• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
.......and still wont have a bearing on what will be in brawl.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
"People who claim things as fact, without confirmation are ignorant to the reality of the Situation" - It's true, but then again, there is too little evidence to say that he is most likely going to be just a boss character. The only "evidence" is that the Ridley theme has been titled as boss battle music, and that really isn't evidence at all.

I think it's rather un-intelligent to draw conclusions from such little detail, even if your prediction turns out to be true. Who knows, we will have to wait and see as you say.

I said Bowser and Ganon will be playable and will probablly be a boss. it doesnt have to apply to everyone ya know. i.e Petey. you say dont compare Ridley and Petey. I dunno, remind me does he have a personality that distinguishes him from the pack like Bowser and Ganon does? Ridley isnt anything special when it comes down to those things. he has that WOW COOL factor for a villian but that's it really. him appearing in the metroid games as a mindless flying screaming boss who is a reaccuring villain in a game doenst make someone special.
As for this, i'm pretty sure Ridley is more intelligent than at least Bowser :laugh: - He has the ability to talk or most definitely communicate in some form, and his high level of intelligence is implied through most of the series. He has a backstory involving killing Samus's parents I do believe. Also he is supposed to be a leader of the Space Pirates (or commander or whatever) This gives him the personality and character of a blood-thirsty merciless commander.

EDIT: He has a nice tail, blashpemy not to put in someone with such a remarkable tail.

Dave

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
........personality in the manga. what I get from Bowser and Ganon I dont get from him. personality wise that is. he has to have a motive otherwise would he be the great Ridley people love so much?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Well, if it wasn't that he spoke in an alien language, maybe game developers could give him more of a personality. He isn't just a mindless, instinct driven animal like Dark Samus is, that's for sure.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Let's also keep in mind, that the Boss Battle music is just that; music used in a boss battle. There was the same music in the Kirby stage on melee I believe; music featured in a boss battle. He said on the site,

Sakurai via Smashbros.com said:
"This song appears in a variety of games in the Metroid series.
It’s the theme song for Samus’s arch-nemesis, Ridley.

In the original game, most of the places where you heard this song were the sites of fierce battles.

As such, this arrangement features a suitable sense of cruelty and tension. It’s magnificent!"
This neither confirms, nor deconfirms Ridley as just a boss, and non-playable. All he said was, that it's music that was used mostly used in a boss battle, particularly against Ridley.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dark Samus is not supid either, but it is driven by instinct, Ridley is a highly inteligent Alien, everyone sees him and thinks he's a monster, pft.

He is more inteligent than U!.

Edit:

On a completly unrelated note, where the hell is Grim?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Omega Ridley is Pwnage! Omega Ridley for BRAWL!. **** Purple Ridley, 'cause we all know, Phazon+Dragons=Double Awesome.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh also, Ridley has the big bad tail on MP 3. I'm just saying... the Artwork is PWNage.

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet

Play a real Metroid game before you make a call like that one. Piss off noob.
Hey ***** i beat all metriod game *** hole like you could do anybetter. And as it seems your the ****in ***** noob with no life... Gypsy lee: OMG I STAY HOME ALL FRIKIN DAY PLAYIN VIDEO GAMES AND NEVER GO OUT SIDE OR EXSERSIZE...THATS HOW YOPU SOUND!!Your about as gay as the 3rd party topics... Ridey nor your gay concor will be in brawl

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Shut up I bet all of you losers on this web are brats, also Gypsy lee stop actiong cool you not ok.

Hong

The Strongest
Hey ***** i beat all metriod game *** hole like you could do anybetter. And as it seems your the ****in ***** noob with no life... Gypsy lee: OMG I STAY HOME ALL FRIKIN DAY PLAYIN VIDEO GAMES AND NEVER GO OUT SIDE OR EXSERSIZE...THATS HOW YOPU SOUND!!Your about as gay as the 3rd party topics... Ridey nor your gay concor will be in brawl
Oh dear me. I lol'd. xD
Are you really supposed to be insulting anyone or are we supposed to laugh at you? Because you're doing a fine job of the latter. :p

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Basters....All of you are little brats. Why should I even come to this dumb *** fourm.. Also usein lol is not funnny. I LOLED HIM HAHAHAH YA thats how you sound!!!!

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Wow you guys are such brats I mean really oww he said a bad word report him you kindergradeners.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
XD ROLF

Seriously are you mentally ******** or are you just doing this for "lulz".

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well, if it wasn't that he spoke in an alien language, maybe game developers could give him more of a personality. He isn't just a mindless, instinct driven animal like Dark Samus is, that's for sure.
the official manga did show a softer side. i mean, when Samus was trying to make friends with Ridley (or something like that) he looked sorry for killing her parents

I don't know if this has already been posted. Sorry if it has.

It's lovely....:):
LOVELY!! THAT'S F***** BADASS!!!

:head asplouds from shear awesome:

Random guy offscreen: MEDIC!!

That's an awesome Ridley pic. Very awesome.
yeah, i was the guy offscreen that NEEDED the medic

hmmm, no valid arguments to go with this post. and yes i saw the previous post. the rumor is fake, everybody on SWF knows it's fake, so that argument doesn't matter. then what you said just now, after Gypsy showed proof that the size argument doesn't matter...that just makes you a douche. No wait, the KING of douches...a bigger douche than Kevin Federline.

you need to learn to take arguments seriously instead of yelling at people who make valid points about anything. YOU FAIL!!!

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Wow you losers can't take a joke..but really ridey is too big fro brawl..I mean he could be a boss.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We just proved the fact that he isn't TBH he is around the same size as Samus in the Melee intro anyway.

I didn't know Ridley had a "fro"

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Basters....All of you are little brats. Why should I even come to this dumb *** fourm.. Also usein lol is not funnny. I LOLED HIM HAHAHAH YA thats how you sound!!!!
Ummm... are you talking there or making a chart of the galaxy? I really can't tell with all the stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom