• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
Finals week guys, and I'm moving back to portland so I've been way to busy, I check here for tourneys every week or so to see if someone posts them on this thread, if they dont post it here I dont see it. I would love to play some melee this summer =D

Also if anyone hasnt checked its confirmed they will make a smash brothers game for the Wii 2. They interviewed Sakurai at E3, he also said he will have a balance team this time instead of him doing it solo, which is good because he ****ed up brawl.

EDIT: There is a good chance that I am going to be reopening the gamers club at PSU since I plan on being there another 2 years, if so I am going to try and organize regular melee and brawl tourneys which will probably be consistent and separate events. Will be something like 2nd saturday of every month will be melee only tournament with brawl and SF4 friendlies on the side, every 4th saturday will be brawl only with melee and SF4 or whatever on the side. Then if enough people show up for the friendlies each time we can talk about adding more events or something. Will obviously change the dates if they conflict with gameclucks so we can get WA over here.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Corvallis as a whole has improved immensely. I don't want to leave now because if they improve as much next year as they did this year, I'm screwed. I already have uphill battles against allen and paul. I'm going to miss weekly smashfests and I'm not going to be a bike ride away from everyone now.

Surreal

Smash Ace
money's kinda tight right now, so gas is an issue. :/

I'll be smashing with yall more when I move back to portland area

also, sults?
1. Paul
2. Evan
3. Allen
4. Foos
5. Aaron/Me
6-9. idk the specifics, but it's Tyler, Phil, and two players named Dograk and Tasty.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Finals week guys, and I'm moving back to portland so I've been way to busy, I check here for tourneys every week or so to see if someone posts them on this thread, if they dont post it here I dont see it. I would love to play some melee this summer =D

Also if anyone hasnt checked its confirmed they will make a smash brothers game for the Wii 2. They interviewed Sakurai at E3, he also said he will have a balance team this time instead of him doing it solo, which is good because he ****ed up brawl.

EDIT: There is a good chance that I am going to be reopening the gamers club at PSU since I plan on being there another 2 years, if so I am going to try and organize regular melee and brawl tourneys which will probably be consistent and separate events. Will be something like 2nd saturday of every month will be melee only tournament with brawl and SF4 friendlies on the side, every 4th saturday will be brawl only with melee and SF4 or whatever on the side. Then if enough people show up for the friendlies each time we can talk about adding more events or something. Will obviously change the dates if they conflict with gameclucks so we can get WA over here.
Yes, reactivating the Gamer's club at PSU would be immensely helpful, I would do it myself but I'm not on campus often enough to be able to hold an effective position down imo. I'd love to host tournaments at PSU instead of Guardian Games (no offense to them), merely because we'd have way more room to have more setups and people, among other reasons.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
jeff, why would you go falco vs allen? that's a terrible idea, you should go pichu. Your pichu can 2 stock my sheik, so allen should be no problem =p

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
School is over for me now and I should have some time to come up to Portland (my bro lives there, so I should be able to stay with him) and, hopefully, participate in some tournaments. As with Binx, I check in here (or try to) about weekly, and if the tournaments aren't posted on here, I pretty much miss them...but I'll start checking the other forums more regularly, so I don't miss as much.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to make it up to either Corvallis or Portland for some tourneys and it's great to see all of these people who are still involved in Melee!

And just a question...Cactuarz...are you THE Cactuar?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
School is over for me now and I should have some time to come up to Portland (my bro lives there, so I should be able to stay with him) and, hopefully, participate in some tournaments. As with Binx, I check in here (or try to) about weekly, and if the tournaments aren't posted on here, I pretty much miss them...but I'll start checking the other forums more regularly, so I don't miss as much.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to make it up to either Corvallis or Portland for some tourneys and it's great to see all of these people who are still involved in Melee!

And just a question...Cactuarz...are you THE Cactuar?
Nope lol, I wish, I could do with some awesome top Marth advice :p

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Oh...well, I feel intelligent now. Also, I'm looking at putting together a tournament down here in Eugene...can anyone either give me some good advice, or direct me to somewhere I could get damn good advice on putting one together? I've never done anything of this sort before.

Surreal

Smash Ace
I just noticed that in the 10 person bracket for melee singles at lost, 6 of them got a bye first round. lmao what kind of bracket building is that?

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
>.> the easy way of doing it? better than that brawl tourney in eugene where everyone had a bye first round, and multiple byes fought each other round 2 >.<

also if there's a tourney in eugene i may show up, depends on the date

Binx

Smash Master
Bart still playing? man I miss all of you guys =D

Hey Phil I used to main Marth before ICs, and I play him in friendlies fairly often. If you live close to PSU like within 20 mins or so I can come by this summer and get you in shape.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Switch your main to Captain Falcon, he's freaking legit.

Edit: Vox, do you have a venue? That's the hardest part of putting together a tournament in my opinion.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I don't know if Bart is still playing for sure or not. He just doesn't like to travel anywhere. I'm sure he'd be more than down to go to a Eugene tournament though

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Venue...nope, not yet. I'll talk to my friend, see what he has in mind. I've a fair bit of space in my house, if I move some of the stuff, but I'm not sure if I could support and entire tourney here, and my parents might have a fit. Is there a typical sort of venue that's normally available or is it really just up to the individual and their contacts?

Peach, does Balloon have any other methods of contact? I'm afraid that I don't use AIM.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
He has a phone, but I don't have the number. I can get it for you eventually.

Churches and gaming centers are your best bet. Boys and Girls club is another good place

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
I don't know if we have a Boys and Girls club. Not even really sure what that it...and I'm not exactly religiously affiliated, but I'll ask around. If things are coming together in a timely and decent fashion, though, I'll let everyone here know where and when this thing is going down. The level of Smash that a majority of people may bring (myself included) will probably be pretty low, but hopefully we can get a bit of interest anyway.

Thanks for the info!

T.J.

Smash Apprentice
Yoo.
Anyone live near Vancouver that would be nice enough to pick me up to go to a tourny or something?
I planned on going to lost, and then best bout, but both times my family had car problems and I think that will keep happening all summer. =/

Surreal

Smash Ace
I'll ask my friend casey who lives in vancouver.

Also Jesse is back in Sherwood huzzah. He apparently moved back like a week ago and I didn't know lol. He's in this old house again. More melee smashfests yee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom