• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
"Are there any others like that of him? (from gamespot and what not)"

It's the only one i've seen, so i guess not.
Oh. :( Well, alright then...

edit:

about the ridley tribute... i don't really like the music, but i guess it's good.
Meh. I guess the music could've been a little better, but I was okay with it.

Also now that they've announced his stage I think we will see him (no doubt he will be on the Norfair stage in some of his pics on the Dojo.
Heh. Now that would be perfect, for him to be shown on the Norfair stage on the day of his confirmation on the dojo.

Ridley can use his awesome tail as whip, a pseudo pogo-stick, a stinger....thats not including his projectiles either. He can also carry someone ala D.K. only he can do that in the air. If he were to pick up a beam saber with his talons, he'd float on by then drop it right on someone's head. He could do the same thing with a bomb-omb & still use his tail along with his projectiles while carrying the item. 0_o

In addition to that, he could parry low-grade projectiles with his tail, like Sheik could with her whip.
Use his tail as a stinger? Awesome. Never would've thought of that.
Nice ideas. :)

When I played Super Metroid and fired crap loads of super missiles at Ridley, never once did I think about how he could turn up as a character in a fighting game.
Heh. Same here. Of course, that was years ago when first playing against Ridley in Super Metroid (for me anyway)...

I hope they have him do a barrel roll as a mid-air dodge. =o)
xd Now wouldn't that be nice...

There is a Ridley-Mobile.
Lets see the Geno-Mobile.
I thought you hated Geno. 0_o

LOL touche good sir. But still why would Ridley need a car when he can fly?
Um, for style I guess? :p

Also cars don't work too good in space.
That's why he has his own space ship. *points to Zero Mission and the e-manga*

Reyairia

Smash Champion
LOL @ Geno mobile. :laugh:
Of course, Ridley may not need a car, but we do!!! :(

Also guys, what technically defines spam in this thread? Cause I'm looking over and not much really seems like spam.

And no, I'm not cool enough to join RIDLEY, cause I've only played Corruption so far. >___>;;
(Which shall be fixed eventually)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Yes. Definitely change that. I just finished Corruption, wow it was awesome. I can't wait for the next Metroid game. I must see Ridley in action again! Lol.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Yes. Definitely change that. I just finished Corruption, wow it was awesome. I can't wait for the next Metroid game. I must see Ridley in action again! Lol.
Yep. ^__^
Ridley + female protagonist = awesome game in my book.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley had some nice moves on the ground in that last fight as well, I was impressed more so than usual by his awesomeness.
Ah yeah.
The only thing that upset me was how he was on all fours during most of the battle. IMO, that makes him look like some domesticated animal, if he were bipedal though that makes him more "human" and thus more intelligent. Or I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Okay, new discussion! How much of Ridley's moveset is on all fours, and how much should he be standing up?

Wreked

Smash Lord
Ah yeah.
The only thing that upset me was how he was on all fours during most of the battle. IMO, that makes him look like some domesticated animal, if he were bipedal though that makes him more "human" and thus more intelligent. Or I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Okay, new discussion! How much of Ridley's moveset is on all fours, and how much should he be standing up?
I don't really know. I could see more bipedal moves like for bites and fireballs, but all fours for his downsmash.

Edit: Can everybody see my sig, i'm having problems with it.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridleys should use all 4 often.but his dash should be on all four but in should be 'clumpy'
Nyeh, I disagree. I think the less quadruped moves he uses, the better. He's been bipedal during most of the games if I've looked at enough screenshots? O_o

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Ridley should be in Brawl definetely. One of my top fav. newcomers :), with Dark samus.

I seriously think he's going to be in brawl as PC. He was on Sakurai's poll, and got many votes. He is Samus' Arch-enemy. He badass.

Everything you need!

And this thread=win.
Ridley is just too cool to miss out as a char. IMO ;D

Btw, can I join the Supporters? All hail Ridley!

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
well with a comment like that you are supporter already.as for the club,mabye once you become more familiar to the forum...but legolastom hasnt updated in some time(im still still a support now im a memeber of club R.I.D.L.E.Y but hasnt been updated)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I seriously think he's going to be in brawl as PC. He was on Sakurai's poll, and got many votes. He is Samus' Arch-enemy. He badass.
Where's people's faith? Ridley is in as PC and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
sorry for that bit of spam wasnt thinking(then again i never do)

One thing about ridley would he be shiny.remeber yoshi he was really shiney now look at him.should ridley be like his lighting in melee?
i think so
Shiny? Wait, what?

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
ok let us clarify the ridley mobile. it is not for ridley, it is for us club R.I.D.L.E.Y. members. Geno doesnt get a car, he gets strings, and a 60 dollar price tag at the **** flea market (seriously his game is still 60 dollars)

back on topic.

A shiny ridley? I noticed he looked much shinier in prime 1 then he did in prime 3, and I think Sakurai would use the more recent game with a character as a model, with the exception of zero mission samus, that seems to be purely out of variety.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
ok let us clarify the ridley mobile. it is not for ridley, it is for us club R.I.D.L.E.Y. members. Geno doesnt get a car, he gets strings, and a 60 dollar price tag at the **** flea market (seriously his game is still 60 dollars)
Isn't $60 expensive for a game?
Also, please don't start another feud with the Geno members. ^_^;;;;;;;;;

A shiny ridley? I noticed he looked much shinier in prime 1 then he did in prime 3, and I think Sakurai would use the more recent game with a character as a model, with the exception of zero mission samus, that seems to be purely out of variety.
Didn't he use the non-prime model for Samus?

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
as for the geno feud, i wasn't starting one, i'm just saying that the mario rpg is apparently rare enough to have a 60 dollar price tag, which is ridiculous. And yes, he did use the non-prime model, which is what I stated earlier. But looky there, zero mission came after Prime, thus more recent, and he wouldn't make it prime 3 samus, because there is no difference, unless he uses the phazon crazy samus, in which case fanboys would be pissed off. But I digress from samus, and put my focus back on ridley. I think he will use the ridley that has the most technical prowess, as all the games I have seen Ridley in, he looks like a marvel of design....except the first metroid.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I think he will use the ridley that has the most technical prowess, as all the games I have seen Ridley in, he looks like a marvel of design....except the first metroid.
Well, as I said again, I was disappointed in the quadrupedal portrayal of Ridley, so if Sakurai uses Omega Rids, I hope he at least changes him to be a biped.
The first Metroid Ridley wouldn't happen to be this one, would it?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
No, I think MP3 counts as the most technically savvy one, and that ridley model, while shiny, wasn't plastered with light like he was in the first prime.
-shrug-
Well, it is true that Ridley must be a ***** to draw, and I can't help but imagine the effort it must take to draw, 3D render and on top of that, animate him.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Next Metroid Game, we have to help the Ridley Model.

And I have a thought, maybe instead of Ridley fighting you at one part, it's sort of a freefall battle like in MP3, but instead, Ridley starts flying away, and you have to get enough hits in before he's out of sight, leaving you to your freefalling death. And if you get the shots in, he crashes down, you jump on him, then screw attack off the walls and land safely.

Ridley comes back later in the game.

Any thought on my idea?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Next Metroid Game, we have to help the Ridley Model.

And I have a thought, maybe instead of Ridley fighting you at one part, it's sort of a freefall battle like in MP3, but instead, Ridley starts flying away, and you have to get enough hits in before he's out of sight, leaving you to your freefalling death. And if you get the shots in, he crashes down, you jump on him, then screw attack off the walls and land safely.

Ridley comes back later in the game.

Any thought on my idea?
good idea.but it still follows the falling.they would changed it to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom