• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Mario Video Thread Achive

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
No wai, Firemario ftw.

And why Dictator in SF4 Matador? Just curious. I main Ryu in Sf4 cuz he's the main character dude, kinda like Mario.
Sorry, just saw this.

I usually gravitate toward a certain type of character in every game I play...Bison just seemed cool to me. I normally like playing bad-*** characters most of the time.

3S: Makoto (thought she was a dude XD)
SA3: Guy, Fei
SF4: Fei, Akuma, Bison
BlazBlue: (originally) Ragna, Carl
Tekken: Kazuya/Lei Wulong
Soul Calibur: Mitsurugi
GGXX: Eddie

Sometimes playstyle overrules my preference though...that was the case with Carl...I just loved his loops n whatnot. In SSF4, I'm already planning on using Guy unless a character with a playstyle that I prefer comes more comes along...

Btw - In EVERY game I play, it's 100% aggro all the time...characters that can semi-safely use mix-ups to overwhelm the opponent are the ones I'll eventually decide upon in the long-run.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I used to use Fire Mario, then I became good friends with this guy who was really good with Link and he switched his color to the next one in line every match. Then I started to do that, but for most serious matches where I only use Mario once or so, I use green. Green is the color I use for my other characters.

Matt07

Smash Master
Green Mario, huh.

That's pretty rare to see, Dory used to use that colour of Mario way back when he used to play, lol.

About time someone else picked him up :p.

Also I should have video's up soon, Sasook (the one recording them for me) said they'd be up tonight.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'd use green if it weren't for the ruby looking shoes...so distracting.

Edit: V LOL double post! Good **** Matador.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'd use green if it weren't for the ruby looking shoes...so distracting.

o shi- Matt vidz??

Hey...I saw you online on PSN yesterday. I was about to msg you but you were on MW2 XD

Think you'll be free to play something this weekend?

Edit: ^ Inorite? Lrn2edit nub XD

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, videos vs a King Daydayday, I did pretty well on the first match, and then I CP'd him to Brinstar (lmao!) and got ooowned.

Lesson learned :p.

And yea Matador, I only have MW2 that I could play with you, but you guys kinda make me want to buy Blaze Blue now! Plus my connection is piss horrible, I have a load of homework this weekend, but I can squeeze things in :).

Veggi

Smash Champion
Matador, did you ever add me? My PSN is "VeggiSentnl". I think. I normally gravitate toward really strong characters that fool people into getting really strong hits off and grab a lot. Veggi does love to grab.

Then I usually use some pretty female character with safe poke options and generally good range. I also like really gimmicky characters with tools I'm able to be creative with.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, I think you accepted my friend request too, lol. I'll check later tomorrow.

And you should pick it up Matt, lol. Love that game...

Matt07

Smash Master
Well I have 3 problems lol.

I planned on buying Twilight Princess this weekend (I don't have the game yet, get @ me.), then I remember Final Fantasy XII is coming out, I was like OMG do want! Now I wanted Blaze Blue for a while now too...

:urg: Too many games to think of!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You should probably get the new Final Fantasy in all honesty XD

It'd probably be the best use of your cash. BB is a GREAT game if you like fighters as much as I do, so if you're passionate about them, it's a must-have.

I liked TP...but it felt really easy to me for a Zelda game. Kinda takes away from the game...but it truly is an amazing game...it has a much different feel that other LoZ games, like Link had more personality.

I'm probably going to pick up Final Fantasy myself...I want GoW3...the demo made me boygasm (Da K.I.D copyright XD) when I first played it...the new SSF4 and BB continuum shift are both coming out soon...

Too many games indeed T_T

Edit @ Veggi: Definitely. I have a project due, but I plan on procrastinating till last minute anyways. /accessory

Matt07

Smash Master
It would be for sure, I played and beat Twilight Princess, but I kinda wanna buy it (I used my brothers :laugh:) and ya, I'll probably wait for the new Blaze Blue and get it. Final Fantasy I'm going to purchase in the summer when I have no homework.

Heh, don't worry Matador I procrastinate a lot, and if I don't I usually make mistakes that put me right back at square 1 :(.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I am thoroughly impressed, goooood **** Matt. Your platform game is pretty slick, lmao. Your spacing first game was on point too, was pretty amazing. You had that one if not for the stage screwing with your recovery.

I saw the attempted cape **** second match too, too slick XD
Would've been a sexy kill.

Matt07

Smash Master
Haha, thanks Matador!

And ya it would've been...but didn't work :(, **** lol. And his up-tilt=LOL HITBOX when it killed me I was like "What the hell?"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Watching them again...your first kill on the first match...

I've never seen Dsmash hit like that O_O

It wasn't the second hit of it either, it looked like it was the first hit...it knocked him behind you....Thought that was pretty odd, lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Critique later when I stop being lazy about multiple things, but Matt, I must say, I quite liked your Mario.

Matt07

Smash Master
Needs more U-Smash.
I agree.

And I seen your replay versus Snake. You have creative uses for Dash Attack, but a few of the times you got punished quite a bit, it's a pretty ballsy move, it's okay to use once in a while. I think you could've utilized a bit more Cape Jump in my opinion. Other then that good stuff dude.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I would've, but that was on Wi-Fi, been playing it on my spare time. Cape Jump's input is harder to do because of button lag, and it's practically the only reason why I spammed Dash Attack. If it was offline I would've only used it for shield pokes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I find Cape Jump extremely easy to do regardless of input lag, but that's because my controller configuration has X set to Specials, due to the fact I always jump with Y. Setting X to specials makes it much easier to buffer specials from jump since I can put my thumb on both the Y and X button at the same time.

Plus, buffered fullhop Fireballs are good, which is the other reason why I like X set to specials.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's easy if the game reads the input correctly. I too also have X to specials, but sometimes the game doesn't read it and I end up doing empty jumps (lead to some funny mindgames though). So there are times when I have to time my input differently. It's not impossible, just a hassle.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
I play with the Classic Controller lol. I normally jump with X because its closer to A so I can easily use short hopped aireals. I only jump with Y is if I want to cape jump or use full hop fire balls because its closer to B.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Guyz, i've uploaded all the videos that i've got to my utube channel, i've tried to get a lot of them mainly for MU experience for those who need it and also for metagame analysis, anyways, check them out ; )

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlameL3on

@Vato: Vatoooooooo, change my videos around here and just put my channel where my name is, plxor-

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, I got destroyed badly last weekend. Anyone wanna tell me what I did wrong? First match was ****, second was better, but I still lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqVvjs-v3Oc
Well, I've watched this on 2 seperate occasions to comment, but keep putting it off and then go "wait... what did I have to say again?".

Anyway, here's what I have:

-Stop those fullhops and double jumps for no reason. Game 1 you were basically asking to be juggled.
-Don't try to beat Kirby's Bair outright.
-Try to get better mindgames and work on prediction, because no offense, but your reaction time seems pretty bad.
-Way too many cape stalls for no reason.
-Way too aggressive.
-Do some fireball B-reversing. It'll help you escape juggles.
-When Kirby cutters, FLUDD or cape it. Should be a gimp every time he is forced to UpB.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Well, I've watched this on 2 seperate occasions to comment, but keep putting it off and then go "wait... what did I have to say again?".

Anyway, here's what I have:

-Stop those fullhops and double jumps for no reason. Game 1 you were basically asking to be juggled.
-Don't try to beat Kirby's Bair outright.
-Try to get better mindgames and work on prediction, because no offense, but your reaction time seems pretty bad.
-Way too many cape stalls for no reason.
-Way too aggressive.
-Do some fireball B-reversing. It'll help you escape juggles.
-When Kirby cutters, FLUDD or cape it. Should be a gimp every time he is forced to UpB.
This is basically it. It's a classic case of running into ****.

Some things I noticed:

-Your ground game was non-existent. You gained an epiphany on your last stock though and started to apply it, which is what got you to even the match-up. A case of "Too little, too late" though.
-Way too much air dodge. Should only be used if you honestly have no other option (or your opponent is stupid).
-Dude, stop getting grabbed. Apply everything above that should be remedied.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You need to grab more yourself and the last thing I noticed is that you don't RAR at all. Maybe that would help your approaches a little better?

Top Bottom