• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Forgive me for being out of the loop Justin, but last I heard you were getting married.

Binx

Smash Master
Got divorced and have been with this one for a little over 3 years now. The bag looks way cooler in person.

Hey Boxey you should come to my house tonight around 7 and smash with me and Jayce, I live on 191st and Burnside. That offer goes out to any 1 or maybe 2 other people, I have two tvs that have some lag but im gonna try to buy a CRT today at goodwill, hopefully they have one.

Foos if you wanna come by tonight maybe you can bring that loaner, I'm not sure how parking would be, probably only a few scarce spots.

I have 1 gamecube and 2 wii's so we can get at least 2 setups going if someone brings melee and a memory card.

503 460 7374

Here are the addresses of Gresham Park and Rides Since I live like 6 feet from the 191st max station

E 181st Ave
18324 E Burnside St.
Gresham 97233

Cleveland Ave
1200 NE 8th Ave.
Gresham 97080

Gresham City Hall
1297 NW Eastman Pkwy.
Gresham 97080

Gresham Parking Garage
523-575 NE 8th St.
Gresham 97080

I recommend the top 1 as its only 10 blocks from my house, 1 max stop and after 7 there should be plenty of available parking.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
I totally don't feel like going. Buses from my house aren't really reliable anyways.

I'll see you guys tomorrow at best bout if anyone is going.

keeper

Smash Champion
Justin, cool bag! I like how you said GF, haha.
I had a GameFAQs once...
Kerrigan's Queen of Blades form has always bothered me. I want a shirt with the Zerg symbol though and I think the 'lisk units are super awesome. Gotta love Mutas and Hydras.

Also, Ratking, at least that gives you new opportunities and all that magical whimsy. Right?

Binx

Smash Master
I have a zerg shirt too, I have the red one, my brother just got the black one for christmas.

Hydras were ****ing awesome in BW but they suck in WoL T.T

Dont think the new expansion is gonna do anything for them either. Mutas are beyond beastly though.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
In hots lol just realized how poor my sentence structure was. Just woke up and posted that. Any way I'll save the sc2 talk for tomorrow at bestbout :)
Btw binx I just found out that I have a meeting 3 hours before bestbout today so I could possibly bring by that tv later and hang out for a bit.
:phone:

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I will be there. Not until probably 7ish. I wanna enter the ranbat, so if you guys are willing to wait as long as possible, it would be greatly appreciated. However, just start whenever you have to, if people gotta leave and ****. Or if someone can call me that has my number and let me know what's up, or when it is starting, maybe I can get in the bracket and make it for my match or something.

keeper

Smash Champion
I have a zerg shirt too, I have the red one, my brother just got the black one for christmas.

Hydras were ****ing awesome in BW but they suck in WoL T.T

Dont think the new expansion is gonna do anything for them either. Mutas are beyond beastly though.
Yeah, I know, but they still look and sound awesome.
The black shirt is better imo, even if red is my favorite color.

On the note of HotS, I was thinking about how awesome Raptorlings are going to be in the campaign and how much Swarm Hosts are actually going to probably suck in ZvZ. Also, **** Swarm Hosts and **** my trypophobia.
which is weird cause mutas were really good in bw too. I was expecting a buff on hydras and a nerf on mutas.
Arguably the other races are getting better options for dealing with Mutas (Tempest and Warhound) and Hydras are getting Muscular Augments back on Hive tech. Though I think the specification is that they move the same speed off creep as they do on creep, which is the speed of a zergling without metabolic boost.

I'm not going tonight, the weather is too ****ty for me to want to walk to my bus, wait downtown, then walk home from the bus at 10-11 pm. :x

Binx

Smash Master
From what I've played of the expansion toss is stupid overpowered and Zerg gets even worse relative to the other races. I don't know how they are going to balance it but we will see soon enough I suppose.

Mutas are still going to be a good option vs toss until they have 3+ tempests which will hopefully take a really long time and leave Zerg enough time to tech switch into something else useful while avoiding the tempests.

I don't think that the new warhound unit will be much better vs mutas than marines are currently but I am really afraid of how good hellion marauder attacks are likely to be with battle hellions.

The hive speed upgrade seems useless to me, I can't imagine dumping 50 gas into hydras late game, there are so many better options even if they can now keep up with the army and retreat, I imagine infestors will still outclass them lategame at everything still, and for the cost of 3 hydras I can get a broodlord that will take up less food and be way better in my composition.

I am super excited for the new ultralisk though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Deep game is deep.
I'm wondering if my old laptop could even handle Star Craft 2...

Binx

Smash Master
I had a newish laptop with 3g of ddr and an integrated graphics card, I could play it on the lowest settings but after 10 minutes or so armies got to be too large and I couldn't control my army anymore.

And yeah I know the balance and such will change, but I don't know how much they will change battle hellions and marauders lol, so it's still frightening.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, my laptop is pretty out-dated, but I do all my gaming on consoles anyway. Still, SC2 sounds like fun (a billion Koreans couldn't all be wrong). XD

Binx

Smash Master
First Ever Oregon Player Awards!

