• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Official Power Rankings!

Airborne

Smash Lord
no nul, the point addition refers to after the multiplication. =P
and i got 16th out of 32 at mah last tourny.... brackets weren't seeded so well imo, and lots of good people from my area there... =\ everyone that beat me liked my yosh though. XD i'm the only good yosh around here, excluding nicalobe, whom i've never met irl yet.... he's probably better though

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Well, in Furb's example, it was 10 points for place, .2 for the peoples, +1 for beating the guy who got 1st later, and -.2 for losing to a guy that placed lower:

his equation was: (10 * (.2+1-.2))=
which goes: (10 * 1) = 10

what you said when applied to his standing:
(10 * .2) + 1 - .2 =
2 + 1 - .2 = 2.8 rounds to 3

But he says 10 points would be awarded. We still have an issue.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yes but theres a much bigger inherent risk with forfeiting especially when playing in a tournament with much more competition.

not saying it wasn't easy to get first in that tournament, but typically that situation will NEVER happen (no one would voluntarily give up a set) also its just PR points, it's just a rough estimate of how yoshis do, theres a lot of players here that should be higher socks hasn't submitted results, i go to one tournament a month, and pride fell off the face of the earth with these lol :p

also the chances of 2 yoshis ever meeting in finals is like never lol

D

Deleted member

Yee, this isnt THE Ranking of yoshi skill.
This is THE ranking of submitted yoshi tournament results.
I dont really care bout it no more, if i get like a top 3 which im planning on soon, ill post it tho :)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Nul, I don't see the results you put here in Ankoku's topic. Did I miss it or something...? =(

D

Deleted member

I never cared about it lulz I know I am one of the top 3 Yoshi's whether you guys think so or not
Thats a little pushing it. You dont have placings, and green ace, bwett, me, pride,scatz, furbs, and polturgust, as well as some other people, are all equally capable(green ace and bwett are definately ahead of you), if not more.

No offense to you, but dont be cocky :)
Yoshi mains are too cocky, and too "im better than other yoshis". Just play, it doesnt matter whos better, be the best PLAYER you can be.

D

Deleted member

Wtf!?
I hate to like call out, but nul gets 55 points from 1st place at a school tourny with 22 people???
What is this? Higher than bwett? who has been placing consistantly high for a very long time? And now nul wins a tourny and gets 55

Furbs, something isnt right XD

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
Wtf!?
I hate to like call out, but nul gets 55 points from 1st place at a school tourny with 22 people???
What is this? Higher than bwett? who has been placing consistantly high for a very long time? And now nul wins a tourny and gets 55

Furbs, something isnt right XD
I second this notion.

Seriously, wtf?

D

Deleted member

School tournies shouldnt count either imo, i mean, they are something, but not for power rankings!
Firstly, it should have to be on smashboards/aib, or thats bull, because or else its probably all random people who dont play competatively.
Secondly, Ive been getting points for a long time and i have what 22?
55 is a lot of points O_o

I know furbziez can figure out whats up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I never cared about it lulz I know I am one of the top 3 Yoshi's whether you guys think so or not
Lulz, I believe only you think so.

Bwett, Acey, Scatz, PRiDE, Polt, Yikarur, Furbs, and even Stocky could be or are better than you.

I agree with Sockz, your being to cocky.

D

Deleted member

Lulz, I believe only you think so.

Bwett, Acey, Scatz, PRiDE, Polt, Yikarur, Furbs, and even Stocky could be or are better than you.

I agree with Sockz, your being to cocky.
Did you just say EVEN me :p

Considering i place better than everyone on that list except bwett and acey and maybe pride....

Jk :p I dont care lol
Btw, i main yoshi again, so get off my arse Chcocko :)
Btw edrees, yoshi boards are amazingly nice, and we are all friendly except for chaco cuz hes dumb <3

Chaco

Never Logs In
Did you just say EVEN me :p

Considering i place better than everyone on that list except bwett and acey and maybe pride....

Jk :p I dont care lol
Btw, i main yoshi again, so get off my arse Chcocko :)
Btw edrees, yoshi boards are amazingly nice, and we are all friendly except for chaco cuz hes dumb <3

Hoiw'd you find out about my nickname? Have you been looking at my dirty pics?

And yeah Edrees, we are. Except Furbs, cause Yoshi hates him. WHY CAN'T SANTI MAIN YOSHI?!

Aaaaand, even Squeaky. <3

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
calmmm down guys,

things will balance out the more tournaments we attend, although im a little skeptical too sense anyone can attend one of these tournaments and get points

thoughts on this?

D

Deleted member

I honestly, dont mind if nul keeps his 55 points or w/e. But if we want this to be at least a little accurate of people's general skill, shouldnt we have a standard or something?
Iunno, you can figure something out.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I know these rankings aren't to be takes too seriously or anything but...
Surely the equation for ranking points would be constructed so that it would fairly reflect the skill required by the Yoshi main to secure the result achieved in the tournament.
So its pretty ******** that a small school tourney earns 55 points, I still feel points should deffinatly be awarded, but nowhere near that amount.
The equation should take into consideration the number of attendees, the placings of the players you beat and lost to and the skill levels of other players in the tournament,

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Thats a little pushing it. You dont have placings, and green ace, bwett, me, pride,scatz, furbs, and polturgust, as well as some other people, are all equally capable(green ace and bwett are definately ahead of you), if not more.

No offense to you, but dont be cocky :)
Yoshi mains are too cocky, and too "im better than other yoshis". Just play, it doesnt matter whos better, be the best PLAYER you can be.

I don't have money or a job so I rarely enter singles that is why I don't place a lot. I said I think I am one of the top 3 Yoshi mains that's my opinion whether you agree with it or not.

Sorry for the drama I like to cause. I will try to get a more recent singles vid up that is not from November so you can see how much I have improved.

Edit: I should have never started with the PRings it only starts problems lulz

instead maybe a panelist or something to decide so someone can't just go to gamestop tourney and win with 35 people and get like 80 points

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
well, it's kinda hard to just say no to a player too.

he met all the requirements of the PR and should get the points, if anyone has a problem with it fly down and beat him,

typically yoshi mains won't be getting first, but thats the reward good job nul

honestly just give it time and when more players begin submitting results it will balance out, although the PR it self hardly boils down to skill, it's mainly the community the yoshi player is in, if he's the best in a trashy community he'll obviously have more points than the yoshi thats great in a stupid hard community, there is no way to monitor that

Metatitan

Smash Master
55 points for a school tourny is way pushing it. mabey one other competitive player was there? meanwhile bwett goes to whobo where theres m2k dojo and dsf and gets less points for that... thats not right

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
55 points for a school tourny is way pushing it. mabey one other competitive player was there? meanwhile bwett goes to whobo where theres m2k dojo and dsf and gets less points for that... thats not right
Me, Bwett, Pride, and Stocky have been earning our points through hard tournaments with some of the highest-ranked players in our respective regions. We actually fight tooth-and-nail for what we place, and our points as a result.

I'm sorry, but 55 points at a mere 22 person school tourney is just bull****. I could very easily start up some school tournament, get all my friends to attend, and destroy them all for massive points and PR abuse.

This is the thing that's going to break the PRs.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Well, if you would take mine:

Saturday April 25, 2009
22 people, school event - public and advertised in malls a month beforehand

1: Nul
2: John
3: Micheal
4: PiKMN
5: Freak
5: EXGMR
7: Parker
7: Rebekah
9: DelJ
9: Zombie
9: Joel
9: Phox
13: IsuK
13: Josh
13: Alex
13: AsiA
17: Blaze
17: Qen
17: Matt
17: AZN
17: Cd
17: Jon

Double elimination, I never got knocked to losers.
SB rule set, singles, used only Yoshi, was tempted for Ness once but didn't.

I also have the bracket image if you'd like that.
Rules: (By Lil b)
- YOU MUST have a link to the original results page so I can confirm how many people attended
Did nul post a link to the original results page because if not it doesn't count

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
1: Nul
2: John
3: Micheal
4: PiKMN
5: Freak
5: EXGMR
7: Parker
7: Rebekah
9: DelJ
9: Zombie
9: Joel
9: Phox
13: IsuK
13: Josh
13: Alex
13: AsiA
17: Blaze
17: Qen
17: Matt
17: AZN
17: Cd
17: Jon

Sorry, but I'm fairly certain that either me, Bwett, Stocky, or Pride could single-handedly crew that entire list.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
fly out there and prove it

points are staying

/discussion

if theres a problem take it to AIB, i don't wanna have to sort through all this garbage of a culster-****ed discussion when i'm going out of my way to do this for everyone.

the PR may have some influence but it only boils down to region and how many tournaments you attend that determine the most points. I only attend one tournament a MONTH that has ALL of texas and usually 60+ players so i find myself competing with Dojo, Roy_r, DMG, Gnes, ect. and when I'm not there I'm in california competing with DSF, Tyrant, DEHF, ect.

as opposed to players who almost never or rarely leave their town and basically beat the same people every week at 20 person tournaments.

If anything Pride should be number one as he travels, has some of the toughest competition IN his town (atomsk, M2K, Inui, ect.) and has traveled and proved his yoshi to other cities

/rant

Metatitan

Smash Master
fly out there and prove it

points are staying

/discussion

if theres a problem take it to AIB, i don't wanna have to sort through all this garbage of a culster-****ed discussion when i'm going out of my way to do this for everyone.

the PR may have some influence but it only boils down to region and how many tournaments you attend that determine the most points. I only attend one tournament a MONTH that has ALL of texas and usually 60+ players so i find myself competing with Dojo, Roy_r, DMG, Gnes, ect. and when I'm not there I'm in california competing with DSF, Tyrant, DEHF, ect.

as opposed to players who almost never or rarely leave their town and basically beat the same people every week at 20 person tournaments.

If anything Pride should be number one as he travels, has some of the toughest competition IN his town (atomsk, M2K, Inui, ect.) and has traveled and proved his yoshi to other cities

/rant
uhm no sry ur dumb <3

school tournaments should not count for anything, wanna bet the majority of pple there werent competitive players? Bwett has to deal with similar competition as you so how is it that nul was able to pass bwett up on a power rankings after winning a school tournament that lacked even a small amount of competitive players when he placed pretty well at a tournament that had many of the top players in the world there? /rebuttal

D

Deleted member

Jeeeez drama. lol
W/e
Doesnt matter.
Nuls points can stay. GJ nul.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lol, he won a tournament. So yeah, points for him. Otherwise we'd have to evaluate all the tournaments that everyone goes to.................and I don't think anyone wants that job.

Not like the rankings really matter, I think bwett is the best yoshi but he's not number 1 so idk.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Yeah. This is where the PR's seem to break down. A complete no one, *I am not doubting your skill at all Null), comes out of no where, wins a tourn with absolutely no known players, and very little evidence proving he used only Yoshi, and magically zooms up the list... Nul could turn out to be the best Yoshi player in the world, but Green Ace, Bwett, Socks, Scatz etc, all have proof of their skill by placing against tough players more than once. We need to re think things..

Oh and I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth!! lololl I just truly couldn't make a tournament in the past 3 weeks, and I wont be able to attend one for another 2.. Sigh... SOOn.. Very soon.

D

Deleted member

Nuls certainly not bad, hes pretty solid from what ive seen on wifi, hes just not #2 :p
I believe he would use all yoshi tho, i wouldnt doubt that.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Here's what you have to answer yourselves.

#1 Is this power rankings list meant to determine who the best Yoshi's are?

Or

#2 Is this a compilation of tourney results simply meant to be a mathametical result of which Yoshi's have the most tourney placings, as a function of tourney size and placement?

If it's the first one, then you should remove Nul's placement. If it's the second one, keep it as there should be no opinion or outside influence on the list other than tournaments. It wouldn't be a "mathematical rankings list" if you chose some tourneys to include and others not to, no matter how silly one tournament is. By not including it you are trying to create a list of best Yoshi's rather than a compilation of tournament results, and if you are going to do that you might as well go all the way to make it accurate and weight every single tourney differently based on who goes. If you are going to do this it means you are attempting #1.

If you want #1, I suggest you guys form together a panel and look at results and evaluate them. It's really about what kind of list you want.

We had a Peach power rankings list that, we had a panel to factor in and decide what tournaments mattered more because we didn't want tourneys like that included. So effectively we said this was a list Peach success at smashboards viable tourneys. You have to state that with the list and make it clear WHAT the list is trying to do and that'll be better for things in the long run.

This is just my suggestion and what I notice becomes the problem with any rankings list of any sort.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Can I have points just for being awesome? Just like three or four, nothing big.

auroreon

Smash Ace
This panel is most likely to end up bassically the same as the Yoshi Back Room. We should nominate members with a good knowledge of the tournament scene and are not bias.
I nominate Chaco, Scatz, Shiri and Green_Ace.

Top Bottom