• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New SBR - Another MK Legality Vote?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh, and if the stage has platforms, just go to them right away and don't come down until you're at 30%. Just drop grenades and C4 on them and light the stage ablaze. Praise Allah a bit while you're at it and make Falco take that 30% with you.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Oh, and if the stage has platforms, just go to them right away and don't come down until you're at 30%. Just drop grenades and C4 on them and light the stage ablaze. Praise Allah a bit while you're at it and make Falco take that 30% with you.
oh, i know about that, i just don't feel safe on platforms stages against falco cause most make camping falco hard, and fd if you let him laser you a little in middle cg problem is solved

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So i have a question

After Inui's encyclopedia post, why is thread even a debate any longer?

Metaknight obviously has a rival, and that is Snake. If you're discussing banning MK, shouldn't you be discussing banning Snake as well?

Or shouldn't we just call that ban discussion off and close this thread?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's because there are too many crybabies that can't fight Meta Knight.

I guess 25 frames isn't enough time to punish his d-smash? :confused:

Etc.

I like fighting Meta Knight way more than fighting Snake. Snake scares me a lot.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

Etc.

I like fighting Meta Knight way more than fighting Snake. Snake scares me a lot.
omg, i love fighting snake so much :), the fact that only 3 snakes ive fought ever know how to actually fight an experienced olimar is too awesome, lol, i love this discussion on mks banning especcially because its only the newer people to the community that want him banned with a passion and more experienced players prefer to just learn how to fight them(even though i still hate fighting them, but not bannable at all)

Here's something to brighten your moods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4sUrQAabY
too...epic...uh...wow...just...amazing...:051:

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I love fighting top tiers and high tiers XD

I hate fighting DKs and Bowsers

TheTantalus

Smash Hero

Etc.

well Rob can punish it, but with his own d-smash :( not really much of a punish

Meta is too hard for R.O.B., unless the meta is dumb, then i just stage spike them for being stupid. Or get them to kill themselves.

I've played Kornn/Plairnkk/Forte in tourney and they all wrecked me with Metaknight. I came down to last stock high % against Chillin's snake. I think that's the only Snake i've played in tourney X_X

melee video was epic, now bookmarked

I need more snake experience

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
People should really judge match ups for themselves instead of listening to what others tell them. Most of the match up ratios that get brought up aren't even relevant for 3/4th of the people who attend tournaments.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
R.O.B. does just as well as Marth, Donkey Kong, Dedede, etc. against Meta Knight. Just step it up, mah d00.
disagree on this, but it's all good, the matchup sucks, DK/Dedede aren't painfully scary to fight for me, neither is snake, but MK is disgusting

Marth is really tough too but beatable

No one wrecks me as bad as MK mains :( (Except Okin, friggin lucas)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Uh... The skill of those MK mains you're facing > yours. Add that to a probable 60/40 disadvantage, and you're quite screwed.

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't understand why this even needs to be voted on again.

If anything, one would think that purging the fluffier members would make the SBR even more efficient, but I guess that's one star you can't wish on.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Something tells me you never played against a top Snake before. :dizzy:

i live in the same area as eli and play mainly online, so, i doubt it, even though i have come close to beating ally, beaten fatal from gb and have beaten basically every good or great snake on all is brawl

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You see the problem here is that you think you have to go OOS in order to be good. What if Bum never went OOS? Would you think he'd have no chance? LOL.

I'm just curious as to how you're coming to these conclusions, they don't make any sense.... You've never even played me, you haven't played everyone in NY because not everyone goes OOS. Not everyone is known, not everyone is bad as a result of that.
This. I do not leave NY and I appear as often as a shiny Pokemon. I am still capable of doing decent in tournaments. The last tournament I went to I was 9th. I use Yoshi and Snake. I live far away from everyone else in this community. I want to go to a tourney in Brooklyn, Queens or Manhattan that has a MK to see if he is truly THAT hard to deal with. I'll stay neutral until then.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Lol, idk man. Last night I kept losing to PikaPika! and I've beaten him like the past 9 tournies since summer. I mean, they were just friendlies but still. Well, part of it is cuz I have a new controller and it's hard to break it in...I can't pivot anything, or if I try to turn really fast and tilt/grab, it's hard. I can't like, turn and do anything lol, or I end up rolling for some reason. *shrugs* Hopefully by the 31st I'll be all good though.
Get at me son.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
what i think is funny is that the hobo where mk was banned, the winning results were so diverse and interesting. hmmmmmmm

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
what i think is funny is that the hobo where mk was banned, the winning results were so diverse and interesting. hmmmmmmm
what i think is funny is that if we ban all of top tier, we would get even MORE diverse results.

yea. let's ban them all.

no really. i am not being sarcastic

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
brawl without mk would be better, but that's not enough of a reason to ban him yet. it has to be justified with results.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
you know what, everyone who wants mk banned should just create a topic saying so causing so many topics that this site will crash and force the sbr to ban mk or deal with more site crashing topics, just an idea to get mk banned banned faster than he already will be, and don't ban based off tourney results unless he wins every 50+ person tourney

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
you know what, everyone who wants mk banned should just create a topic saying so causing so many topics that this site will crash and force the sbr to ban mk or deal with more site crashing topics, just an idea to get mk banned banned faster than he already will be, and don't ban based off tourney results unless he wins every 50+ person tourney
Don't pay for your internet next month.

Smash your monitor.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Umm, MD/VA/NJ/NY is BY far the best region. Take a look at our top placings out here.

You guys are ridiculous. It's like you believe having a voice here will change something in your actual life where no one gives a **** you're alive.

Guess what, kittens, that pertains to all aspects of life. You're no ones. If you kids out in Michigan still think MK should be banned, I'll happily sit down and listen ONCE YOU CAN BEAT ****ING PIKACHU. And Jesus blood****ing Christ, howabout the kids in here from CA? Are you the same people said Snake was TOOOOO broken, when DSF beat your *** with him? What has change except the name you john about.

Step it up, or step it out. Garbage *** kids.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah, Sheik is broken.
>__>
And a new vote wouldn't get MK banned.

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
No additional vote needed. SBR already had an explanation behind the first one.

Top Bottom