Everyone vote for your top 3 in each catagory, first vote gets 2 points, and second 2 get 1 point each, top 3 winners will have the result recorded in the PR list whether they are on the PR or not.

Please no voting for yourself =D
Best Combo Skills

Juce
Cmin
****ard(When he turns it up to 11)
Best Recovery

Gage
Foos
Wad

Most Mindgames

Gage
Juce
Gnomeosaurus (I play with him always and I never know what he is gonna do.)
Highest Tech Skill

Juce (what a ****ing beast mirite)
Cmin (Hella consistent)
****ard (Hella inconsistent but high ceiling)
Best Edgeguards

Gage
Cmin
Juce (please dont Falcon punch me twice in one game again)
Most Diverse Smasher(Plays the most Characters)

Gage
Foos
Allen(Shoutouts for playing Roy)
Best In Teams

Gage
Foos
Jonny
Most Clutch (coming from behind for the win)

Cmin (his last stocks are impossible, even though no one can take him that far down unless he wants them to)
Gage
Juce

Funniest Smasher

Foos
Gage
Gnomeosaurus (funny kid if only because of his weight, ♥s little brother)
Friendliest Smasher

Foos
Yugo
Gage
Most Improvement

****ard
Wad
Ratking (getting that 05' up to ****ing DATE!)
Most Intense Set, only one vote for this guys

Cmin vs ThePrime - Last game last stock, ended with a clutch edgeguard by ThePrime but you could feel the tension the entire match from beginning of game 1 to the end of game 3. Also had that Oregon vs Washington Rivalry, represent!.

keeper

Smash Champion
Yeah, my laptop is pretty out-dated, but I do all my gaming on consoles anyway. Still, SC2 sounds like fun (a billion Koreans couldn't all be wrong). XD
The lowest graphics settings make it look like Spore, which is amusing. My laptop is an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.2 GHz, the graphics are integrated at 128 MB of designated RAM, and my RAM is 2 GB DDR2. I'm saying this because this computer can barely do the first campaign mission and can't do much else. I'm also saying this because I can barely watch movies at 720p with this thing and I think that's sad but funny in its own little way.

Also, shoutouts for not being in any category. I play more characters than most people, but friendlies don't count I guess. Sheik 4 lyfe or something.
I think Postman should be put in friendliest category as a nominee.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about having a smashfest tonight if people are down. Either today or tomorrow but today works best for me. Let me know if you want to come I have 2 tvs and 1 set up so bring ****!! It will be in west linn

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
Address is 2528 lancaster st. west linn. For those of you who have been to my apartment its like right up the street lololol. Also at work right meow but should start around 5. Will post again if it changes. Have the entire house to myself so lots of room to game!!!!!!!!!!

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Best Combo Skills
Gage
Juce
Minh

Best Recovery
Gage
Juce
Ratking

Most Mindgames
Juce
Gage
Binx's little brother (can't remember his tag so it's now forever Binx's little brother)

Highest Tech Skill
Juce
****ard
Binx

Best Edgeguards
Gage
Juce
Binx

Gage
Juce
Binx

Best In Teams
Gage
Jonny
Juce

Juce
Gage
Jonny

Funniest Smasher
Yugo
Binx's Little Brother
Binx

Friendliest Smasher
Everyone is oregon smash is pretty friendly so it's gonna be close
Binx
Yugo
Gage

Most Improvement
Ratking (imo most improved by far)
****ard
Ryan

Most Intense Set, only one vote for this guys
I'm not too great at remembering matches so I'm just not gonna vote on this one.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Best Combo Skills
Juce
Gage
Bird

Best Recovery
Wad (Going with Wad cause it's too easy to default a Jiggs player)
Gage
Juce

Most Mindgames
Juce
Gage
keeper

Highest Tech Skill
Juce
****ard
Bird

Best Edgeguards
Juce
FoosJr
Postman (He is the only person that actually gets drop zones on me... ****er.)

Judging not on who plays the most, but how well they play the most characters.
Juce
Gage
Debaser

Best In Teams
Gage
Juce
Foosjr

Juce
Binx
keeper

Funniest Smasher
Yugo (does he even ****ing count?)
keeper
Juce

Friendliest Smasher
Foosjr
Juce
debaser

Most Improvement
****ard
TheCatPhysician
Wad

And I as well have nothing for the most memorable match. I really can only remember stuff that has been finals of only WA players... That really says something about us though haha.

keeper

Smash Champion
I don't know who to nominate mostly since a lot of things don't really seem to apply to experiences I can draw from playing people.

I don't know, I'll think about it.

keeper

Smash Champion
Really bummed this post didn't include you commenting on the funny I made in my nominations.
I considered it, but it would have felt a little forced (I think?). I'm not sure what you're referencing, at least I don't think I am. Was it that you put me in the "funny" section? That kind of confused me. If it's something else, I honestly missed it entirely.

It's cool that you don't hate me anymore, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom