• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Tier List

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
the few times I have used up air with samus has been vs predictable ness's

Up air, they try to down air me, i go around and back air.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
first of all, i definitely do not think im better than isai or jaimehr. i was just saying that based on the videos i saw, i feel that they didnt make some moves that i wouldve in some situations, isai more than jaimehr, thats why i think i know samus better than them. and i do try to di and z-cancel all the time, but being human means im not perfect and i do end up missing some z-cancels.

samus' upsmash is a good setup for a followed up hit such as fair if the opponent is at a low percentage.

i used to use upair alot back when i was a n00b, but i hardly use it nowadays. i only really use when an opponent is above me on a platform where i can follow up with an upb to break their shield.

and sheer, im down to find out wat ur yoshi can really do. if ur ever in cali, better yet, if ANYONE is ever in cali, pm me and ill most likely be down to smash

D

Deleted member

first of all, i definitely do not think im better than isai or jaimehr. i was just saying that based on the videos i saw, i feel that they didnt make some moves that i wouldve in some situations, isai more than jaimehr, thats why i think i know samus better than them. and i do try to di and z-cancel all the time, but being human means im not perfect and i do end up missing some z-cancels.

samus' upsmash is a good setup for a followed up hit such as fair if the opponent is at a low percentage.

i used to use upair alot back when i was a n00b, but i hardly use it nowadays. i only really use when an opponent is above me on a platform where i can follow up with an upb to break their shield.

and sheer, im down to find out wat ur yoshi can really do. if ur ever in cali, better yet, if ANYONE is ever in cali, pm me and ill most likely be down to smash
nobody except for maybe some japanese players know samus better than isai

a lot of people make claims that they "know" a certain character better than isai but its simply not true

NixxxoN

Smash Master
nobody except for maybe some japanese players know samus better than isai

a lot of people make claims that they "know" a certain character better than isai but its simply not true
people should get off isais d*ck
You dont have a clue about all the players in the world and how much they know a certain char. And please theres much more in the world besides USA + Japan. So... You may be true, but you don't know

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
People get on his d*ck too much, but some people such as myself merely respect him, and don't make stupid comments about him. I can respectfully and honestly say that Isai has the best Samus around besides any people that might be around in Japan (but even then...). And yes, we know there's more besides USA + Japan, but they'd be known if they were anything special.

There's a reason why Isai rarely loses, he's ****ing good.

Superstar

Smash Champion
You're using blanket statements. Not all Americans rate Europe as nothing, and you're talking about some Americans getting owned by some Europeans. Unless you can prove that ALL Americans get owned by ALL Europeans, you can't use that particular argument.

We know Europe exists, but the scene is a lot weaker there than in Japan and US, and that's saying something. There is a reason all you Europeans seem to be on at late hours in EGX during our prime [at least when I used to be there].

Frogles

Smash Ace
Well, for example, its funny how often (some) americans rate europe as "nothing"... Then they usually get owned
Edit: or may I say Armada'ed.
lol why should we assume that there's some godly european players out there? there MAY(huge may) be another alancitu somewhere in europe but until he brings himself out he doesnt exist so we won't say **** like "isai has the best ____ except for maybe some european guy". the reason people bring up japan is because the good players there aren't imaginary.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well european ssb64 scence has two main problems:

1) europe as a continent is split with lots of countries and has multi-language barrier and comunication problem, unlike USA or Japan.
2) We played PAL version on console which is quite different. and then NTSC online many years later than 1999.

There must be MANY ****ing good PAL players in europe that should be taken into consideration, because only in my local region (50,000 inhabitants) there are about 5-6 really good players.

Superstar, the online scene is weaker because we play on american version, but maybe not the console scene (considering the pal-ntsc change)
@ Frogles, you should not say "he doesnt exist" but "I dont know if he exists"

Edit: and if you guys talking about "NTSC version only" then, ok...

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Well pika has always been above kirby. Then fox jumped kirby because fox players have gotten way better whereas kirby hasn't evolved much from utilt and dair (exaggeration but you get the point).

false_angelwing

Smash Cadet
I want to bring down the SSB64 hierarchy. The So-Cal Malvaites are so despotic in their willingness to promptly crush any opposition to their established norms, leading us to a warped view of smash brothers for the nintendo 64. I bring about the Nixxxon revolution whereby Pikachu's recovery is sub-par and Samus has the best comboing options in the game.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I want to bring down the SSB64 hierarchy. The So-Cal Malvaites are so despotic in their willingness to promptly crush any opposition to their established norms, leading us to a warped view of smash brothers for the nintendo 64. I bring about the Nixxxon revolution whereby Pikachu's recovery is sub-par and Samus has the best comboing options in the game.
..... wtf????? D:

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Well, for example, its funny how often (some) americans rate europe as "nothing"... Then they usually get owned
Edit: or may I say Armada'ed.
LOL wow. So, Europes best player comes to the USA and beats everyone except 1, what the **** did you expect to happen? he is THE BEST IN EUROPE.

it doesn't mean anything unless its like, a total scrub from Europe comes and beats our best in the States.

Regardless, there is a reason people ride on Isai's nuts. If you were the best, people would ride your nuts too.

D

Deleted member

people should get off isais d*ck
You dont have a clue about all the players in the world and how much they know a certain char. And please theres much more in the world besides USA + Japan. So... You may be true, but you don't know
I am true because I at least back up what I think with plenty of evidence you f***ing dumb****

i remember a post where tigerbombz ***** darth rancorous

isais samus ***** tigerbombz

some of what darth rancorous says doesn't make a whole lot of sense because it simply DOESNT work against good people

people thinking they "know" a character better than isai is a common trait of players, i remember nintendude saying the same exact thing to me when all he does is camp

why is stating the truth jumping on isai's ****? is this some stupid nixxxon logic? :(

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
People don't realize just how hard it is to play against Isai. He may look simple (sometimes) on videos, but his experience is freaking huge. He has mastered all the aspects of the game so that his brain always quickly thinks of the best move to use at a given time. He's really something else.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
haha I knew you would rage-reply like you always do.

From my point of view one thing is knowing a char well and the other is to kick *** with that char. I know a lot of players which have incredible knowledge of chars technical stuff but they arent just really skilled with the fingers and that prevents them from being great players.
You dont really have a clue which player in the world knows better a certain char. Why must he be isai? As amazing as isai's skills are, u act like he is the fuking god or even the creator of this game and hes not

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You are comparing two completely different things. Sorry if this is a terrible analogy (which it probably is), but it's like saying the coach knows more about the sport than the player, but the player gets all the credit and it's not the coach's fault he doesn't practice/compete enough to be as good as the player.

Edit: Ok, better analogy:

Everyone knows about TAS and how it completely takes the game and brings it to a whole new level. Most people watching TAS vids know exactly what the TASer is doing (with a few minor exceptions sometimes for certain techniques). That doesn't mean that anyone can do TAS moves in a regular match.

D

Deleted member

yeah i do have a clue i told you why if you looked at my post

obviously you didn't look at them

lol at saying you "know" a lot of people with "incredible knowledge." Unless they are missing a few fingers it's hard not to apply it to a game as slow as smash 64 and as a slow character.

I don't treat Isai as a god its simply the fact that he is better than Darth Rancorous. Also, take a chill pill since you seem to have some weird anger against him when he is simply the best player in a video game.

once again another trademark ******** Nixxxon post :( :( :(

NixxxoN

Smash Master
yeah i do have a clue i told you why if you looked at my post

obviously you didn't look at them

lol at saying you "know" a lot of people with "incredible knowledge." Unless they are missing a few fingers it's hard not to apply it to a game as slow as smash 64 and as a slow character.

I don't treat Isai as a god its simply the fact that he is better than Darth Rancorous. Also, take a chill pill since you seem to have some weird anger against him when he is simply the best player in a video game.

once again another trademark ******** Nixxxon post :( :( :(
Why you accuse me to not look at my post if you fail to read mine? Never said anything about Darth Rancorous.
And lets stop here (again) because your replies always finish with [my name][random insult/flame] :rolleyes:
@ cubaisdeath: yes...some friend got me into smash and told me how to play... why?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Does anyone remember what everyone is arguing about?

If we're going to argue, then I'm going to argue about what I want to argue about, not what you guys want to. Now with that being said...who the **** has my green sweater?!?!?!

Just play the game and everything will fall into place.

false_angelwing

Smash Cadet
Haha this forum is dope. On the one hand you have boomfan and malva apes who in all honesty are probably 100% right, and then you have Nixxon, a lone soldier, who says really left of field stuff and I admire him for it because of his general anti-establishmentarianism, however misinformed or misguided.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I loved the analogy of people on/off isais d*** - do people actually think about what they type? haha.

All I have to sayis that if you think you know a char better than isai, play him and find out. Tell me how that goes when you do :)

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
^ EXACTLY! But everyone is too stupid to realize that. Though I do hate when people go overboard with the compliments (worship).

Skrlx

Smash Champion
"some say captain falcon is isai in disguise

TOO GOOD"

-typical comment on isai's youtube VIDZ

it's funny though cause i remember malva signed in once and people were like "omg isai" and Fireblaster was telling people to calm down and that isai doesn't really like it when people do that and then isai went on to say he does enjoy it and that if Fireblaster is jealous lol

malva00

Smash Master
don't believe everything people say about me

I don't remember every single time I joke around on kaillera

what Wrath is saying is not true (not saying it didn't happen, or that I dislike it)

i'm not going to post everytime someone says something about me, so don't be deceived (not saying Wrath is trying to deceive)

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
i didnt really get ***** by tigerbomz, no homo, back when we played in january. he simply beat me. i define ****** as 4 or 5-stocking. its been 10-months and i know ive gotten better and so has he. i still dont think i can beat him, but i doubt he would "****" me tho. and im not tryin to talk ish about tigerbombz or anyone, im just tryin to express my opinion on things.

ill just reiterate wat i said in a previous post. i dont think im better than isai. i was just sayin, being a samus main, just like anybody else who mains a character, ive gotten to know wat works and wat doesnt work. isai has way more experience and skill than me, and that is why he has a better samus that would beat mine even if he goes about it in a way i wouldnt

Top Bottom