcon has a loooot of room to bait Marth. Falcon can combo Marth offstage, which also sucks.
yea but ~30 marth can start chaingrab on falcon, so 3 tipped fairs will get you into that range, and like 50% you can uptilt out of upthrow, starts a pretty vicious combo

only problem is falcon can do more, and at lower percents

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Falcon can do more at most/all percents.

Dthrow/uthrow knee at high percent is better than Marth throw/maybe edgeguard.
yea for some reason falcons fastfalling + his weight lead to almost nothing from marth throws

****ty but... oh well, marths ONLY saving grace is range in this matchup which is almost negated by falcon speed, and after all you gotta know which way to DI, dont DI into upairs or knees, youll get kneed

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, it's not an unwinnable matchup at all, but it seems more uphill for Marth at times to me.

Marth can still get off for sure though.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's not an unwinnable matchup at all, but it seems more uphill for Marth at times to me.

Marth can still get off for sure though.
uptilts **** falcon if he gets caught, something about that move.... it can lead you from like 20 to 60, then upairs take you into a ken combo or a fsmash

theres your offstageness... go gimp em marth

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if marth ganon is even, marth falcon has to be in falcons favor...doesn't it?

just my input of dumb ppl logic.

really though, couldn't marth just like...edge camp, cc grab a falcon approach (unless its a grab i guess) and then proceed to...kill falcon? guess it'd become a campfest then...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That match up always seemed heavily in Marth's favor what with his reach and what not.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
55/45 marth v ganon in marths favor

and marthvfalcon is super 50/50

now i always used to thing marthvshiek was like 50/50, not like ive played any shieks other than lance, but what is it really? 60/40 shieks favor? or like 55/45 shiek

null55

Smash Master
call me a dumb beaner, but i don't think Marth/Falcon is even.

scratch that, i don't want want Marth/Falcon to be even.

XX:YX Falcon's advantage

also Falcon/Falco is worse than against Sheik. let's be real here.

null55

Smash Master
now i always used to thing marthvshiek was like 50/50, not like ive played any shieks other than lance, but what is it really? 60/40 shieks favor? or like 55/45 shiek
lol... DJ get you're stupid *** Sheik in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom