• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Mario Video Thread Achive

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
l actually loved that blog Chris, it was really what happened to me in doubles tourney, you'll definitely get your old self back and that Mid West Mario status fo sho son =3.

i'll definitely look into the vids later though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Just watched some of the ones vs DLA and the set vs Chu, but against DLA, you ADed into the ground WAY too much, and way too predictably.

Also, you approached both of them too much. Both Ganon and Kirby suffer from a lack of approach options and have a tough time forcing approaches (Though they both have tools to punish them), so fireball them until they approach you.
Basically, play more defensively against defensive characters.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You did a great job. Keep doing what ur doing.

/being-contradictory-for-the-sake-of-being-contradictory

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow Kirin, you play the matchup completely differently than I do from what I saw in those vids.

I love how you were really consistent with gimps though. I don't gimp DK much, I instead ledge trap him to hell and back. Also I use a lot more F-smash.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Dair wrecks DK's shield. If you land behind him there's nothing he can do in time to punish a Utilt or Jab. He has to roll away. You can be aggressive on his shield as long as you land behind him. He'll wreck you if you land in front or in the middle of him.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Agreed with Kirin. I pretty much do the same thing since a combination of aerials wrecks shields pretty badly. After that you can easily juggle.

Though, using charged smashes for kills is still pretty legit.

Matt07

Smash Master
Good stuff Kirin.

But regarding the d-air, when you landed behind him with a d-air he hit you with a reverse f-tilt, where those just spacing issues then?

Wow, Famous that was quite the match, poor Kadaj getting wrecked by the Klaptrap lulz.

Matt07

Smash Master
Things to work on Xero.

Change the colour of Mario, brown doesn't look good on him! :mad:.

:laugh: I'll give you legit pointers when I'm done watching.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I used fire mario for a while when I first started but I wanted to use a color that nobody else used so I switched to brown/black.

Never switched since, he's too sexy for the other Mario mains. (Other than Matador, apparantly.)

Matt07

Smash Master
Some things too work on. First match a lot of up B's and most of them missed, you used them at really random times I guess as a mindgame, but still try to avoid doing that, and only use it in situations when you know it will hit, or else you'll eat damage. After the first match however you stopped using up B at random times, so you fixed it.

You started getting shieldgrabbed a lot during your first stock when you had the lead. Be less predictable with your aerials, and Fireballs as well.

You did well on the third match, until the PK Thunder kill, lol. Nice ending by the way, f-air too good!

Last match, you had an opportunity to gimp him on his first stock, and last stock if you hung on the edge, guess you were playing nice guy. You had a really solid lead but he brought it up, you were being too anxious for a kill imo.

Other then that, I think you played this match-up pretty **** good. I myself have trouble versus Ness (a lot of trouble lol), but I can still help critique...I think xD.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I can specifically remember the last stock of that match when I was going for the gimp... I dropped my controller because I was nervous.

But yeah, I agree with most of the stuff you said, but random up-bs are the bessssst!

I also wasn't using Fsmash very well back then, it was really predictable and the like. I'm pretty sure I'm way less predictable with it now (I hope).

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
Matador uses brown too if I remember correctly...

You two are now rivals!

Blue is the most popular by far...Hero, Kanzaki, Bo X7, and myself use it, and probably half of the other Mario users :laugh:.
Bo X7 uses Red. Lololol.

I use Red also, and Wario (yellow) when I feel like it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I use the white and red costume now since I posted my last vid...about a year ago XD

Famous uses brown though...so...not a very good tradeoff of rivals, lmao.

Favorite texture hack - M. Bison...too sick...especially since I use him in SF4.

Honorable mention - Strikers Mario...Makes Uairs and Bairs 10x more amazing...especially reverse Uairs.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I always go standard color in singles. This applies to every character I use.

Red Mario however totally has the best U-smash...cuz A2Z he knows how to really use his head.

And why Dictator in SF4 Matador? Just curious. I main Ryu in Sf4 cuz he's the main character dude, kinda like Mario.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Matador uses brown too if I remember correctly...

You two are now rivals!

Blue is the most popular by far...Hero, Kanzaki, Bo X7, and myself use it, and probably half of the other Mario users :laugh:.
i use blue too lol

i just change alot of my colors honestly, cuz sometimes, if i stick to one color i feel like i move slower, but if i use a texture hack any kind, i feel like i move faster and flashy O_O

I totally call the title of the best Brown Mario then.
ur ***. ur not brownzzzzz

Top Bottom