• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Official Power Rankings!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
No one nominate me (not like you guys were cuz you all hate me) because i don't want to put up with the drama anymore of PRings

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I nominate Scatz, Furbs, and Green Ace.

...I guess I can't nominate myself, huh? =/

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I do! I do! =O

In all seriousness, though, I think I'd be a good choice for it. I'm actually very critical.

Vote for Polt! :bigthumbu

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I nominate Pride, Edrees, scatz, and Shiri

nominations will end tomorrow at 8PM Pacific time, top 5 panelists sound fine?

SHIRI question, i think the new PR should be a locked stickied one post thread, can you edit a post in a locked thread?

also i think the new pr points should be submitted via PM's, the PR post will contain tournaments used however

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yes, you should be able to edit posts in locked threads.

If you are not able to, I know I can, so if it doesn't work out, you can feel free to send me notices to update it if that's what you guys decide to do.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Nah, it's fine if I don't get it.

...Unless you weren't talking about me, then... er...

... :cry:

auroreon

Smash Ace
I just don't see how drama can occur within a character board... us Yoshis should stick together, not squable over PR points. We should all view this as a way to reckognize people for repping Yoshi, not as a competition. I agree that the rankings should represent the skill of indivdual Yoshis... but does it really matter whose the best Yoshi, just keep playing, get better and prove your skill.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I don't think this will work out either, tbh.
First time me and chaco have ever agreed on something lol

I just don't see how drama can occur within a character board... us Yoshis should stick together, not squable over PR points. We should all view this as a way to reckognize people for repping Yoshi, not as a competition. I agree that the rankings should represent the skill of indivdual Yoshis... but does it really matter whose the best Yoshi, just keep playing, get better and prove your skill.
PRing always stir up competition no matter what so there is no point in having them on character boards. Now that i think about it PRing should have never happened in the first place

bigman40

Smash Master
What really should've stayed was just the tourney results from all the yoshis (aka your thread LilB) if you ask me. But it's w/e. The Yoshi community as a whole makes the choices.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I actually do not like character power rankings. I was just offering suggestions to help you guys deal with the situation. I'd rather not be on the panel not to mention i've been using Yoshi for two weeks - tho I'm touched by your nomination Furbs <3 They tried to force me on the Peach panel and I wanted no part of it.

bigman40

Smash Master
I actually do not like character power rankings. I was just offering suggestions to help you guys deal with the situation. I'd rather not be on the panel not to mention i've been using Yoshi for two weeks - tho I'm touched by your nomination Furbs <3 They tried to force me on the Peach panel and I wanted no part of it.
lol cuz they know that you'll start ****** in that amount of time playing him ;)

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'm nominating Pride, Bwett, Burntsocks, and Metatitan.
acey has his reasons for picking these people

Pride: logical, nonbiased, experienced
Stocky: nonbiased, experienced, wise insight
Bwett: tied with acey for best yoshi, experienced, nonbiased, logical
Me: nonbiased, nothing to gain from skewing results, i dont really care who is ranked best yoshi lol, i watch vids of all the proshies to try and use tricks in my own style so i know their styles

in a week or two edrees should be added as well. ur just too d@mn pro edrees, ur gonna be better than half the yoshi boards in a matter of weeks, just watch :)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
this is a giant facepalm,

who wants a turn with the PR?

me lilb and pride are done lolz

Chaco

Never Logs In
Count me out, how about just doing tourney placings again. Much better tbh.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I made quite the drama happen, even though:

Well, if you would take mine:
I said this, I never 100% expected my submission to go as the only thing that would not happen is a link, it was hosted at my school, advertised for about 40 days in 3 of our malls, and thats it.

I will be honest, $55 doesn't lie, and that I was really happy for, if you guys really wanted a link, I could just make one now with the results. Is this any different from me posting them here? NO!

Yeah. This is where the PR's seem to break down. A complete no one, *I am not doubting your skill at all Nul), comes out of no where, wins a tourn with absolutely no known players, and very little evidence proving he used only Yoshi.
I'd just like to say that I wasn't too interested in PR beforehand, I've had a few nicely place tournies, even another 1st about 7 months ago, it's just the reason I wanted to was that I got a sudden interest in my state's PR, so why not the Yoshi's? He's the only character I really read up on.

Here's what you have to answer yourselves.

#1 Is this power rankings list meant to determine who the best Yoshi's are?

Or

#2 Is this a compilation of tourney results simply meant to be a mathametical result of which Yoshi's have the most tourney placings, as a function of tourney size and placement?
Right now, this PR is #2, and no offence Furbs, but it was flawed. We could have another #2 that will work, but time is going to have to be put into it before it gets put up.

Now, if you notice, my posts after the listing were noticing the flaws in the system, and I figured those out by just looking at the OP for 10 minutes. If we want a better system, we should start now, if we are content with simple placings, we can go back to that.

For those of you bashing me, have you faced me? I'm not talking WIFI but in person, if you have and you're better, go ahead and say what you want. If you haven't, you have nothing to say. I don't say someones bad if I haven't played them or have constant 2-stocks on them over Wifi, because that only way to tell is to actually play them right next to you. I thank you socks for backing me, him and Scatz are the only people I've played over Wifi that go here. Just note that the only people here that are bashing me have yet to play me.

I'm actually in Utah for college, that might change soon (school's rep going downhill) and then I'll be back in Vegas, which I know you guys are likely to go sometime. I'm also going to be in Vegas for a 4 week break for June/July. If you're going to be where I might be, PM me, I'll let you know and we can set-up some meet.

Anyways, for those that are even remotely interested in my submission still, here's the bracket, same as how it was e-mailed to me: http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brawlbracket.png

I am interested in helping to create a new system, I would like an ordered one like it is now, but the choices of mathematical equations or a panel seem to have an even amount of pros and cons for either side.

I'm going to be working on an equation right now, whether we use it or not, but it will have mostly any tourny properly handled.

Also, no, regular users can't edit posts (any) in a locked thread.

Sidenote: I was half-tempted to say I trolled, but my first quote takes that possibility off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT:
I made an equation, I seriously deem it decently fair and I'll give an example using my submission for me, and HOBO 10 results:

I don't know what happened in HOBO, so I'll make up the knocked stats for peoples. Also let's say Stiltz ran Yoshi.

Nul got 1st, 22 people, highest knocked 2nd, not knocked
Bwett got 17th, 118, 25th, 17th
Furbs got 25th, 118, 1st, 33th
Stiltz got 1st, 118, 2nd, 25th

Bwett: 19
Furbs: 16
Stiltz: 150
--If stiltz wasn't knocked at all, he would have gotten 232 points instead

Now, these points will accumulate, but the thing with PR is that it has to be time-dynamic, where more recent submissions create a larger impact, my suggestion is:
Current month: points shown and will rack up
Last month: added to the PR total
2 months ago: multiplied by .9 and added to PR total
3 months ago: multiplied by .8 and added...

And it goes on, so that something from 8 months ago isn't still holding your title, because it shouldn't.

Now a high scoreboard can be a side thing or just for show, or even a "highest one hits of all time" scoreboard would be nice, but what make a PR a real PR is following the trend of time, people get good, then better people come along, they shouldn't have to work the same amount of time one pro did in 1/3 the time just to get noticed.

Anyways, anyone even remotely interested in the equation, post here.

Top Bottom