• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Best Combo Skills
Juce
Bird
Gage

Best Recovery
I never thought this should be a category XD

Most Mindgames
Gage
Juce
keeper

Highest Tech Skill
Juce
Bird
FoosJr

Best Edgeguards
Juce
Gage
FoosJr

Most Diverse Smasher
Gage
Juce
Cminh

Best In Teams
Gage
Juce
Foosjr

Most Clutch
Juce
Binx
keeper

Funniest Smasher
FoosJr
Yugo
keeper

Friendliest Smasher
Foosjr
Binx
Yugo

Most Improvement
****ard
Binx
TheCatPhysician

Binx

Smash Master
Gonna close voting on monday the 9th and tally everything up after my first day of class, this should give everyone time to vote who wants to.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
It's odd that I'm not getting voted at all for tech skill when I think I'm probably the most technically consistent person. Then I get voted for mindgames which I don't think I have any haha

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I don't know why everyone still thinks I'm a jiggs player haha. The few times I even play this game I play fox or falco. Besides doubles, I've played jigglypuff in a total of like 4 or 5 games in the last 3 months. I went almost all Fox at the Best Bouts that I won.

keeper

Smash Champion
It's odd that I'm not getting voted at all for tech skill when I think I'm probably the most technically consistent person. Then I get voted for mindgames which I don't think I have any haha
You are consistent, but I think it's people basing it more on flashy stuff which you really never do. I don't know about the mindgames part, I think people just want to vote for you.

Also, yeah, you do basically only play Fox/Falco now, but your name is Peach Masta and you were a Jiggs main for a long time. hah

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I haven't seen you play Fox/Falco very much, but from what I have seen it seems like players like Bird, ****ard, Juce, and Cmin are more technical.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Well I guess that category could be split into two then. Highest level and most consistent. Or it could be some sort of balance.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
When people think of 'most technical' they don't really think of a guy known for his years of playing Jigglypuff and Peach. They think Jesse.

keeper

Smash Champion
When people think of technical, they think of that Sheik that stickywalked against Silent Spectre in a really low key match over a year ago.
They also think of that same Sheik doing moonwalks and using chain while off-stage by accident and using dthrow->ftilt->fair.

>.>

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was thinking about my last post and didn't want it to be taken the wrong way. I think Gage is technical and awesome whatever character he uses - even his Marth is awesome though he told me he doesn't even play Marth.

What I wanted to say was that Jesse has been known for being a great technical player. He's impressed me with his Falcon and Fox for years and years and he's still doing it today.

@keeper
D-throw -> F-tilt -> F-air is pretty impressive. I don't know how I over-looked that. XD

debaser

Smash Lord
Best Combo Skills
Juce
Johnny
****ard

Trickiest baits/most deft at using unpredictable movements to disrupt their opponents' flow
Cmin
Juce
Ratking

Highest Tech Ceiling
Juce
**** Blizzard
Bird

Best application of practical tech skill
Gage
Cmin
Keeper

Best Edgeguards
Gage
Keeper
Cmin

Most Diverse Smasher
Johnny
Juce
Gage

Best In Teams
Gage
Foos
Juce

Most Clutch
Johnny
**** Gizzard
Foos

Most Improvement
the ****OMANCER
Mr Postman
***** M.D.

cmin

Smash Ace
Best Combo Skills

Juce
Bird
Binx
Best Recovery

Wad
Juce
Gage

Most Mindgames

Gage
Juce
Binx
Highest Tech Skill

Juce
****ard
Keeper
Best Edgeguards

Foos
keeper
binx
Most Diverse Smasher(Plays the most Characters)

Gage
binx
Juce
Best In Teams

Gage
Ratking
Jonny
Most Clutch (coming from behind for the win)

Binx
Jonny
Juce

Funniest Smasher

Binx
Debaser
Gage
Friendliest Smasher

Catphysician
Debaser
Foos
Most Improvement

Binx
Catphyician
Keeper
Most Intense Set, only one vote for this guys

Binx vs Iceman. lol​

Binx

Smash Master
lol at me vs iceman =D

Last stock was silly Sopo vs Marth both like a hit from death. Thank god for dthrow upsmash.

keeper

Smash Champion
lol at me vs iceman =D

Last stock was silly Sopo vs Marth both like a hit from death. Thank god for dthrow upsmash.
You avenged my first name by beating him. I now know I am the best Evan in the Northwest and this is how it shall stay. I watched the game on Youtube and saw you ended Game 1 with a classic "I air dodged off the stage lol" that I can be seen doing in an older video.

I'm rather pleased to see people putting me for edgeguards, considering I used to be terrible at them (and still personally think I am). I've been working on those a lot and it means a lot when ****'s been really grim for me personally lately.
It's cool seeing people think I'm technical too. Work on bots can pay off, haha.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah that's the whole point of these awards is to help keep people motivated and show recognition.

@ Minh come smash with me tomorrow at my new place, I have a TV that doesn't lag.

cmin

Smash Ace
Yeah that's the whole point of these awards is to help keep people motivated and show recognition.

@ Minh come smash with me tomorrow at my new place, I have a TV that doesn't lag.
ill text you tmr if i'm free. if anything it might be late after 8ish

debaser

Smash Lord
this is a good set of super smash brothers melee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y6X5mSTmtE
word. leffen's fox is really cool and seems to improve significantly with each passing tournament. calle w is a wild card and fun to watch

the motion blur on ajpanton's videos makes the game look way better somehow. gives it that "hd" look that's so popular with the kids these days.

debaser

Smash Lord
nice goal. you should try being more brazen off the ledge to take advantage of that pika recovery.

keeper

Smash Champion
this is a good set of super smash brothers melee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y6X5mSTmtE
Great set so far. I can't help but feel CalleW threw away the end of game 1 and all of game 2 though. That tech at the 8:58 mark is sick. Game 4 was another "=\" in the set.

I really like how CalleW plays his ground game, but off stage he does some awful things. Leffen is obviously good enough to play more safe and take advantage of those situations and strings together some nice combos and covers options well.

cmin

Smash Ace

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
For a Brawl compilation video, I actually think this one's pretty good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A
This is where I got the idea that maybe you can combo with nair's 1st hitbox in Melee (b/c it has that nice small tap that you need to tipper fair w/ to work otherwise). Although I'm sure now that it can't :p

Also, Gage, how do you get past Olimar? I played some good ones at Genesis 2, and they seriously make me never want to play Brawl lol. Then again, you don't really have to deal with annoying Olimar stuff in 2v2, right?

And I got a lot of good advice from Bladewise on Melee (mainly v. Peach), which was cool.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Snake or Wario I think. Lucario could still work, but it's such an annoying MU, and I hate losing aura so quickly.

Or do you mean Melee? If that's the case, I use Marth v. Peach.

btw, I loved Calle's pacing around and some of the stuff is pretty cool, reminds me a little of Cactuar's playstyle (as Marth)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I just realized on those videos you linked Gage, the quality's really good. Like they managed to make some of the videos look like they have motion blur lol, looks pretty cool.

Binx

Smash Master
For a Brawl compilation video, I actually think this one's pretty good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A
This is where I got the idea that maybe you can combo with nair's 1st hitbox in Melee (b/c it has that nice small tap that you need to tipper fair w/ to work otherwise). Although I'm sure now that it can't :p

Also, Gage, how do you get past Olimar? I played some good ones at Genesis 2, and they seriously make me never want to play Brawl lol. Then again, you don't really have to deal with annoying Olimar stuff in 2v2, right?

And I got a lot of good advice from Bladewise on Melee (mainly v. Peach), which was cool.
Yeah that was actually pretty cool, like melee combos in slow mo.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
whenever I play Olimar I just try and be aggressive as possible with any character. He's a ******** character though and I don't have a lot of experience against him. No one plays him in the NW

debaser

Smash Lord
first nair hit to grab. reverse up b?

I always thought it was like falcons nair. falcons first nair hit might have more priority though and a bit more hitstun though

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
whenever I play Olimar I just try and be aggressive as possible with any character. He's a ******** character though and I don't have a lot of experience against him. No one plays him in the NW
I know he isn't technically PNW, but Asa is sorta the person we have for Olimar around here, right? Yeah, I remember when I got a two-stock lead on him, and then through typical Olimar-style shenanigans, he beat me (it was friendlies, but still). It's like, top level Oli looks just as horrible and stupid as low-level Oli (pikmin throw, pivot grab, uair/beefy aerial punish/usmash oos for everything else), oh yeah, and whistle super-armor is really stupid.

Now onto more interesting stuff. So from what I've heard, Zerg are even worse in this new game? I saw they were making a more interesting detector type for Zerg, which is a relief to me since I hated overseers, is the Swarm host not that great or something?

Binx

Smash Master
So the new detector is an amazing unit, but it costs 200 gas, so you are forced to make one every game no matter what now to stop dts or banshees which will become even stronger and even more annoying.

Overseers right now are pretty good because they cost 50 gas and enable you to get some good scout timings in certain match ups, I really hope they don't cut the overseer and instead make the other units detector ability more interesting/different.

I'm wondering about the swarm host, it's either going to be amazing or terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom