• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser

Smash Lord
I think it would be effective if you addressed those in a panel and made sure not to get personal, but maturely bring up that you feel it was unfair that Melee was compromised for something like that, seeing as how both OSUs seemed to short change Brawl/Melee in one way or another, I think that more frequent communication between the two parties should succeed and make sure each event's needs are met and recognized before it happens in the first place.
probably true. meh. was fun either way.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
O.O no melee singles? I no longer feel bad about not coming to it
Well, you didn't get to play friendlies and hang out with all the awesome Corvallis Melee players.

Also, shoutouts to Eugene players(Kefka, Balloon, Debaser), you guys were all great to play with.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Its all in the past now, but I will be sure to bring it up. At least the Melee players got plenty of friendlies and didn't flip out about it. I'm sure the Brawl players would have raged pretty hard if they didn't get to play singles.
Yeah, I can certainly see them doing that. The melee community is used to not having tournaments by now to not care as much.

Also, there was an orange controller with a beat up control stick left over while we were cleaning out the venue. Is anyone missing a controller?

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to come to my place for some Melee this weekend?
yes! well...hopefully. saturday would be the day i could play if im not helping my dad. i will let you know for sure soon but i want to play

oh and keeper im 85% sure im going to be moving into the same apartment complex as you next month. new best friends?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Also, there was an orange controller with a beat up control stick left over while we were cleaning out the venue. Is anyone missing a controller?
I heard Brick was missing his controller and that it was Orange. My guess is it's his.

I'm sure the Brawl players would have raged pretty hard if they didn't get to play singles.
No, we would have just put together our own Singles and had a great time. If there was a Singles for Melee I would have loved to've played. Not sure my carpool would've been able to stick around for it though since the driver had to get back home.

keeper

Smash Champion
yes! well...hopefully. saturday would be the day i could play if im not helping my dad. i will let you know for sure soon but i want to play

oh and keeper im 85% sure im going to be moving into the same apartment complex as you next month. new best friends?
It'd be cooler if I wasn't moving out at the end of July. FFFFFFF

Also, **** My Little Pony.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
No, we would have just put together our own Singles and had a great time. If there was a Singles for Melee I would have loved to've played. Not sure my carpool would've been able to stick around for it though since the driver had to get back home.
That's fair. Btw it was really good playing Doubles with you and t0mmy. You guys are pretty dang good.

T0MMY

Smash Master
That's fair. Btw it was really good playing Doubles with you and t0mmy. You guys are pretty dang good.
Not bad for a couple rusty vets. It was weird playing Melee again... very nostalgic and like "oh yeah... we used to do this..." when it came to team combos.

I didn't wavedash or even L-cancel though, I'm such a scroob. :embarrass:

keeper

Smash Champion
lol, here here, worst bandwagon to exist. I'd rather have been hacked by a team who likes 60's spiderman over MLP any day.
60's Spider-Man brings many lolz.

Not bad for a couple rusty vets. It was weird playing Melee again... very nostalgic and like "oh yeah... we used to do this..." when it came to team combos.

I didn't wavedash or even L-cancel though, I'm such a scroob. :embarrass:
Token "No johns" here.

Binx

Smash Master
I still try to wavedash in brawl lol, I really don't like the feel of the game, I dunno, just could never get into it.

Any melee going on soonish?

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
so did you still want to play today surreal? if so what time were you thinking?

i can give people rides (keeper) if they are relatively close AND wont charge for gas!

keeper

Smash Champion
so did you still want to play today surreal? if so what time were you thinking?

i can give people rides (keeper) if they are relatively close AND wont charge for gas!
Sorry, I was doing stuff with my dad yesterday and got home at 10 pm after watching the Winterhawks lose. I should be free next saturday and/or sunday, I believe.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I was doing stuff with my dad yesterday and got home at 10 pm after watching the Winterhawks lose. I should be free next saturday and/or sunday, I believe.
lets play sometime during the week because im leaving for california thursday night and coming back sunday

keeper

Smash Champion
lets play sometime during the week because im leaving for california thursday night and coming back sunday
Well, I have school from 12:30 to 7:30 on Monday and Wednesday, but I have a midterm Wednesday that I need to study for and a lab write-up due on Thursday. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom