• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
snes is probably my favorite console.
Easily. Maybe cause I grew up from like 5/6-11 playing it. Even after I got an N64 I kept playing and buying games for it. The first sentence I ever read was "The package has opened" in Final Fantasy 2 aka 4. And it's collection of games was incredible. Even the "crappy" games were pretty awesome compared to todays "crappy" games. Seems like there is so much emphasis on getting things out as fast as possible and moving onto the next thing now days. Makes for a lot of really bad games. Really a huge bummer.

The SNES had more time as the flagship system, than most any system has since. (Playstation and N64 had 5 year runs, SNES had 6 years), and has significantly less games to it's name than any modern systems. However the quality of all the games is pretty superb.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I really like my Wii, especially now in it's 'later years' with the Wii-u looming on the horizon. I love the fact that it can play GCN games as well as the new games which has expanded my enjoyment of last-gen games much longer than had it not been backward compatible. It also has a wealth of gaming goodness on the Virtual Console, something I wasn't too interested in at first but have come to enjoy quite a lot lately (you can find some really good games for WiiWare).

There is actually a wealth of great games for the Wii right now, and something for everyone.

Conduit (series)
DeBlob
House of the Dead: Overkill
The Metroid Prime Trilogy
Monster Hunter Tri
Muramasa
No More Heroes (series)
Resident Evil (Series)
Zack & Wiki

I think Sin & Punishment, Rune Factory, and some others were already mentioned, but at any rate there are too many good games to actually get around to playing through. That sounds like a bountiful amount of gaming to me. :)

debaser

Smash Lord
yea after playing earthbound, the dkc's, yoshi's island, chrono trigger, ff6, kirby superstar etc. etc. snes became my favorite console.

ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS

and holy **** super metroid. that game is off the goddamned chain. It no longer even has a concept of a chain anymore.

keeper

Smash Champion
There is actually a wealth of great games for the Wii right now, and something for everyone.

Conduit (series)
DeBlob
House of the Dead: Overkill
The Metroid Prime Trilogy
Monster Hunter Tri
Muramasa
No More Heroes (series)
Resident Evil (Series)
Zack & Wiki
The Prime trilogy doesn't really count since the first two are GCN ports, same as RE4.
Edit: They discontinued the trilogy and it's super rare now too.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
Dude mh tri wasn't good. If you have played any of the other games in the series you would know that it's a **** game comparatively.

I'm glad you enjoy the wii but I personally dislike mine. I Should have gotten a ps3 but at the time they were still like $600. Granted I did enjoy skyward sword. A lot.
The library of games for the wii is huge but ****ty games make good 85% if not more of it

I also grew up with snes and agree that it is an amazing system with some of the best games of all time.

:phone:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm ok w/ the Wii merely because almost every other game I like I play on the PC. Outside of smash, most of my wii games barring Mario Kart Wii haven't been used.

My GCN library is like:
SSBM
Soul Calibur 2
Mario Kart: DD
Mario Tennis
Mario Strikers
Time Splitters 2 (I really wanted to get 3 as well)
James Bond: Nightfire
Tales of Symphonia
Custom Robo
I had Metroid Prime 2 but lost it somehow which is really lame
LoZ: WW
LoZ: Four Swords
Pokemon Colosseum

Not counting things like the LoZ port where it has like 4 games in one lol.

I really didn't jump into console gaming, we were usually too poor to buy a separate console :p. I remember going to my friends' houses and playing on the SNES and N64 a lot though.

I think my first console I officially owned was PS1.

Binx

Smash Master
I grew up playing tons of console games, I've played hundreds of nes games, I used to have the sega channel if anyone remembers that so I have played the vast majority of Genesis games.

I've played probably all notable snes games through to completion. I never got into the 64 much Minh had one when I lived near him and we played Smash 64 a lot but other than that I didn't really play it too much, I played golden eye at another friends house a bit but I never really liked first person shooters.

And I've also played a million PSX and PS2 games, mostly the RPGs and a lot of fighters. I also played most of the good dreamcast titles before it bombed.

As I've written this I think back to wonder where I had time for all those... take that school.

It's actually kind of funny, I played nes and sega, and didn't own a snes, then I had a PSX and ran out of good rpgs to play on it, then I went back and bought a snes and all the games I could eat up, then got some emulators for more snes games. SNES was an awesome system with some really really good titles even if you don't have nostalgia to back them up. I'm actually playing Mario RPG over again with my GF right now, and the virtual console was one of my main selling points for buying the system, I guess I could have just used emulators but eh.

keeper

Smash Champion
Dude! I had the metroid prime trilogy for wii, but my stupid brother let his friends borrow it and now I am pretty sure it is gone. :(
Bummer. :(

I think I'm the only person that has played a lot of games that never had an N64 or SNES or NES. I had Sega Genesis and Playstation. Only Nintendo stuff had up until the GCN was my Gameboy Color.

debaser

Smash Lord
earthbound is my favorite rpg ever.

mother 3 is really good too

ah the days of creative content over glossy visuals. I miss limitations.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You can say that 85% of Wii games are 'bad' games (not really sure of that percentage), but the same could be said of the Play Station or the PS2. When a console becomes successful, everyone wants their game on that console - most of which will be bad.

And yes, SNES was an amazing system. There were so many epic and fun games on it to play. :D

Binx

Smash Master
Merry Christmas Bros and ...Brosette? There might be one girl who reads these haha.

Hope you all have an awesome time and I'll see you guys Wednesday.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Ben, you can come over and play tomorrow or tuesday.

I don't expect you to because it's so far, but my brother moved out so I do have a lot more room... plus my tv is legit.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Yo, i'm contemplating moving up around the portland area, anyone know someone who needs a roommmate? I'll be coming with a job working at a wal mart of course =p if I move up here I'ma come out of retirement fo sho

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I got fired from work - Dead serious. Somehow managed to get fired after an amazing review two weeks ago, and 3 years employment.

Melee all daylee - Pretty serious. I have mostly nothing better to do other than look for jobs, and go to band practice on tuesdays. Pretty down to play melee.

Pardeeeeee - I love to party. Dead serious.

Overall, post was definitely serious. However the level of sarcasm that may or may not have been injected into it when all of those things were put together and given my current frame of mind (at the time), may or may not be extremely high.

keeper

Smash Champion
The question of seriousness was about how you seem to be taking it as a positive thing, at least from my point of view.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
The question of seriousness was about how you seem to be taking it as a positive thing, at least from my point of view.
In that case. It is both postive and negative. I have been complaining about that place for the last 2 years. As long as I had that job though, I wasn't really motivated to get another. I am waiting to go back to school for a post-bach in fall, so I was probably just going to be stuck there until then. Generally everyday I am there I want to kill myself. There are lots of reasons why it really sucked working there, so to be gone feels really good. Now I also have motivation to find a new place of employment.

The negatve. No guaranteed pay check on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom