• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
with ice climbers, you need one grab to take a stock. and with gofg, if he gets a blizzard, he gets a grab. so if he gets a blizzard he gets a stock. which has about 3 times the range of a rest. or if he reads a roll, he gets a stock, or if you don't l cancel against his shield, he gets a stock. there are probably other scenarios i'm not even aware of yet, in which gofg can take your life, without even realizing you did something wrong.

since idk the cg's, i don't classify it as easy, but they sure are gay.

not to mention that freeze glitch he does in friendlies...so homo.

luckily, i play ganondorf, the easiest character to get decent with quickly, by using 2 moves. forward air, and back air. maybe jab.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nah Ganon is tough to learn imo. Big moves that are slow, are still slow.

Blizzard can be DI'd out of.

Difficulty doesn't matter. People will learn to perfect that, so it's gay to me LOL.

Also, don't roll vs ICs(unless you see a grab/smash coming for sure). They just sit on the ground, so you can space/jump away(watch out for Uair and you're fine).

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
except ganons big moves that are slow, are fast.

i can just fair IC's shield all day, and if i l cancel and jab/downward ftilt, they can't grab me unless i spaced it horribly. which, as gofg can attest to, i'm doing less and less.

DI the blizzard up, away, or both? knowing that would make that even easier... i've already sorta figured out the whole SDI away on the dair and buffer the roll thing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
DI'ing down and away is probably best, but up would help you avoid the grab if they're antsy to get the grab as soon as the blizzard lag ends I bet.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I played with Bden for like 10 hours last night/this morning.

For those who don't know, Fiz just met him randomly like a month or two ago and found out he played smash. This guy had never played anybody who knew tech stuff and had only ever played with friends and watched videos. And for some reason, this kid is super good and he learns super fast.

In the last month, this kid's Falco has gotten twice as technical and twice as smart. Fiz always raved to me about him, but he really kinda blew me away last night. Not to mention, he's cool as ****. We hyperbolic time chambered (infinite time) Falco dittos, Falco vs Fox, and Falco vs Falcon and he constantly adapted and punished/combo'd harder and harder. So crazy.

Anyway, I'm posting this here because if this kid continues to improve at the rate he's going we're gonna have another Kevin Nanney on our hands and I seriously can see him making PR's. I mean, he's already better than DJ. ;]

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
the dair infinite that he does is really beast, but you can break out of it chris. I think my bro broke out of it too, but when we talked about it we both did it in opposite directions almost(weird lol). It was mainly experimental but it worked occasionally.

if you get 0-deathed by IC from a blizzard INITIALLY, then you got completeeeeeeely mind-****ed. you can break out of that and it's usually a big risk for IC. I only use it like that after a dthrow.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
pretty stupid post, but i'm wondering if theres anyone round Greensboro, (like UNCG or A&T), Goldsboro ( i saw darksyde was wilson, sorta close ), or Fayetteville

just trying to find more ppl to play against right now its only like 3 friends at A&T... not trying to say im good i just wanna find some bi-weeklys or something nearby, i go to college in Greensboro (A&T, where nobody plays melee except me and brian... and well its gettin really boring cuz anyone else who picks up sticks gets ***** and spouts johns about if it were brawl...), live in Goldsboro ( home on weekends ) and am gonna be working in Fayetteville in tha summer.....

also, simple searches (im not an idiot, i searched) i found billfest.. which ill be able to go to which will be awesome, and only good person ive ever played against was TC (i'd assume he was, memory fuzzy) like... 3 years ago at a pretty horrible tournament at community college here, i had just picked up the game, still did decent ( like top 8? ) and i was a scrub, consistently 3stocked by my friend... who got 3 stocked by TC... well thats the only smash reference i can put, and now i can fairly easily 3stock my friend, though im not claiming to be good as TC in any sort

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol ****, isn't the asce conference on friday. but yeah ****. look in the duke thread first post

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I'd say that gofg is probably better than me now.
Definitely not.

pretty stupid post, but i'm wondering if theres anyone round Greensboro, (like UNCG or A&T), Goldsboro ( i saw darksyde was wilson, sorta close ), or Fayetteville

just trying to find more ppl to play against right now its only like 3 friends at A&T... not trying to say im good i just wanna find some bi-weeklys or something nearby, i go to college in Greensboro (A&T, where nobody plays melee except me and brian... and well its gettin really boring cuz anyone else who picks up sticks gets ***** and spouts johns about if it were brawl...), live in Goldsboro ( home on weekends ) and am gonna be working in Fayetteville in tha summer.....

also, simple searches (im not an idiot, i searched) i found billfest.. which ill be able to go to which will be awesome, and only good person ive ever played against was TC (i'd assume he was, memory fuzzy) like... 3 years ago at a pretty horrible tournament at community college here, i had just picked up the game, still did decent ( like top 8? ) and i was a scrub, consistently 3stocked by my friend... who got 3 stocked by TC... well thats the only smash reference i can put, and now i can fairly easily 3stock my friend, though im not claiming to be good as TC in any sort
In Greensboro you have...

Me
$Mike (The Best Falcon in NC, he'll be fantastic practice)
Behr
THE DARKNESS! (BlackChris)
Dshep(?)
Cam (Most of the time he's at college in Chapel Hill though)

That's all of Gboro, so just hit up any of these guys.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Most of the information you'll need is in the OP(original post) of the Duke thread, but teams usually starts around 1:30, followed by a food break and then singles when that ends(friendlies in between as well).

You're also welcome to show up much earlier than 1:30 to get friendlies in too.

I guess they usually end around 7ish?

Not sure what else you would want to know....

BEHR

Smash Hero
Playing Mike is like watching a Falcon Highlight Reel.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Definitely not.

In Greensboro you have...

Me
$Mike (The Best Falcon in NC, he'll be fantastic practice)
Behr
THE DARKNESS! (BlackChris)
Dshep(?)
Cam (Most of the time he's at college in Chapel Hill though)

That's all of Gboro, so just hit up any of these guys.
no doubt that'll be sick to hit a few of em up, wish my college had ppl, A&T, those guys like in the surrounding area or at UNCG?

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
*****in, ill definately send out mass messages to see if i can drop in for friendlies or something, also the ASCE conference is like thursday to saturday, and ill be busy only till like 1 or so saturday, where ill try and dissapear and play sum melee

edit to avoid Double post - the OP just says "duke" and thanks to PP i know its at 130 but where exactly? am i being stupid by not just searching "duke"

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
FOCKEN YEAHYUH

someone who plays good and DOESN'T JOHN?!?
its a real shame i couldn't get up with you on that saturday. i wanted to get at the tournament venue and check things out, but i really wanna play you now, Diatenshi.

like they said, i'm a few miles down the road at UNCG, and i'm a ganon main.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
in other news i might be less scrubbish than previously thought, my friend brian went by Blade back in the day i guess, and had some all night smashes with Dr. pp & his younger brither and lozr at a friends house according to himself,

hes from winston and hell i play him all the time

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's nice to hear you play against someone, but now how well you perform against them, or your friend against PP/lozr/twitch.

C'mon, son! Give us some insight.

Did'ja straight wreck 'em?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
daitenshi is going to better than kevin, I can smell it.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
It's nice to hear you play against someone, but now how well you perform against them, or your friend against PP/lozr/twitch.

C'mon, son! Give us some insight.

Did'ja straight wreck 'em?
meh ill ask when im back up at college but i wont say he ***** or got ***** but he definately didnt win a majority

and against brian i'd say we are on par with eachother not like im trying to straight into this go ****** Dr. pp though that would be something awesome (never going to happen), long as im serious and play smart i dont feel like ill get 4 stocked off sheer mindrape, and im playing bl@ckchris sunday when i get back and against him i feel confident to trade a few games so i should go 30/70 against him at worst but marth v ganon isnt my fav matchup...

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
diatenshi, you're going to be at duke next weekend right?

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
M vs. ganon is a hard match up if you don't know what to do
m. v ganon is hard if you get hit

moral of story, dont get hit

seriously like 5 hits by dorf and ur at minimum 40% cuz his jab does like 8 a hit... and fairs do like 17 or something so you could be as high as like 90% off 5 hits... thats kill % for like 6 different moves from dorf..

marth just needs to combo, not get hit, and gimp like a pro, that **** falcon kick (warlock kick) makes him always come back

and yea ima try to be at duke next weekend, ill be there for the ASCE conference and ill try to slip out that saturday

also, who is kevin?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
YES! We got PP's rival, finally. Spot light will be on you, son. Surprise us like kevin (Dr. PP for you, Den) did when he randomly showed up at a Gamecrazy tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom