• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I watched a few of those, you guys better come to Civil War LAN 3. I can house you and it wont be freezing this time lol.

Edit: you would just have to pay for your own food this time.

keeper

Smash Champion
I watched a few of those, you guys better come to Civil War LAN 3. I can house you and it wont be freezing this time lol.

Edit: you would just have to pay for your own food this time.
How big is it going to be etc. If you could copy paste the info that'd be absolutely fantastic, dude.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
You guys should all see the thread in my signature. I have told some of you guys about it (Jeff and/or Evan I think) but I thought I'd share the stupid/fun things me, Saucy, Kaze, and Bonzai all do together.

keeper

Smash Champion
Are you not clicking the "Show your signature" thing? lol

I've done things like this, only with 12 stocks and I picked Bowser. That was with Kenzie (Grunt), Kendall (Vulcan), Felix, and Pwneroni.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
How big is it going to be etc. If you could copy paste the info that'd be absolutely fantastic, dude.
Pretty much all info is here:

http://oregonstate.edu/groups/osugaming/forums/viewforum.php?f=26

There is a registration link in a topic on that page. You have to register online if you are going to go.

Here is a direct Registration link:

http://www.tinyurl.com/cwl3reg

Alright so main details about the tournament.

-The LAN starts at 4pm on Friday April 29th and ends at 4pm on Sunday May 1st. During the entire LAN you can participate in any Console tournament that you want or play friendlies or whatever.

-The actual Melee and Brawl tournaments start at 2pm on Saturday, the exact order hasn't been decided yet.

-Console Registration(Console tournaments only) is $15.

-PC Registration(PC and Console tournaments and a seat at the PC tables) is $25.

-Prizing is found at the first link but the prizing for Melee and Brawl will likely be Best Buy gift cards. Additionally there will be raffles for many other prizes including a $1000 Alienware Laptop.

-There will be singles and doubles assuming we don't run out of time and we can probably run unofficial crews or low tiers or whatever we want to in the extra time.

-We need as many setups as we can get because we want to run the tournament as smoothly as possible.

-Not sure how many people there are going to be for Smash, I'm pretty sure about 8 Melee Smashers from Corvallis will be there. Overall head count for the entire LAN is going to be about 300 I think.

-Any other questions or anything I forgot just ask :)

Edit: I think I'll make a Thread on the tournament page soon.

keeper

Smash Champion
I'm incredibly disappointed the prize is gift cards. I honestly don't want a $50 Best Buy gift card and much rather just have money and a high-five. Is this taking the place of OSU 6?

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I'm incredibly disappointed the prize is gift cards. I honestly don't want a $50 Best Buy gift card and much rather just have money and a high-five. Is this taking the place of OSU 6?
The only other option was paying $10 venue fee and then regular prices for singles and doubles, which IMO is a horrible deal. Also smashers wouldn't have gotten food or drinks and it would have been one day only.

Tuen might run another tournament and might not.

keeper

Smash Champion
The only other option was paying $10 venue fee and then regular prices for singles and doubles, which IMO is a horrible deal. Also smashers wouldn't have gotten food or drinks and it would have been one day only.

Tuen might run another tournament and might not.
I don't know. You can throw money at an event, which they obviously are, but by using gift cards, they're trying to guarantee business. I honestly go out of my way to avoid shopping at Best Buy, I do not like the chain of stores. I can't blame you for any of it, and I'm not expecting you to take the blame or change it. However, I do not find it to be proper (I honestly use all my tournament winnings for bus money, which is only accepted in the form of $1 bills).

As far as Tuen, alright. I guess I should go scuff up stuff from AiB. I'll post possible information if I can, I suppose.
Edit: I see you took care of that and he's not posted anything since, given it's not even been a day.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Yeah you can enter Melee and Brawl Singles and Doubles, Halo Reach, CoD Blackops and SSFIV.
I honestly would prefer cash but I can find things to buy at Best Buy like games or accessories. I'm also playing for the enjoyment and competition more than just the prizes.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Don't be picky people. A tournament is a tournament. How often do you usually see the money you put in anyway?

Also, debaser, I will probably be in eugene on saturday morning since friday's my birthday and I'll be hanging out with my sister and her roommates. If you can go to this would you mind taking me back up?

keeper

Smash Champion
Don't be picky people. A tournament is a tournament. How often do you usually see the money you put in anyway?

Also, debaser, I will probably be in eugene on saturday morning since friday's my birthday and I'll be hanging out with my sister and her roommates. If you can go to this would you mind taking me back up?
I'm slowly increasing these odds. I really only care about money since I've been playing for a couple years and I'm finally starting to actually win sometimes.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I could play tomorrow.

Edit: Allen, do I need to pay for civil war lan online or can I pay when I get there?
I will get back to you on this, I need to ask Charles. I think as long as you register online you can pay at the door but I'm not 100% sure.

Message to everyone planning on attending: Bring a setup if possible. One of our main goals is to run the tournament very quickly and smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom