• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreal

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be taking 3 or 4 hours Fall term (Music theory/Sight Singing & Ear Training/ Piano 1 again/ possibly Chamber Choir), so my schedule may be a little packed. Those three classes besides choir go on for two more terms after fall as well so I'm gonna be busy all year. =\

Busy college schedule is busy.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
My buddy Mike takes chamber choir, so does the chick that did my dreads. Interesting to think you could know them both lolz. Yo, call me. 267-3817. I wanna talk about smash stuff, Scout may be joining us.

debaser

Smash Lord
Moving to Eugene in about 3 weeks, anyone still play there? I'm planning on doing my green-friendly smashfests. Terrible falcon, lots of taunts and pawnches. Come play. It's leet.
hahahahaha

I'm moving to portland in 3 weeks.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Aaron, I know both of them! (I assume the girl who did your dreads is the girl who has dreads herself).

I haven't really talked to either of them, but I know the two people you're talking about.

Also kk.

tuke

Smash Rookie
Eugene Brawler here, anyone up for friendlies? I get a smidge tired of playing with my friends.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Hey tuke, I'm not down there yet (though I was apartment browsing and such yesterday), but I will be come mid June. We'll have to play some. :D

tuke

Smash Rookie
Hey tuke, I'm not down there yet (though I was apartment browsing and such yesterday), but I will be come mid June. We'll have to play some. :D
Oh cool man, we'll definitely have to brawl once you get here then! I guess post here once you are in town?

You should talk to timmy and tommy on allisbrawl. They're in charge of the eugene brawl community.
I remember seeing those names (t1mmy and t0mmy if I recall correctly), but don't remember how I found them. Linky linky?

edit: Found 'em again, sent a private message via allisbrawl.

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Hey Tuke, do all of your friends play melee?

Are you in Eugene, Debaser? I'm kind of limited to places within Eugene for a little while longer.

tuke

Smash Rookie
Not all, just a couple of the nerdier ones do. Only 2 or 3 of those are decent, I would say. (I don't melee, I brawl - for what that is worth.)

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Been thinking about playing again for awhile, Melee that is. Does anyone in Oregon still play? Anything go on around Portland Melee wise anymore? Started playing with some friends recently for like the first time in 4 or 5 years. Strongly considering playing, but it seems really intimidating, people are way too good now.

Pondering breaking some really old, n00b habits before I even start (like jumping with X), but not sure. Anyone still playing though? Word.

Surreal

Smash Ace
We just had a mini smashfest today at Infinitora's place, and he lives on the edge of tigard/portland.

If you don't mind travelling to Sherwood, we can play sometime and maybe get some kids to come over.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Been thinking about playing again for awhile, Melee that is. Does anyone in Oregon still play? Anything go on around Portland Melee wise anymore? Started playing with some friends recently for like the first time in 4 or 5 years. Strongly considering playing, but it seems really intimidating, people are way too good now.

Pondering breaking some really old, n00b habits before I even start (like jumping with X), but not sure. Anyone still playing though? Word.
Whoa! o_O...

debaser

Smash Lord

yep. there are players around portland, in the west linn and sherwood area. I'm moving to wilsonville in a few weeks. if at least 6 people commit, there could be a melee tournament on June the 18th in portland. The last melee tournament at guardian games had close to 30 entrants.

sup brady :reverse:

keeper

Smash Champion

I remember hearing about you. Casey talked about how he used to play with you way back.
I wasn't aware jumping with X was a noob habit, even if I don't do it.

Debaser and Jeff (Surreal) pretty much covered the rest of your post.
Whoa! o_O...
I agree.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Does anyone have a carpool to genesis? my carpool got canceled so Im looking for an alternate

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Is anyone here driving to Antioche for GENESIS 2 for Brawl (or Melee)? I really want to make it but I wanted to see if anyone had room to pick me up and drop me back off from Eureka (or, where my grandparents live, Kneeland)... I'll be willing to help pay for gas/hotel to chip in and such. I really want to enter the Brawl tournament.

Just searching around for potential rides.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Now that I have two weeks of free time, I'm up for smash sometime.

Aaron was also saying he may want to play sometime this week before LOST 4.

debaser

Smash Lord
Is anyone here driving to Antioche for GENESIS 2 for Brawl (or Melee)? I really want to make it but I wanted to see if anyone had room to pick me up and drop me back off from Eureka (or, where my grandparents live, Kneeland)... I'll be willing to help pay for gas/hotel to chip in and such. I really want to enter the Brawl tournament.

Just searching around for potential rides.
Are you sure you're in Oregon?

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
He's asking if people coming down from oregon will pick him up along the way. Eureka is about fifty miles from the border on the california side. Actually it's probably more.

I don't think people would be opposed to the idea of picking you up, but that would require travel on highway 101, the beach highway, which is a lot slower than I-5, the valley highway. I would personally like to take the scenic route, but it's not guaranteed. Nobody's really mapped out any travel plans yet. Also, we've apparently only got one tentative melee carpool. There are two or three brawl carpools coming down from oregon, but they're already pretty booked. If you want to talk to the oregon brawl community about rides, you should go to allisbrawl, since that's where most of the oregon brawl community resides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom