• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Match-up Chart

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi = Jigglypuff
Not shielding is not that hard. I've played sheers Yoshi plenty of times and the few games he got some shieldbreaks in but you just gotta play smart.

Luigi > Samus
Luigi > DK
Luigi should NOT be second to last that is seriously ****ed up.

Samus > Jiggly
Jiggly combos dont work well on Samus and Samus can counter Jiggs aerial game pretty well.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
That wasn't the point, but if you really want to look at it this way, is Pika really 3 degrees of matchup better than Jiggly? Jigglypuff is a very good character.
Im not saying jiggly sucks... but against a char like Luigi.... I think pika really hurts luigi with his speed, approach and priority. Jiggs is good, but pika is too good

P D

Smash Ace
Updated:

DK > Jigglypuff to DK = Jigglypuff
Yoshi = Samus to Yoshi > Samus
Pikachu > Luigi to Pikachu >> Luigi
Ness = Luigi to Ness > Luigi

Debating:

Luigi > Jigglypuff to Luigi >> Jigglypuff
Luigi = Samus to Luigi > Samus
DK = Jigglypuff to DK > Jigglypuff
Samus = Jigglypuff to Samus > Jigglypuff
Fox = Kirby to Fox > Kirby
Jigglypuff = Yoshi to Jigglypuff > Yoshi

Firstly, PD, I'm not taking my own opinion into account on this and before yourself, everyone was agreeing with DK = Jigglypuff. However, I wasn't able to read Blue Yoshi's comment for this update. It's not as if it becomes irreversible after changing something, so relax. It just needs to be more finalized. For now though, it's DK = Jigglypuff.

As the chart currently stands now, Luigi is 2nd last, only above Samus, and the ranks are close to being ranked higher means advantage (see the orange triangle from the top left to the bottom right). The only character ranked lower having an advantage over someone above is Luigi vs Jigglypuff.

Also, Mario is very close to taking 4th now.

Anyway, these last few match-ups don't seem to come to agreement, so I'm putting them all in "debating". Discussion please. I would, but I don't really Jigglypuff or Luigi, so my opinion isn't worth much.
right now its DK > jiggly....

its like 5 people to 1 on this and no one has made a counterpoint

dk > jiggly has about 4 major points more than dk = jiggly

IDK even anyone that thinks dk = jiggs cept you o.o

you suck from what i remember
you have worst/strangest memory in the community lol.

no wonder you have trouble getting straight a's

D

Deleted member

right now its DK > jiggly....

its like 5 people to 1 on this and no one has made a counterpoint

dk > jiggly has about 4 major points more than dk = jiggly

IDK even anyone that thinks dk = jiggs cept you o.o

you have worst/strangest memory in the community lol.

no wonder you have trouble getting straight a's

way to come out of left field

and mattNF SUX

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Agreement:

Some Agreement:

Luigi > Jigglypuff to Luigi >> Jigglypuff
Samus = Jigglypuff to Samus > Jigglypuff

Debating:

Luigi = Samus to Luigi > Samus
Fox = Kirby to Fox > Kirby
Luigi = DK to Luigi > DK

For the people that are going crazy that Luigi is 2nd last, well then the match-ups need fixing. The rankings are all purely mathematical, and besides, there are 3 match-ups that are increasing Luigi's and none lowering them, so settle down.

And PD, DK > Jigglypuff will be in the next update. And again, my opinion is not implemented into this chart. I take other people's opinions, sort out the intelligent ones and then update the chart with them. The reason why I changed it to =, is because everyone had said that, and you were the only one at the time disagreeing.

Nothing in this chart is permanent; ranks and match-ups will bounce around so don't have a tempor tantrum if something is incorrect, just state your opinions. Originally, we had Jigglypuff as the very worst character, and that's clearly changed over the course of updates.

:psycho:

MattNF

Smash Lord
I don't see why people keep saying Samus > Jiggly

try playing good jigglypuffs guys

DMoogle

A$
Smasher is solid but I don't think he's as good as Kabal's Samus. I don't know who dapuffster is.

There used to be couple very strong Jiggs players but I feel like I rarely come across any anymore.

kabal

Smash Apprentice
I beat Smasher's Jiggly like 80% of the time...I remember Matt had a really good Jiggly but it's been a while since I've played you.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Dapuffster is awful vs. Samus. I'd wreck him consistently in that matchup. I still say Samus = Jiggly though.

I still really disagree with Luigi >> Jiggly as well. Will some Luigi players step up and show me first hand why it is so bad?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I recommend MattNF, Marth, or YBOMBB for jigglypuff. I don't know much about Dapuffster and Smasherx74 is not a good sport.
As for Luigi, I have a pretty good Luigi, but maybe Near's luigi should demonstrate.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I constantly destroy jigglys at my level with Luigi. Jigglys that can beat my main falcon, but get fkin destroyed by my secondary Luigi.

P D

Smash Ace
i personaly think samus owns jiggs casue bair ***** at like 55%

Skrlx

Smash Champion
YEEAAH in this match up samus > jiggly only because samus has far more range than jigglypuff and with samus it's easier to approach jiggly than vice versa. Also on most jiggly combos Samus is able to just jump out of them lol and samus' up b > jiggly's dair in priority

EDIT: oh and Luigi for top tier

MattNF

Smash Lord
u guys r dum

for reference, I fought jaimeHRs samus as jiggly and it was pretty much even the whole time. not once was I like "*** samus keeps bairing me I can't do anything"

jaime has probably the best samus I've faced

and in that matchup, obviously you can't do zero to deaths as easily with jiggly. doesnt mean jiggly somehow sucks, though.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
for reference, I fought jaimeHRs samus as jiggly and it was pretty much even the whole time. not once was I like "*** samus keeps bairing me I can't do anything".
Riveting tale, chap.

Sure, but for the sake of the match-up i say SAMUS > JIGGLYPUFF

NixxxoN

Smash Master
LMAO

I think Samus > Jiggly from my experience. I also do better with my rather average Samus than my main falcon vs Jiggs.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
LMAO

I think Samus > Jiggly from my experience. I also do better with my rather average Samus than my main falcon vs Jiggs.
well thats because Falcon vs Jiggs sucks...

Its like saying:

I know Falcon can beat Pikachu since I can secondary Falcon for pikachu's since my samus gets 4 stocked every time and my falcon wins vs them.

DMoogle

A$
Again, Samus vs. Jiggly is like Falco vs. ICs in Melee. The matchup changes drastically at the highest levels of play.
I've ALWAYS thought that there should be separate tiers for the different levels of play. Levels like the ones in the Learning Curve thread (although I think that needs to be updated).

D

Deleted member

This chart is for fairly high level play, nothing higher nothing less

Top Bottom