• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
i very much doubt master hands playability but he may become a stage hazard.he has his own stamina at the bottom of the screen but i doubt he will be playable.
i was joking about master hand (note the :laugh: )

an MH stage hazard would be cool so would a ridley one hmmmm...*bad thought*

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ok, I see what you mean, but, do you think nintendo would realy go this deep into detaling the clouds for this purpose? besides, these clouds, if these characters are right, only show characters we practicaly know are in. but then again it would prove the theory right...

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
maybe
mewtwo

or even
the master hand

or is it
someone we dont even suspect!?!?

but it is definatly one of these three, if the theory is true...
im not saying anything, i dont really believe the cloud theory all that much. I just recall being told that mewtwo, ganon, masterhand, bowser, and ridley were all in there, and the figure above the wing could be the mewtwo figure people notice. it is indeed next to ganon. the way the picture was circled later on focused on one section of the clouds, so i focused on that one point, which happened to highlight 3 big balls, each in the formation of mewtwo's tri fingered paw. that was an illusion by me now, im sure of it.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I think this "old theory" should be put into a hole, its past its time, and isnt worth trying to figure. plus clouds always play tricks with their shapes, look up in the sky some day and try to see which video game characters you see, you will see plenty.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sure you were. :laugh:
I was. Really. :skull:

I've always had a soft spot for dragons (turns out for a very special reason <.<), so I have a hard time.
Oh. I guess that's understandable too. :p

-reads a few pages back to catch up from sleeping-
<__< When did Sakurai mention or imply he hated Prime? Pics/quotes or gtfo.
Eh, I don't think Sakurai ever said that. It was probably just a delusion made by Gypsy in an attempt to discourage the Prime fans (or to prevent them from thinking that anything Prime-related will be in Brawl).

Cartoon versions of manga make good series look like ****.
So true, especially when they add a bunch of "filler" stuff in the anime/cartoon version...

Everyone!!!!!!!!! Stfu!!!!!!! To The R.i.d.l.e.y. Mobile!!!!

I'm not cool enough to join R.I.D.L.E.Y. :(
I think you are. :ohwell:

so i guess i'm ruled out.....I'm white :ohwell:
Since when did race matter for being part of an online club anyway?

*CRAPS RIDLEY*

Faustus, he's right. You have to become ONE with Ridley.
Fu-sion. Ha!

LOL I came up with the ultimate anti-Chuck Norris statement! READ MAH SIGZORZ!
You suck now. :crying:
:p

When Ridley gets confirmed I want a Golden Ridley :)
Hmm. Now that wouldn't be a bad idea. After all, there are some golden Space Pirates in the 2-Ds...

Maybe Meta-Ridley could be his Final Smash, a transformation and his attacks therein revolve around projectile style weaponry, along with a few melee moves.
Or... Omega Ridley :) (Meta's cool too of course).

Meta Ridley is just Ridley with metal :)
*metal armor.
And a multi-missile system, meson bomb launcher, badass looking wings, and what not.

He was... so easy to beat.
Seriously, he basically shows you his weak spot for you to hit him there when he stood up.
Meh. Omega probably seemed easy because of hyper mode, and the fact you had to use it against him in most of the battle. Hyper Mode in general made Samus' arsenal extremely unbalanced in MP3, and in the process, made pretty much all the bosses seem like a bunch of wimps compared to in the previous games...
Omega Ridley can still be kinda hard in Hyper Mode (the difficulty level), though.

Either way, in terms of coolness, I like Omega better than Meta. Phazite armor FTW!
Also, from the creature scan of Omega Ridley...

"Revived and regenerated through Phazon exposure, Omega Ridley has been energized to a new combat threat level. Target retains extremely durable, Phazon-enhanced armorskin, as well as protective armored plating. Scans indicate that a recent injury has not fully healed: expose and target wound to inflict damage. Target will act to protect this vulnerability: seek ways to stun the enemy and leave it open for deadly attacks."

Going by that, if the wound on his chest had gotten fully healed (before he entered the battle with Samus in the Pirate Homeworld leviathan core), he would've been unstoppable :chuckle: (and shooting in the mouth didn't hurt or damage Omega. Only stunned him for a little bit, so yeah. Samus would've posed no threat to him had his injury been fully healed).

----

Aside from all that though, something else just occurred to me. Sometime soon, they need to make a Metroid Metal remix of Omega Ridley's theme like they did for Ridley's music (from the original Metroid)...

This is Ridley's Metroid Metal remix theme (or part of it) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dij2DJKgI4

And Omega Ridley's theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfBg_PO_O5c

^^^ A remix to that would be awesome.

There's something deeply suspicious about him, that's a definite.
Suspicious?

He glitched for me, he did his charging move and I sort of, got off a shot, he tried to flinch and charge at once, and just speared into a wall and continued as though he was moving in that charge, but, didn't actually budge, so I just shot him to bits. Ah well.
You did? Heh. Omega Ridley's normally invincible (literally) after doing the "charge move glitch", as shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byf8GOtr1wo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYZwX_BTMw

Ridley + Super Metroid = Pwnadge > Ridley + Prime 3 = Spastic
I don't care if Ridley in MP3 was spastic. He was still awesome, and Omega's attacks were badass, especially the one where he fires those energy balls out of his hands. :)

I agree with you about the Super Metroid Ridley though, of course.

Also. NEW AVVY!
SSJ2 Gohan? Meh. Cell would've curbstomped him in the end (when they were both doing Super Kamehameha waves) were it not for Vegeta's interference. >_> Speaking of which, they need to have an avi of Perfect Cell if they don't already.

Easiest boss in the gane unfortunately...
Omega Ridley the easiest in the game? Far from it for me. :ohwell: I got more of a challenge out of him than I did with Rundas, Ghor, and what not. Helios was probably the easiest of them all for me.

Prime 1 = Super Metroid.

Prime 1 and Super Metroid > Fusion > Metroid 2 > Metroid > Prime 3 > Prime 2
I only agree with the first part of that equation.

Ah, Thanks for that.
Whoa! Nice Rundas sig.

Psh. Such a shame, I had this really cute Rids one in mind.

But my mom hates spending money on online sites. :(
Meh. That one there would've been better if it was a little taller, but without the black border on the top and bottom.
But still pretty good nonetheless. :)

Also, a friend of mine made a smiley/emoticon out of that pic of Ridley (from the e-manga) way back when :p :

As for me, I wouldn't spend money for just a small feature on a forum even if I was allowed to (which I don't know if I am or not).

What a stupid mother to have her child run around like that. I hate parents like those.
Now I'm glad I didn't click that link :p (though I was about to before I saw what you said there).

QUOTE=Reyairia;3250522]-shrug-
Maybe because I have a different sense of humor, but...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=URsqTsMfNqY[/QUOTE]
Epic win. :laugh:

holy crap i hope that little kid is ok, **** lol

I wonder how ridley will sound, super metroid crys or metroid prime? or a mix of both? i hope he doesnt sound like a chicken (fusion/zero mission)

zero mission (chicken)

Metroid prime (Badass and what I hope he sounds like in Brawl)

Super Metroid (somewhere inbewteen)
I really hope the sounds he makes in Brawl aren't like his Fusion or Zero Mission counterparts. They were just awful...
But yeah. His sounds in Metroid Prime were badass, and the cries he made in Super Metroid were kind of cute...

none of the above...RIDLEY X FTW!!!!!HE OWNS YO MAMA WOOT!!!WOOT!!!
I think you're just over-rating Ridley-X now -_-...

also the ridley theme for ridley x is the best ,the tempo bit is teh owners...
I agree that Ridley-X's theme was pretty good (with the tempo and what not), but to me, it was far from the best.

Also, Ridley-X's body had pink colored wings. FTL!

Of course he probably is milenia years old with the dragon thin and all that.
That's what I was thinkin'.

Also, it depends what source you ask about a dragon's lifespan. ^_^; I think the technical age is 300-500.
Yeah. That sounds about right...

also what would happen if they showed ridleys whole stroy in the next metroid game?
People would probably like and understand him as a character a lot more than they did before.

Hm, what would Ridley's past be?

I've always imagined his species was killed off by the Galactic Federation hence why he joined or was adopted by the Space Pirates, he is supposed to be the last of his species after all.
Exactly what I was thinking. That may be part of why Ridley joined (and became a commander/leader of) the Space Pirates, since they're enemies of the GF.

Also, it seems what you said there was even mentioned on Ridley's article in wikitroid (basically a Metroid version of wikipedia as the name implies).

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom