• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next UK Smash Tournament?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Guys, I really really really want someone to man up and host a tourney..

Another reason why is because I have 16 coach tickets that I can change to any date, as long as something comes up before the 20th of November (not host one, I mean just organize and confirm one because I can ammend the tickets to sometime around dec- early feb by then). =/ You'll get 10-16 londoners already confirmed.

The lack of tournament in the UK atm in general is poor. We haven't done anything in months

Aiko

Smash Champion
i can host, i cant house. If you londoners can man up and actually pay for a hostel or something, i can organise one for november.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Basically, if you can find a venue where we pay probably £5 each as usual, and maybe housing that costs £5-10 each then go for it. Osplay was charging us £20 so >_>

I warn anyone who is going to host that if you want to house people you are gonna be looking around 20-40 heads that will want it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How big do you want the tournament to be?

When do you want it to take place?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
it can take place anytime between November - Early Feb otherwise I can't change these sodding tickets and less people will come

Seriously even a tourney which you doubt will get enough players will have at least 30

J03

Smash Master
Atm i dont have anywhere to house, but im working on it

Traveling around bolton would be around £4 a day.

On top of that is the venue of course, which is undecided at this moment, but tbh is pretty easy bish... the NW is pretty big xD.

me and charles just did some thinking and reckon its likely to get 30 people to a tourney. so if your interested i need to know.

EDIT. it looks like me and Aiko will be colloborating.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Atm i dont have anywhere to house, but im working on it

Traveling around bolton would be around £4 a day.

On top of that is the venue of course, which is undecided at this moment, but tbh is pretty easy bish... the NW is pretty big xD.

me and charles just did some thinking and reckon its likely to get 30 people to a tourney. so if your interested i need to know.

EDIT. it looks like me and Aiko will be colloborating.
I'll come :)

auroreon

Smash Ace
Im glad someone else has noticed the poor rate of tournys in the UK. I would REALLY like to attend a tournament having only really within the last year started playing smash bros. at a very competetive level, and I would love to see how I fare against the best the UK has to offer.
I would probably be bringing a few other people as well. We're willing to pay for a hotel and travel to wherever.

I hope someone is able to host this, would be a great to test my skills out.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Im glad someone else has noticed the poor rate of tournys in the UK. I would REALLY like to attend a tournament having only really within the last year started playing smash bros. at a very competetive level, and I would love to see how I fare against the best the UK has to offer.
I would probably be bringing a few other people as well. We're willing to pay for a hotel and travel to wherever.

I hope someone is able to host this, would be a great to test my skills out.
did I ever mention your sig is tooo goood :laugh: and so is yoshi

AmcD

Smash Ace
I can hold a tournament but I can't house. I know a few hostels that people can stay at which are cheap if you stay in groups.

J03

Smash Master
RIGHT ***FACES.

its pretty obvious that a tourney is on the cards here. Between me, ant, alan and will we'll get one sorted. main problem is whether or not to do it before or after christmas. i personally opt for before and will collaborate with the nessecary PA's to inform my co-hosts of the situation.

as for housing. anywhere between £15-25 is to be expected. There is approximatly space for 10 people at my uni but ill be offering those spaces as i see fit. id say dont ask but A. i know peeps will and B. if your truly a poor ******* then i MIGHT be able to help... alternatively i might just charge you to be a **** xD.

There will prolly obv be a £5 venue charge and a £5/10 decifit for doubles/singles.

If anyone is planning on drving then let everyone know, you might end up helping out with a carpool.

The general location of this tourney is liekly to be around Manchester or Liverpool

Discuss

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
just make sure housing is not more than £5/10 a night =/

Edwin why don't you stfu and not let me waste £224? considering you was on that list of people going to Birmingham why are you complaining

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
prof i heard you're gay now

can u confirm?

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
This is prof's PA.

He's unavailable at the current time, however I can confirm that the rumor in question is in fact correct, Pdot.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
lol

glad to hear it

so when is the next tourn KOOP

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
Nice sig aurorean, Yoshi is awesome

and F**K YOU Z, next time we meet £5 MM, my Yoshi against your whoever

also any tourny after Christmas I'll probably attend

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I really, and I mean "REALLY" want tournaments in Scotland. I have never heard of one happen except from that failure of a tournament in gamestation (although I wanted that TV and stuff but got knocked out in semis lol)

... Yoshi hate... EVEN HERE!? Ugh! is there a place in this forum where there is NOT Yoshi hate!? never mind. I guess underestimation on Yoshi is always gonna be here. I guess it is up to me to own with Yoshi here (tourney in Dundee kthxbai lol but seriously, I need a tourney here. cant host)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Hey pidgey. =D

You should try and get together with a few friends and host. Like I am... hopefully.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
Hey willz lol is there a smash community where we dont see each other in? lol

well I have only one friend who likes smash bros, out of all friends and... he sucks XD and I mean he plays casual and all and cant do anything in the competitive side.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
hahahahaha Yoshi is so pish

Sean Ross- you are on son, £5 and I might just pull out my Roy for the banter so watch out. You still play poker btw?

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
yeah shut up zeppo. Dont have anything nice to say about Yoshi, dont even mention it.

Plus I cant host, I dunno what I should do.

Top Bottom