• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Actually IIRC Ridley was peacefully sleeping in Norfair when the pirates attacked, he slaughtered them and then became theyr comander to have an excuse for killing the Chozo.
Um, that didn't really make sense...

Actually they both deserve to be in Brawl.

There can't be a war... not after I've drawn those two choices working together.

Awesome! :laugh:

I have now stopped not wanting Geno in Brawl because of that picture.

holey ****...i just made the whole stroy of ridley it took me bout one hour and my computer crashed.....
Were you typing it on MS Word or something? If so, you probably should've saved more often (I usually do that as a precaution in case a crash occurs).

Anyhow, sorry to hear that happened. I know how it feels to have an hour or so of hard work taken away by a stupid computer that decides to shut down on you...

With that, I bring up another useless question: Who will be the ever-unfortunate punching bags (Training dummies/characters at Lv. 1) you use whilst training with Ridley?
Why Zero Suit Samus of course! He'll totally **** her as a regular training session.

Now that I've noticed, Nintendo seems to avoid giving protagonists personalities. <.<;
Yeah. I kinda noticed that a long time ago... but at least the antagonists are given some personality by Ninty in return (Ganondorf, Bowser, Ridley, and what not. Of course, the original Bowser's personality in Super Mario Sunshine made me lol).

Now guys, it's almost 2 AM where I live and I really want some sleep. Night hons! ;)
Goodnight then.
It's only like 11:04 PM for me right now...

...AND WHY AREN'T THE QUOTE THINGS WORKING?!!!?!!!!!
Learn your HTML tags. :p

which would be this by the way. with the batman sticker removed of course.
Bah. I'd be fine with the Batman sticker remaining there, as he's always been my favorite comic book superhero.
Long live vengeance. Long live the dark knight. Long live Bruce Wayne!

But yeah. That is pretty cool looking nonetheless... and kind of silly too. :p

----

And in regards to Kokichi's post warning, we must now work and try harder more than ever to:

A. Keep this thread from going off topic.
B. Ignore the spammers that may try to ruin the thread (such as Platnum).
C. If you have a "chat" related thing to say to a user or a certain group, take it to PMs (that includes anything that has to do with club R.I.D.L.E.Y. ).

... since Kokichi said if this thread does get locked, another Ridley thread won't be allowed (therefore, you guys can forget about Grim's idea).

Aniway, on-topic, If the Ridley boss music is used in the Ridley stage...
It won't be. It was said/shown in one of the Norfair videos that the music used for that stage was the Super Metroid prelude/theme, not Ridley's theme.

Of course, going by this update...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music08.html

You could always have Ridley's theme be played in the Norfair stage if you want to.

or maybe sakurai is building us up to knock us down (which nintendo does alot of) by making Ridley a stage hazard or an AT...I hope not.
Wow. Platnum actually posted something on topic... there IS a God!

Nice... ironically enough, I don't think I saw that one before now. It's a pretty good render. :)

From everything I've gathered here:

Ridley 4 BRAWL!
Kraid 4 ASSIST TROPHY!
Mother Brain/Dark Samus/Kraid 4 BOSS!
Agreed, except for the part about Dark Samus being a boss, and I'd rather have Kraid as a stage eye-candy again like he was in one of Melee's stages.

I DeMaNd my space dragooon!
When I first saw your avi, I thought you were that Onyx user that I saw hangin' around before I registered here. :p

As for your post, it's clear that demanding to Sakurai won't get us anywhere. :ohwell:

well heres who i want in order of wanting the most:
1. Ridley
2. Krystal
3. Megaman
Well, aside from Ridley, since Diddy Kong's already been confirmed, just have Mewtwo return (and much more versatile than before), and I'll be a happy camper. :)

Since neither Colbus or Gypsy... or any other R.I.D.L.E.Y member from the first generation is here, i'm going to impose a rule for this thread.

Each time Spam breaks loose i will PM Kokichi and Report the spammer, NO exception. I whont let this thread die like the last one, wich is linked in my sig.

And remember i'm ALWAYS here. so if you spam i'll know.
Wow Shuma... If Kokichi hadn't of made that warning post of his, I'd crack up seeing you make a post like this (with you being the self-proclaimed 'king of spammers' and all).

But yeah. I agree with what you're doing, and I like how you redeemed yourself in such a short amount of time. :)

I'm sorry i need to fix this:
who i want the most:
1. ridley
2.ridley
3.those other characters i mentioned

should ridley have really detailed teeth
Like he does in Prime? :p

(I cut that out from a Meta-Ridley boss fight image obviously)

I agree. He's bound to use his fangs for some of his regular/melee attacks anyway, so...

caugh*hipo *caugh* crit*
Owned. :laugh:

I guess you really are smarter than you made yourself out to be before.

wow this is geting sad, i mean talking about ridleys teeth? you guys must be feeding of this thread to stay alive,m why else would you talk about teeth? i think think it should close before you start talking about ridleys eyes or tail or wings
Well, his wings are awesome, especially in the Prime games, so talking about them's exceptional. :laugh:

There will be another Ridley thread eventually even if this one does get closed.
Actually, Kokichi stated in his post that another Ridley thread will NOT be allowed if this one gets closed.

this is a theory? all these clouds are, are faces of fierce creatures to add to the suspense or just our imagination causeing us to see things! the number of cloud sprawl outs could have nothing to do with the characters! this is pushing it too far my freinds...too far.....
Not really. It's actually more plausible than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYGSU0i5Mk

master hand has never been playable, why start now?
Giga Bowser has never been playable. Why start now?

Oh, wait. He is...

----

Sorry for the double post by the way. Seems the awesomeness of my reply was too big to be contained in just 1 post.
Edit: Dang. Neveremind. Seems Raul made a post in between (which'll probably get overlooked anyway because of my 2 posts. xd).

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
the only plausible one was bowser, all the others formed figures, but that one was the best defined. But yes, unless sakurai on his update one day says "l...look at the clouds! is it.........Ridley?" the theory is debunked. anyone else notice sakurai's fascination with dots and stutters?

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Kraid ummm.....is WAY too big to be a character, and his boss form would have to be damaging his hands and head from behind.

On Topic: Ridley couldn't have Meta-Ridley as a costume; Meta-Ridley IS too big.

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
to ridley prime: giga bowser is playable, because bowser is playable :psycho:

now who i want as VETERAN characters returning:
1. Falco (my main)
2. Luigi (my second)
3. Mewtwo (F****** awesome)
4.Marth
5.Ganon
6. captain falcon

as for meta ridley: did we not already establish size not being a problem? just the style of meta ridley is needed

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kraid ummm.....is WAY too big to be a character, and his boss form would have to be damaging his hands and head from behind.
Technically, Kraid's only weakness is having concussive blasts fired at the inside of his mouth, so I have to disagree with the idea of having a Kraid boss fight where you damage his hands and head from behind.

On Topic: Ridley couldn't have Meta-Ridley as a costume; Meta-Ridley IS too big.
By having Meta Ridley as an alt costume, they basically mean Ridley (assuming he's playable) having the same COLORS and APPEARANCE as Meta Ridley, while retaining the SAME size.

And even if Meta Ridley was "too big" to have as an alt costume, there's also the option of Omega Ridley, who seems to be significantly smaller than Meta to some extent...

platnum

Smash Lord
YAY i got a compliment from the brain hurting text wall

i must be awsome

@raul are you being sarcastic?

on topic:meta ridley=boss

normal ridley=playable

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
gypsy,you do realize just how ironic you made yourself right? we are talking about ridley, which is all thats required. again, people drift off topic, it happens. This thread should not be drained of all fun, and i might have to apply Godwins law fairly soon if this keeps up.

now, on topic: Ridley's costume option could be pretty varied. he could have that metallic shine like bowser has, a black, blue, and red color swap, and a meta style. All of these things are quite possible.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
to ridley prime: giga bowser is playable, because bowser is playable :psycho:
And Zero Suit Samus is playable because Samus is playable. Your point?

now who i want as VETERAN characters returning:
1. Falco (my main)
2. Luigi (my second)
3. Mewtwo (F****** awesome)
4.Marth
5.Ganon
6. captain falcon
I support 3, 4, and 6, but am indifferent about 1, 2, and 5.

as for meta ridley: did we not already establish size not being a problem? just the style of meta ridley is needed
Yes. I already said that in my last post.

YAY i got a compliment from the brain hurting text wall

i must be awsome
:laugh:

on topic:meta ridley=boss

normal ridley=playable
Agreed. Of course, Omega Ridley could be a boss too.

I'm still active, Shuma. I'm always here.. watching... I just don't have a reason to reply to

SENSELESS SPAM!
Not everything in this thread is spam. Guess you're just overlooking the on-topic posts (which the one you just made isn't one of them by the way, and read Kokichi's warning post again before making a reply like that).

gypsy,you do realize just how ironic you made yourself right?
Heh. I smell a hypocrite...

now, on topic: Ridley's costume option could be pretty varied. he could have that metallic shine like bowser has, a black, blue, and red color swap, and a meta style. All of these things are quite possible.
Don't forget an Omega style. :cool:

Other than that, it's all good.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
gypsy,you do realize just how ironic you made yourself right? we are talking about ridley, which is all thats required. again, people drift off topic, it happens. This thread should not be drained of all fun, and i might have to apply Godwins law fairly soon if this keeps up.
Ohh, whoops. I was responding to something Shuma said, but I think I deleted the quote. Sorry. :S

And if you guys haven't noticed, me and Shuma don't get along to well. XD

platnum

Smash Lord
hey gypsy i sent a pm to colbusman asking if i could join club RIDLEY a while ago and he has yet to reply

WHY

Yaya

Smash Champion
Nooo... You guys get along great....

And how's the sig shop going?

It seems like your not making much progress.

On topic, I think Ridley could have a major role in SSE.

Perhaps he is the one who created the Primid?

Just a thought.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Ridley like kidnaps Peach or something

And you fly to the sky and then you have Boss fight Ridley with Peach
when you beat him you fall back down to earth

But that won't be the last time you see him

Just a thought :)

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
They make a character thread for him

and this PLACE GOES CRAZY!!!

Then i shove it all in the non believers faces

Yaya

Smash Champion
Then I will post the Ridley SSE Role? Thread in the Sub-Forum.

I call dibs.

I call double dibs.

Double dog dibs :p

Pengie

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a picture of Omega Ridley because I don't have Corruption and I'm curious to see what they have done to his appearence.

platnum

Smash Lord
anothere thought what if ridley gets deconfirmed. would the thread explode in anger and spam all the other threads and would ridley kill sakurai!?

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
WARNING:

SWF IS NOT AN AIM CHATROOM.
Thus, please do not treat it as one. That goes ESPECIALLY for this Ridley thread. If it continues to be a spamfest like it is now, where people are treating it like an AIM Chatroom, I will permanently close it, and no other Ridley threads will be allowed. The last one was closed because of this reason. You guys are indeed discussing Ridley, which is good, but far too often it just seems like a thread where your "R.I.D.E.L.Y. fanclub" can spam. If that's what you want to do, take it to a chatroom, not the forums.

Final. Warning.
read what he said again guys. seriously, this thread is going to get closed because of the idiotic direction that certain certain posters have taken it in. Ridley FTB!!! and faustus especially, you two need to get MSN or something because the crap you're talking about is so unnecessary. now i really like Ridley, would love to see him in brawl, and enjoy discussing his potential etc. and thats what this thread is for, not someones new sig, or some bull**** about some ridley party, or whatever else you've managed to say in the 12 pages that popped up in like, 5 hours. not every little thing needs to be replied to, so just ask yourself before you post if what your about to post is in some way meaningful. if not, DON'T POST FFS!

dynamic exit.

edit: oh yea, and im gonna start reporting people for spam or chatroom posts.

platnum

Smash Lord
read what he said again guys. seriously, this thread is going to get closed because of the idiotic direction that certain certain posters have taken it in. Ridley FTB!!! and faustus especially, you two need to get MSN or something because the crap you're talking about is so unnecessary. now i really like Ridley, would love to see him in brawl, and enjoy discussing his potential etc. and thats what this thread is for, not someones new sig, or some bull**** about some ridley party, or whatever else you've managed to say in the 12 pages that popped up in like, 5 hours. not every little thing needs to be replied to, so just ask yourself before you post if what your about to post is in some way meaningful. if not, DON'T POST FFS!

dynamic exit.

edit: oh yea, and im gonna start reporting people for spam or chatroom posts.
after that warning all of the posts have been on topic so that post was not needed and a ridley party IS on topic.you prick

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wow Shuma... If Kokichi hadn't of made that warning post of his, I'd crack up seeing you make a post like this (with you being the self-proclaimed 'king of spammers' and all).
Click the link in my sig, read the last pages, yeah. King of Spam baby. But we don't whant that to happen again do we?

I'm still active, Shuma. I'm always here.. watching... I just don't have a reason to reply to

SENSELESS SPAM!
Creepy. I guess.

Or... do we? dududuuuuuun.

hey gypsy i sent a pm to colbusman asking if i could join club RIDLEY a while ago and he has yet to reply

WHY
He's dead. that's why. car accident. Send the PM to Gypsy, he's the boss now.

Does anyone have a picture of Omega Ridley because I don't have Corruption and I'm curious to see what they have done to his appearence.

Ridley 4 Brawl.

I can make long posts too... uuuuuh[/ghost].

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah. I noticed alright. :p You 2 get along like brothers that are going through hard times >_>...

Well, here's a concept art of Omega Ridley (which is like the only one) if that's what you're lookin' for...

If not, there's always a video of the fight with him, such as this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFO0g0Jjl2Q

anothere thought what if ridley gets deconfirmed. would the thread explode in anger and spam all the other threads and would ridley kill sakurai!?
Probably, just like the Lyn fanboys/girls most likely already have. :p

after that warning all of the posts have been on topic so that post was not needed and a ridley party IS on topic.you prick
My sentiments exactly. -_-

If you wanna help the condition of this thread Dynamic, just talk about Ridley, rather than being a mini-mod.

Click the link in my sig, read the last pages, yeah. King of Spam baby. But we don't whant that to happen again do we?
Guess not. :p

*insert awesome Omega Ridley pic here*
Whoa! That's like the best Omega Ridley pic I've seen yet.

Are there any others like that of him? (from gamespot and what not)

I can make long posts too... uuuuuh[/ghost].
Um, yay? :p

Also, anyone seen this awesome Ridley tribute already? :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JSh1GlYII

is colbusman realy dead
Pretty much.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3232967&postcount=6370

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Are there any others like that of him? (from gamespot and what not)"

It's the only one i've seen, so i guess not.

edit:

about the ridley tribute... i don't really like the music, but i guess it's good.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Wow I've been gone for a day and there is like 15 new pages. All spam I presume? I think next week will be the week. It's been a long time since the last character so they MUST be building up to something (or someone) big right? RIGHT?!! Also now that they've announced his stage I think we will see him (no doubt he will be on the Norfair stage in some of his pics on the Dojo.

platnum

Smash Lord
Wow I've been gone for a day and there is like 15 new pages. All spam I presume? I think next week will be the week. It's been a long time since the last character so they MUST be building up to something (or someone) big right? RIGHT?!! Also now that they've announced his stage I think we will see him (no doubt he will be on the Norfair stage in some of his pics on the Dojo.
lots of spam (bye me) yes
all spam no

on topic:i think he wont get confirmed until after the realease

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ridley can use his awesome tail as whip, a pseudo pogo-stick, a stinger....thats not including his projectiles either. He can also carry someone ala D.K. only he can do that in the air. If he were to pick up a beam saber with his talons, he'd float on by then drop it right on someone's head. He could do the same thing with a bomb-omb & still use his tail along with his projectiles while carrying the item. 0_o

In addition to that, he could parry low-grade projectiles with his tail, like Sheik could with her whip.

When I played Super Metroid and fired crap loads of super missiles at Ridley, never once did I think about how he could turn up as a character in a fighting game.

I hope they have him do a barrel roll as a mid-air dodge. =o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom