• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxxehRoxxeh

Smash Journeyman
In the R.I.D.L.E.Y. Sniper Lookout, Sniping Ridley
We've been trolled quite a bit in our thread days, maybe we just had to blow off some steam.

We have been extremely loyal to Ridley, and to have our thread closed, that's as big a blow as Ridley being de-confirmed.

So dear Scav, I believe I speak for all of R.I.D.L.E.Y. when I say.

OH GOD PLEASE DON'T CLOSE THIS!!!!! :( :( :(

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
What a fantastic way to talk about the excitement for a character.

Step 1: Make a topic about a possible character
Step 2: Respond like immature children to troublemakers and naysayers
Step 3: Make complete idiots of yourself.

I've half a mind to close all the topics involved, ban a few "key players," and force everyone to start over. This thread hasn't contributed anything worthwhile in several pages, and in fact has contributed only vitriol and negativity to the boards. If anyone wants to say their piece, or explain to me why this should remain open, now's your chance.

And FDW: Start thinking before you post.
Scav:

This wasn't my intent, and I've tried to be the most civil here.

If you have been reading the last posts, I've been making an effort to try and have everyone in here stop bothering alpha noob. Defending our opinion is one thing, but going somewhere else to bother someone is a different matter. That's not right, and I want you to know that I never wanted anybody to go there and do that.

I'll admit though, did I want him to come in here and start things? Maybe, only to defend myself. Looking back, it wasn't right either.

To everyone in here: Please stop bothering alpha noob. We've caused enough trouble, and there's no reason to cause anymore. If he takes what I said to heart, he'll leave us alone, provided we leave him alone, which seemed to be the case anyway. Let's just support our character in this thread, and stay here. I don't want to see anybody else get in trouble.

Scav; if you need to ban anyone, give warnings, or anything, I'd like to take the bullet here. I think their actions were based upon wanting to see what I'd do, and for that, I don't think that's right. If you need to issue warnings to the others, I understand, but I don't think they should take the brunt of the blow.

I'd like to apologize for the actions that have taken place today. If there's any reason this thread should stay open, it's because there is a lot of support for Ridley being in brawl on SWF, and I have yet to see any other thread on the board in support of him. For that, I would like to request that the thread stays, provided everyone in here can stay on topic, and act in a mature manner.

Again, I'd like to apologize. If you need to discuss anything with me further, please feel free to PM me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What a fantastic way to talk about the excitement for a character.

Step 1: Make a topic about a possible character
Step 2: Respond like immature children to troublemakers and naysayers
Step 3: Make complete idiots of yourself.

I've half a mind to close all the topics involved, ban a few "key players," and force everyone to start over. This thread hasn't contributed anything worthwhile in several pages, and in fact has contributed only vitriol and negativity to the boards. If anyone wants to say their piece, or explain to me why this should remain open, now's your chance.

And FDW: Start thinking before you post.
You wouldn't close it... we get out occasional few pages or *ahem* spam when a anti Ridley thread is open or the most detested enemy of R.I.D.L.E.Y. starts talking off topic about Ridley in another thread... but the spam has been considerably lower and things don't get buried anymore...

If thats how you want to reward us for improving an old thread and cutting back on 70% (Tru fax!) of the spam then by all means do it but um... er... thats not good.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Awww man. ODIN, don't take the blame, dude. Heck, I'll take the fall before Odin. I'm one point from being banned anyway.
No Gypsy, this was my fault as much as anyone else's, if not more. I more or less contributed to the "egging on" of the opposing party, and fed into it without thinking, playing along.

I'm sorry it had to come to this.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why this should Stay open? 'cause it is a support topic for a higly liked character with an enourmous fanbase, and it would be incredibly stupid to lock a thread just because of some n00bs and flamers in here.

Also, no offence, but do your "job", i've reported every single troll that has come to this thread, and sometimes it takes hours to have a response from a mod/admin.

Look, if i had mod powers this thread and this sub forum would be much more clean, but since i don't, i rely on you mods, by reporting trolls and flamers, but still, you mods simply don't care. Now, the old Ridley thread was locked, we where told to begin anew and keep this topic clean, we've tried but since we can't warn the trolls posting flamebaits, it quicly becomes a flame war. You need more moderators, not less threads.

Also, we're working in updating the first post, it has been updated more than 10 times now, unlike the other Char's support threads, and i don't see you warning people over there, or here for that mather. This thread has too many active posters, closing it whont help, since someone will just create another Ridley thread and eventually end like this one and the last one.

Like i sayd, you need more mods, not less threads.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
No Gypsy, this was my fault as much as anyone else's, if not more. I more or less contributed to the "egging on" of the opposing party, and fed into it without thinking, playing along.

I'm sorry it had to come to this.
I can't stand to see you getting banned. You're an awesome guy, please, I should be the one getting banned, not Gypsy or you. It's mostly (like 80 or 90%) my fault, I already have 2 points. I know that's not alot, but still..

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Guys, please don't make this situation worse. Let's wait for Scav to come back, and go from there.

In defense of the mods, they have a lot to do, and they have things to do outside of SWF too; Some work, go to school. They can't get everything, every time.

Please, everyone just please be patient.

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's not your fault Odin, if someone is an excelent example of a poster it's you.

This Subforum is not working properly. We are part of the problem for flaming people, yes. But It's also the fault of the moderators to not do their work and ban the trolls posting Flamebaits.

Edit:

About the Mods, Odin, yes, that why i sayd they need more. Although it IS true that they're not doing theyr so called job. It's not my fault, i'm just saying the truth.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I can't stand to see you getting banned. You're an awesome guy, please, I should be the one getting banned, not Gypsy or you. It's mostly (like 80 or 90%) my fault, I already have 2 points. I know that's not alot, but still..
*Applauds speech for ODIN*

I-I-I'll stop man, that speech was b-b-beautiful! *Breaks into tears*
It's not your fault Odin, if someone is an excelent example of a poster it's you.

This Subforum is not working properly. We are part of the problem for flaming people, yes. But It's also the fault of the moderators to not do their work and ban the trolls posting Flamebaits.
More support than I ever could've expected. Thank you. From the bottom of my cold, King of Evil heart. ;) I'm kidding. But seriously, thank you.

Maybe the subforum system isn't working properly. But discussing it here, given the situation, isn't the place to do it.

Let's just wait and figure out what's going to happen. Okay guys? :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, since mods have a life, lets try and jeep this thread clean while they can't. I agree that we shouldn't spam other threads about RIDLEY, but ODIN has done nothing wrong and should not take the "bullet". have a nice dinner, ODIN.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Odin, I'm satisfied. These have been some mature responses, and I do know that our response time has been subpar. It's especially difficult to determine an appropriate reaction when both sides are committing offenses, and escalating it out of control.

Please behave, and I'll work on getting some more staff back here.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
To be honest. Being a mod is hard work.
I've tried modding a board once and man was it hard.
So to me these guys are doing the best they could, but a few more mods wouldn't hurt.

Oh and I believe that no one should be banned.
Just as long as everyone behaves.

Oh and Gypsy....... you have ballz man. lol

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ah, I'm glad that we've been given a deeper look. I know these guys can make some real intelligent posts. But its just that I suppose if they are going to be talking to an illiterate scrub that knows nothing and refuses to believe even the most backed up and cemented reasons. Theres no need to be like that and use the same scrub language that they use.

Though its still hard to find things to talk about Ridley, this is the second thread after all. A lot has been discussed and reviewed.

-Onyx

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, i've just read what Scav said, and i agree with the spam part.

guys, settle down on the spam. this is why i don't post here as much anymore, the spam has gotten ridiculous. if it was all about Ridley, i'd probably post more, but it's not fun with the spam

Odin, you just get more badass everyday. Bravo on setting a good example.

As the co-founder of our club, I urge you to set an example to all the Smashboards members, to try as hard as you can not to post spam, and keep arguments dignified and not have flame wars spreading everywhere. Do it for our purple dragon dude.

Ridley for Brawl

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
As the co-founder of our club, I urge you to set an example to all the Smashboards members, to try as hard as you can not to post spam, and keep arguments dignified and not have flame wars spreading everywhere. Do it for our purple dragon dude.

Ridley for Brawl
*cough*

As the otherk co founder of Club RIDLEY, I strongly urge you guys to pwn noobs as often as you can. I support the flaming and-

Nah, I'm just kidding. Srsly though Colb, stop acting like you're better than everyone else, it's starting to get annoying. No offense.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
-.- colbus was making good points, he isn't pretending to be better than anyone, IMO. Gypsy why are you always trying to start sh*t?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Odin, I'm satisfied. These have been some mature responses, and I do know that our response time has been subpar. It's especially difficult to determine an appropriate reaction when both sides are committing offenses, and escalating it out of control.

Please behave, and I'll work on getting some more staff back here.
I'm glad we were able to come to a successful conclusion, without any more mishaps. I'll do my absolute best to keep the peace. I'm glad to hear that you're going to consider getting more help in the threads. Best of luck.

yeah, i've just read what Scav said, and i agree with the spam part.

guys, settle down on the spam. this is why i don't post here as much anymore, the spam has gotten ridiculous. if it was all about Ridley, i'd probably post more, but it's not fun with the spam

Odin, you just get more badass everyday. Bravo on setting a good example.

Ridley for Brawl
Thanks Colbus.The support I've gotten today means a lot. I'd really like to set an example, not just for R.I.D.L.E.Y., but I'd really like the internet to be a place where we can just discuss, and not bash on other peoples ideas. :cue star spangled banner: I promise to try and keep the peace here. I'm no different than any of you; I'm a gamer. A gamer, who likes to openly discuss ideas, and share ideas with my fellow gamers. And if anything, I'd like to see this thread become the start of something more on SWF. Let's not just do it for Ridley. Let's do it for the internet.

Ridley for Brawl. :salutes:

*cough*

As the otherk co founder of Club RIDLEY, I strongly urge you guys to pwn noobs as often as you can. I support the flaming and-

Nah, I'm just kidding. Srsly though Colb, stop acting like you're better than everyone else, it's starting to get annoying. No offense.

-.- colbus was making good points, he isn't pretending to be better than anyone, IMO. Gypsy why are you always trying to start sh*t?
Come on guys, I don't think Colbus is trying to be 'better' than anyone (and neither am I. I don't want anyone to think that after the little speech I just made. ;) ). I don't want to see anything happen between us. We've been through a lot today, I'd like to see us start on a fresh page, so to speak. :) Come on now. Why are we here? Because we like Smash Bros, we support Ridley for Brawl, and we enjoy talking with one another. :)
Come on guys. ^ ^ Let's be cool.

Guys; I'd like to offer my idea as a potential stage for Metroid. Since my idea all day has been, "A metroid lab", I'll see if I can get some images to express my idea.

Ridley for Brawl.

Let's do this right this time guys. :)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
:cue star spangled banner: I promise to try and keep the peace here. I'm no different than any of you; I'm a gamer. A gamer, who likes to openly discuss ideas, and share ideas with my fellow gamers. And if anything, I'd like to see this thread become the start of something more on SWF. Let's not just do it for Ridley. Let's do it for the internet.

Ridley for Brawl. :salutes:
:salutes back: you're an inspiration to us all

alright, so let's get things back on track. Ridley...he's a cool thing, with the flying and plasma beams and all. he should DEFINETELY be in brawl, cause of his unique traits as a fighter and everything

ridley for brawl

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
:salutes back: you're an inspiration to us all

alright, so let's get things back on track. Ridley...he's a cool thing, with the flying and plasma beams and all. he should DEFINETELY be in brawl, cause of his unique traits as a fighter and everything

ridley for brawl
I think tomorrow, I'll try my hand at a Ridley moveset. I'll also start brainstorming on some stage ideas. Playing MP3:Corruption has gotten my brain thinking. ;)

If I can this weekend, I'll see if I can get some Ridley color edits up. :)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ridley is so awesome.
Thats what this thread is all about.

So.. we have a bunch of ship stages, some of platforms flying around.. So we can't have one of Ridley's ship if he has one.. which I think he does.

So.. the stages in the first post seems plausible.. We need more variety though.

-Onyx

Nelo_Angelo_Wesker

Smash Cadet
Well now with the Ice Climbers announced that finally ends that rumor from way back that during a radio interview Sakurai said IC and G&W weren't returning but newcomers would include WW Link, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. Regardless, Ridley will still make the cut or else Sakurai will pay dearly.

Ridley for Brawl!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well now with the Ice Climbers announced that finally ends that rumor from way back that during a radio interview Sakurai said IC and G&W weren't returning but newcomers would include WW Link, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. Regardless, Ridley will still make the cut or else Sakurai will pay dearly.

Ridley for Brawl!
Ridley is the only character I *really* want in Brawl. He better be in as a playable character or else. n_n

LemonManX

Smash Lord
He must be. He is Ridley, made of pure awesome. Especially considering his part that he plays in the Metroid games. I mean he's only missed two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom