• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah guys, I forgot to tell you:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=111473
:(
I'm thinking about doing it on June 11th, I think I might make it Melee only because I really don't want to detract from NorCal's tournament like I did inadvertently with Ragnarok :p.
Just so there isn't a misunderstanding, this means LOST 4 won't be happening May 28th.

I'm still trying to find a good date, I've got a trip I leave at the end of June, and June GC is on the first week of June. I'm thinking June 11th but Surreal said that's when PCC finals are happening. How does everyones' final schedules look?

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
So not sure if this has been discussed at all yet but is anyone interested in Genesis 2? I am probably driving and more people in the car = less gas money.

disclaimer*** I'm not 100% sure I'm going yet, especially since it costs so much, but I am very interested

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Hello kids, potential smashfest at my house today near pcc sylvania... One 60 inch tv, there are two other usable tvs, but only one console here. Let me know if you're interested in dropping by and smashing with some terribles. Green-friendly house, be aware.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I want in. Can I pay you money?
We have all decided we want to do it but we're all really, really poor. If we can do it then you definitely have first choice in our car, which would then be Me + Eric + you and hopefully Jeremy. I'll definitely post back when it gets a little closer and I can plan money things. I'm already dumping $135 into the Portland Marathon since I just decided this last week I wanted to do it, so its going to be hard to find another $250ish for this :\

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I just want everyone to know that LOST4Life's tournament page is up on AiB right now:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12044
I'll be putting up the rules, and putting up the SWF page soon as well. It's on the 11th, I'll need to get setups squared away, knowing who's bringing what ASAP will help me get more of an idea of how to organize, plus allows more assurance for smooth tournament running :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey, so um, if people could leave posts of if they're bringing setups/TVs, that would be awesome (whether on here or AiB, idc either way)

keeper

Smash Champion
haha I still have two melee disks since someone has yet to claim it, so I can spot for whoever doesn't bring Melee w/ their GC lol
I'll take them. :glare:

Also, for those of you that don't go on AiB, I wrote a story about Viviff that I felt was in dire need of posting. :|

I saw Viviff in Cramer Hall on the second floor today. It was 12:15 pm, he had just walked out of the bathroom and was wearing a green U of O shirt. I could sense his greatness, even as he walked away from where I was sitting, it's not as though I was going to yell "VIVIFF" in a hall way and potentially confuse those around me, for they don't know his greatness yet. However, I took it upon myself to walk into the bathroom after the former sequence events, to see whether or not his body expels his greatness when he evacuates his system, or if it washes from his hands. After inspecting the facilities with my advanced nasal equipment, looking for an utterance of his dominance, I can say it does seep from within him, but the source that of which it comes from is infinite and never lets his levels below a certain point. This certain point can be known as "incognito," for when it is reached, it allows him to blend into regular society and exist as just a mere human as he recharges.

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I'm going to be at OSU this coming fall. My friend and I are looking to really get into the smash community but we've had trouble finding anyone we can train with who's more advanced than us, and quite frankly, we kind of suck. Hope there are still some smashers there we can work with and if anyone who lives in Eugene wants to play, hit me up, please!

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Corvallis is the most active melee scene in the state imo, although I'm only judging portland's scene on what I see here. Alien is in charge of smashfests for the most part, and he'll be there next year too. I'm sad to leave when a newbie is coming in, but that'll just keep it ballanced. If you're looking for brawl, which your avatar does not suggest, it's not that active. Only about three after a lot of people graduated last year.

Anyway, if you're in eugene, debaser lives there and he could drive you up to the smashfest this friday to get to know people.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Moving to Eugene in about 3 weeks, anyone still play there? I'm planning on doing my green-friendly smashfests. Terrible falcon, lots of taunts and pawnches. Come play. It's leet.

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
I'll be Eugene through the rest of the summer, pretty much, Infinitora.

And I'm definitely a melee player, not a Brawl player. I've played Brawl twice, and that was enough for me to know that I really prefer melee. Good to know that I'm moving to where the Smash is! Maybe you'll be able to make some guest appearances or something, indi.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
L.O.? We've got some nearby N. Oregon smashers there for Brawl (pretty decent scene too). None directly in LO iirc, but lots in nearby cities. Do you have an AiB account? It's easier to contact Brawl players there.

keeper

Smash Champion
Corvallis is the most active melee scene in the state imo, although I'm only judging portland's scene on what I see here.
No, Corvallis is definitely the most active melee area by far in OR right now.

L.O.? We've got some nearby N. Oregon smashers there for Brawl (pretty decent scene too). None directly in LO iirc, but lots in nearby cities. Do you have an AiB account? It's easier to contact Brawl players there.
Relative to LO you have West Linn, Oregon City, the Sellwood area of Beaverton, Lake Grove, and the outskirts of the Durham/Tualatin/Tigard Junction.

I don't know much about Brawl players near there. Beaverton is the Brawl heavy area.

Surreal

Smash Ace
So yeah. Someone should come to my house this weekend and play melee with me.
Still this, it's been ages since I've played.

Disregard studying for finals, play smash. <3

Moving to Eugene in about 3 weeks, anyone still play there? I'm planning on doing my green-friendly smashfests. Terrible falcon, lots of taunts and pawnches. Come play. It's leet.
I'm going to miss you. </3

You should come to my house this weekend! I'll be calling you too just to make sure we get something situated before you move.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Surreal, yesz, I'd love to. BTW, make sure you take Bob Ewing's Astronomy sequence in the fall...Awesome course. Pretend this is a facebook post. *likes own post*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom