• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well you and Gypsy will get along then...

Yhea i hope Mother brain or Kraid will be the Metroid boss...

I think it will be Kraid...

Anyways will Ridley have a Meta Knight type glide!!!???

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You talking to me? im certainly no human... but thats for another time.

Anyways Gypsy is working on some banners ATM and they should be going onto the 1st page soon enough!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Awesome, Ridley banners would be super smexy.

I reckon Meta-Ridley, Kraid and/or Mother Brain could be bosses, but so long as we get playable Ridley goodness I'm not fussed xD

Especially since DK now has two seperate characters, Metroid should also have two seperate characters (I wouldn't count Zamus, seems she is part of Samus)... SO GIVE US RIDLEY!!

Caael

Smash Lord
The word is "vagrant" *******. And I never HAD to change anything. It is the exact same account just with the name changed. And that's because someone else already has the name "Vagrant" so I was stuck using "vagrantwade." Could you act anymore like a little kid? I don't even remember who you are but apparently you whine long enough to remember me from something.

And I have seen Petey Pirahna in more games than Ridley.
Lets count, and i'll leave all the sports games out, because they aren't anything to do with the actual games, and they hold no merit to his appearance in Brawl.

Petey
Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Galaxies
Super Princess Peach

That's it really. He made his debut in Sunshine, so he hasn't been in many games since then.

[Ridley]
Metroid
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime: Corruption.

That's almost twice as many games as petey. And he's always one of the last bosses, is Ridley. Petey is just a filler.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The awesomeness of Ridley is simply inexplicable. If he isn't a PC, then the end of civilization as we know it will begin.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
it's kinda obvious why Ridley appeared in more canon games than Petey. I mean he did appear why before Petey and was the official boss on the Metroid series.. so you'd think Ridley would be in more games than him. Petey has been in almost every mario canon game as of late. so he does get some kinda credit. then if u count all the sports ones he's been in it pretty much is just as much as Ridley. Sports games are still appearences canon or not. playable appearences at that.and he isnt a filler in those games. my point

I dont like Petey at all. but he's been in just as much if not more games than Ridley. appearing and actually being playable Ridley cant even say that. and now with the announcement of the whole boss thing Ridley's chances, hate to say it arent that high anymore. I saw him as being 100% playble but I cant say that now. of course a Metriod could rep the metroid boss battle but i doubt it. with the music and just everything else I'm slightly starting to believe he will not be playble. which would be a shame really but hey.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
You all be optimistic now, ye hear? :chuckle:

Bosses will be awesome as long as Ridley isn't one - How pissed will some of you be, to see Ridley get his *** kicked by Kirby and co. (I picked Kirby cos he's a fluffball - I still like him :laugh:)

Anyway the main point of my post - Bosses will be cool, opens the door for Kraid and company; although we arguably already had AT's.

Crocomire for Brawl!

Dave

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
We have to keep faith! Ridley will be playable and not a boss. Keep faith and it will happen!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Petey has had more appearances than ALL fire emblem characters... and ALL retro ones... he has had more than Snake as well.

It really doesn't matter how many (To a degree) how many appearances a character has had it more has to do with their role in the franchise.

A boss and filler character = Petey

Major part of heroes history present and likely future, reoccurring almost final boss and 2nd most important Metroid character that fits all the criteria for a character Sakurai wants in Brawl = Ridley

It IS an insult to compare Ridley to Petey.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Major part of heroes history present and likely future, reoccurring almost final boss and 2nd most important Metroid character that fits all the criteria for a character Sakurai wants in Brawl = Ridley

It IS an insult to compare Ridley to Petey.
I concur with your statement about Ridley being what Sakurai's criteria involves.

And to further extend, not only is it an insult to compare Ridley to Petey, but I think there should be some sort of law made against it. That's how bad it is to compare a super amazing character in Ridley, to a lame filler character in Petey.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Pretty soon Petey will have had more appearances than Mario. He's a boss in every game now. I bet he's a boss in Halo 3.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Nope, he's like the third to last. He did beat out the Pirate Commander though. (There are pictures of him too, but they are so blurry, and he's so small, that it's hard to distinguish anything.)

The real Final Boss is a evil Aurora Unit that absorbed Dark Samus. ;O

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Ridley could be confirmed Monday since that's the release date of MP3. Still, you have to consider the fact that Monday is just the North Armerican release date.

I kind of think Ridley will be a hidden character and most likely won't be confirmed until after all of the starting characters have been confirmed.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
wow pieman, interesting stuff. now you're gonna make me skip homework and play prime 3 when it comes out (not that it's a bad thing...right?)

**** them! Is it possible to liek...skip the weekend, so Ridley can be confirmed already?
i wish, then i can skip work and go right to playing prime 3

ridley for brawl

Cenedar

Smash Ace
****, so much is happening at once! I just came back to smashboards today and saw that the old ridley thread got closed and this one already has 40 pages on it... lotsa reading.

The boss update made me kinda nervous at first too. But Ridley is by no means comparable to Petey Pirahna, and anyone who thinks so obviously hasn't played any games with them, IMHO.

I go back to college on Sunday, here's hoping I'll be able to pick up Prime 3 at Keene.

Ridley for Brawl

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
the only thing that makes me think Ridley will get in is the fact that he's a reaccuring villian in the Metroid series. we've seen it with Bowser of the mario series. and with Ganondorf of the zelda Series. and they both made their debut in melee.

I dunno, I'm really getting the feeling he wont be playable. and the Ridley fight music doesnt help. and not because it says Ridley boss battle (hey that would even be to obvious for some people to believe but you know how some people love the word denial.). I dont think Ridley's gonna get his own stage with that song playing in the background. I think it will be during his boss battle in adventure mode. that's the only other way I can imagine it. I cant see people playing multiplayer then saying "hey lets pick Ridley,play on Ridley's stage which happens to have that music playing in the background.. nope dont see it.

I know it's uncharted territory to be coming in here and giving reasons as to why Ridley wont be playable. because I want him to be playable. im not some Ridley hater. but i always like to look at things as realisticly as I can. Im not trying to trick myself into thinking that Ridley is gonna be 100% playable and saying" lets keep hope guys". nope that aint me. Ridley is the last Character I want to see reduced to nothing but a boss but to me it's looking rather likely. sorry to say it. Da nile is a river in Egypt and some of you need to realize that.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Fact is everyone's worried and we all will be until we hear anything about Ridley on the Dojo.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
lol everytime Sakurai updates we get more questions left un answered and brought up. and slightly more dissapointments for some people.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
He is super popular and more important to the franchise than just being a boss. There is the possibility that they make him a boss and animate him and give him a moveset without being playable, but that would be stupid for a few reasons:

1) Who else is going to rep Metroid?
2) Why would they reduce such a great character with potential to become a fan favorite to a lowly boss?
3) Why would Sakruai ignore his poll?
4) Why couldn't he be a boss and be playable?
5) Why couldn't they use another Metroid character as a boss instead and that music can play when you fight them? That song was originally intended and used for Ridley, but it isn't exclusive to him. They could throw in Draygon or the Crocomire or Kraid or the Mother Brain in there.

Answer those questions and I'll be willing to accept that Ridley's chances have lowered.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Most major characters in metroid (apart from samus) are bosses, but as Lee pointed out there are plenty of other options for bosses. Ridley is now guaranteed to appear in Brawl, that's it. It doesn't change his chances at a playable character, but if he isn't, then now he's a shoe-in for an epic boss fight.
Can't you almost see it;

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Why is everyone waiting for Monday? Metroid Prime 3 comes out on Tuesday, August 28. That is from Nintendo and everything!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I still say he's more likely to be a playable character than a boss. He's one of the most wanted characters, and Sakurai does a pretty good job of paying attention to what the people want. I think that highly requested characters like Ridley, Geno, and Sonic have better chances than people think. It's the ones like K. Rool and the Duck Hunt dog that I'm worried about.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
''Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)''
All that says is that the music came from the boss fight with Ridley in the Metroid games. It confirms absolutely nothing about his presence in Brawl. So, Ridley can still very well be a playable character. He also might end up just being the background hazard to a Ridley stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom