• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yo. I'll be joining L0zR when he goes to Fiz's this thursday. I wanna see you and how good you are.

I would also love to play you. I won't promise any challenge, because I am the worst.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm not sure what Diaken....eh said, but I got the part where we were supposed to smash this weekend at Duke, and I can handle that.

Marth vs Ganon is fun for me.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dittos seem to typically involve similar baits and punishes like other matchups, but it's usually harder because only certain options are good(unlike other matchups where you can get more creative). I like Marth dittos because of how smooth the matchup can be played(movement-wise), and the juggles are really fun to me.

That's a good explanation though, so just remind me not to pick Marth(I'll probably try it lol) and I'll be cool with it.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Dittos seem to typically involve similar baits and punishes like other matchups, but it's usually harder because only certain options are good(unlike other matchups where you can get more creative). I like Marth dittos because of how smooth the matchup can be played(movement-wise), and the juggles are really fun to me.

That's a good explanation though, so just remind me not to pick Marth(I'll probably try it lol) and I'll be cool with it.
im just hoping for a hell a lot of friendlies

dittos or not wont really matter but the falco's so sexay, bring it out

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I hate dittos. Marth dittos especially cause I play them too much.

All I know in that match up is to stay grounded often. Ftilt, and Dtilt are the best options.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
short hopped double fairs should provide some good pressure spaced right, and if one pokes it can go straight into combo, im a big fan of the fair > uair combos with marth, they r so sexy, expecially out of a single short hop then like into utilt or sidesmash, total ****

on topic

this is the NC rankings, and im lazy and dont search everythread since im new here

if there were state crewbattles ( norcal and socal bieng different states ) would NC be anywhere up there?

like i get it PP is top 10ish nation but idk about all the rest of NC though im sure they **** too

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Diakenshi: Depends on how many people were in the crew battle LOL. We couldn't beat any big region like Norcal/Socal/tri-state/FL/MD/VA, but after that we could certainly hold our own(to a point).

@Slasher: Too far. XD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We'd do wayyyy better with a 5v5 than a 12v12.

Also, one of our better Marths here, Seven, is a guy I train at my college on Thursdays. I think he will be ranked next update, so stay tuned for how that works out.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's okay, it's not like he posts anymore anyway lol.

He'll ditto you, but he won't enjoy it I bet haha. He hates the ditto a lot too.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Welllll.....

Most Marths hate Sheik because it's Marth's worst matchup. Seven probably hates that matchup as much as the ditto LOL.

I however, like to play Marth vs Sheik.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Welllll.....

Most Marths hate Sheik because it's Marth's worst matchup. Seven probably hates that matchup as much as the ditto LOL.

I however, like to play Marth vs Sheik.
shieks his worst matchup? i feel ****** over, cause when i started playing as marth my friend ***** me day in and day out with shiek

i felt like it was pretty even and i know it kind of well now...

then again someones gonna come along and straight **** me with shiek, that'll change my mind

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, we have a couple Sheiks here that could help educate you haha, so you can just see for yourself.

It's good to know that matchup though, because now it will be hard for people to just pick Sheik and try to go for an easy win on you.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Well, we have a couple Sheiks here that could help educate you haha, so you can just see for yourself.

It's good to know that matchup though, because now it will be hard for people to just pick Sheik and try to go for an easy win on you.
bad as it sounds i hate playing v fox or falcon more than anything and marth has something for both of em though its still even

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol its DEFINITELY his worst matchup but yeah theo and i played for 8 hours after duke stomped wvu yesterday i think 3-4 hours of it was marth v sheik

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
People say Marth loses to Falcon too(it is debated though), so I wouldn't worry about that one.

It gets easier with experience though, so don't stress about it too much. You'll have lots of Falcons and Foxes to fight here anyway, so I guess you'll learn quickly lol.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
i just hate fighting falcon cause i havent found much against him out of a grab, so im trying to land open utilts

opposite for fox, i gotta try for the grabs until he's high enough % so that ican juggle

sheiks comboable from 0 onward just depends on the moves though i wouldnt say she can be 0-deathed

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Straight Uptilts are hard to land on Falcon sometimes, and tech chases from grabs are good.

Anything non-FD sets up easy platform tech chases from Uthrow, and Fthrow can give you some cool stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom