• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Wow. The stage looks cool and much better than the last pokemon stadium.

Mario's special move looks like a good counterattack.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Oh come on Snakz! That was totally frikkin' unfair, I had the chance to post the other update but NOOOO..I hate you now. :mad:

Jk. Yay! They seem to have returned the Pokemon appearance thing form 64 in Brawl! And we get new type of settings like ground, electricity, flying, and ice!..

ICE? Ice Ice Baby confirmed. *Were expecting Ice Climbers, huh*

Snakz

Smash Ace
Oh come on Snakz! That was totally frikkin' unfair, I had the chance to post the other update but NOOOO..I hate you now. :mad:

Jk. Yay! They seem to have returned the Pokemon appearance thing form 64 in Brawl! And we get new type of settings like ground, electricity, flying, and ice!..

ICE? Ice Ice Baby confirmed. *Were expecting Ice Climbers, huh*
Heheh, you gotta give me the heads up if ya wana post it, bro! :)

Yea, pokemon have come back, but they dont look like they do anything, which i dont mind, we've got enough interaction with the stage as it is

Did anyone else notice Skarmory in the flying stage screenshot?

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Heheh, you gotta give me the heads up if ya wana post it, bro! :)

Yea, pokemon have come back, but they dont look like they do anything, which i dont mind, we've got enough interaction with the stage as it is

Did anyone else notice Skarmory in the flying stage screenshot?

Yes, I did. Also, a Cubone and Dugtrio in the Ground type stage.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
This new song thing is really cool and all, but it kinda also gives them an excuse for not having too many stages. I think they're putting in too much work in stage enviorment design, and it's likely now that this is out, the stages number will decrease.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Just know that Brawl will have more stages than Melee.....and Melee had alot of stages......oh and your going to ask me "how do you know brawl will have more stages?" (psychic)

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
I don't think it will affect the amount of stages. Brawl should have a good amount of stages. If it will have more chars, then it has to have more of everything else too. It's all relative.

I just hope that the Corneria theme from Starfox for SNES, Geno's Woods theme from SMRPG and the Silence theme from F-Zero X are available.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I think the music is very important. They shouldn't come up with new music anyways, at least not much of it. SSB is kind of a celebration of the rich history of Nintendo. Through their classic characters, games, even music.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Where the hell did you all come from?? not that im complaining, this thread could use more posts

Im not gonna bother posting all three updates, so ill just post the My Music update, Fierce, you can do the others if you'd like :)

My Music

With the "My Music" feature, you can enjoy the music of our many musicians any way you like. Choose freely from our diverse selection of famous songs!

This is "My Music" in action!

The battle stages of Super Smash Bros. Brawl feature a diverse line-up of game worlds. For example, there are stages based on the Mario universe.

Basically, there is only one song that plays on each stage. But even among the myriad songs of the Mario universe, people probably have different favorites.

Plus, while there may be people who stepped into the Mario universe in the original Nintendo Entertainment System days, surely there are some who first experienced Mario on the Nintendo DS.
With that in mind, I think it’s a bit of a waste to limit that whole universe to just one song.

So we’ve prepared many songs and will let you choose the likelihood that any given song will be played.

This is "My Music" for Delfino Plaza.

For songs you’re particularly fond of, you can increase the likelihood those songs will appear. Then, when you brawl on that stage, the chance of your preferred songs being played increases.
Of course, if you want to, you can limit a stage to only one song, or make every song in the game equally likely to appear.

I’ve asked our reputable list of musicians to provide many songs for this particular game. But that’s certainly not because I just wanted to cover all these songs.

I’ve asked them to choose the songs that match their personalities and tastes!
Here you will find the best of the best—something you can very rarely get a chance to savor.
If your motivation behind your song selections is simply because you like them, then that’s just fine. Choose your settings as you like.

Just so you know, there may be songs from other games that are left as is, without any new arrangement.

Oh, and by the way, there’s an item in the game called a CD.

This is a CD.

Regardless of which mode you’re playing, if you see one of these, be absolutely sure to grab it. If you want to know why, it’s because CDs are the way you add to your music selection.​

So yea, this feature is great, i did start getting sick of some of the songs i had to listen to in Melee while i was fighting (although most of the time i wasn't listening)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Munchlax

Munchlax is the pre-evolved form of Snorlax.

It slowly walks around.

It’s extremely carefree, but it’s said to be the glutton of the Pokémon...

An item appeared!

Don’t eat that!

I guess Munchlax is a bit of an item hog. Any item it gets, it eats! It’s kind of hard to tell it to stop, though.​

OUCH, thats gotta hurt for the Munchlax supporters out there, although im not a munchlax supporter, i feel your pain *reminisces about deoxys*

I just thought of something, if he eats any items he comes across, and he sees a Pokeball...wouldn't that be cannibalism?

Discuss

tijmenzwaan

Smash Rookie
I just thought of something, if he eats any items he comes across, and he sees a Pokeball...wouldn't that be cannibalism?

Discuss
lol, nicely thought of. but it would depend on which pokemon is in the ball. if it would be another munchlax or snorlax, it would be cannibalism. :psycho:
also I like the music extra. but I think it's going to be very irritating if you see a cd on the battlefield when you're in a serious fight. you will think, o my god, maby i have'nt got that one yet. run run run grab. get beat the crap out of yourself by your friend. ah i already had that cd 5 times. crap.

Snakz

Smash Ace
When will Munchlax stop eating items? He cant just eat them all! (the reference wasn't intentional)

Actually he'll probably stop when he's in several pieces

Hey Fierce, you wana take tomorrows update?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well ill be done with my first class around 10, ill have time then, you think you can do it before then, or should i just do it?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Lyn

A young girl from the Sacae plains, Lyn (whose true name is Lyndis) makes a guest appearance from the Game Boy Advance game Fire Emblem.

Lyn descends gallantly. She looks tough.

She wields what looks like a classical Japanese sword, so she’s similar to Samurai Goroh, but her sword strokes are a little different from his reckless slashing.

She crouches and builds up power...

She vanished?!

The flash of a blade!

You’ll get helplessly cut down if you suffer a solid blow from this blade. If you call her forth as your ally, grab your enemies to make them easier for her to hit.​

Another blow from Sakurai, ouch

Again, im not fan of the fire emblem series, but can still understand losing your character hopeful

Sakurai has got to give us a good character update this week to make it up to the people he's upset, makes me wonder who it would be....

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
She looks pretty cool looking. Another character from the Fire Emblem. I dunno if Marth is even going to be in Brawl or not.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Battleship Halberd

It has arrived! The Battleship Halberd! It’s Meta Knight’s battleship...isn’t it?

This warship’s bow is dazzling!

This stage begins in a hangar on the high seas. The platform follows the Halberd as it departs.

Ooooh. It’s so dynamic!

Eventually, you land on the ship’s deck.

What you see in the background is a double-barreled battery. With an arm.

Use extreme caution near the double-barreled battery! It launches beams and missiles and even attacks with its arm.

Dodge it well and try to make it hit your foe!

The Battleship Halberd appears not only in multiplayer Brawl stages, but also plays a very important role in The Subspace Emissary. That role is something you’ll have to look forward to.​

**** you Sakurai and you mind games! i thought for sure he was gonna reveal a character today, ill have to wait for that

Its about time he revealed it, although i dont believe we've ever had the actual stage attack the characters before, have we?. Sure there was Corneria, but those were fox's team mates, not the actual stage. This stage got very interesting now

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
That stage looks sweet. Man, Brawl should just come out now. lolz

@olimar

I'd actually prefer Roy over Marth cuz Roy is better than Marth.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Sure thing Fierce, you got tomorrows update then

Yea, its kinda depressing how no one comes here anymore, except for Chari here (good on ya Chari!) but, we have a spam free way of delivering the updates when people cant check the dojo, or just dont feel like it, so thats good enough to keep going

Although there wasn't a whole lot to discuss about this stage today, except waht the claw would do to people, maybe just throw them around?

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Sure thing Fierce, you got tomorrows update then

Yea, its kinda depressing how no one comes here anymore, except for Chari here (good on ya Chari!) but, we have a spam free way of delivering the updates when people cant check the dojo, or just dont feel like it, so thats good enough to keep going

Although there wasn't a whole lot to discuss about this stage today, except waht the claw would do to people, maybe just throw them around?
Or scratch them or something.. Yeah, no one is ever around here.. Maybe it IS our spam-free way? We whould spam more..nah, never mind. This thread doesn't get too many people, in fact barely anyone goes here.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The new game mode update is up in Japan. It looks like some sort of customizable thing, like stock or time matches, damage % measurements, items, looks, etc. :)

Edit: It's up in the USA, and looks like a GOOD and NEAT improvement! :)

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
What is Special Brawl?!

This is a mode that lets you apply special rules to normal brawls to customize your favorite ways to play!

This is the Special Brawl Screen!

As you can see, you can apply a variety of rules at the same time. Before, you could only choose one, like Giant Melee, so this is a pretty cool step forward.

First, let’s try putting on the Bunny Hood.

And then add metal...

When you do this, you apply that characteristic from the start of the match to the end.

You can see the effects on the side of the screen, which is kind of fun. And getting the caption up above is also nice.

It’s a Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow Angled Brawl!

And that’s how you fight!

Please try out a variety of different Brawl settings.​

Blah blah awesome update blah blah omfgz teh haxorz the boards will crash blah blah discuss. I'm out, later.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Let's hope there will still be some more customizability, like the ability to change the Stamina mode HP.

Otherwise, I hope this isn't the major update Sakurai was preparing for.
With a start like this, the week should end in a frikkin EXPLOSION.

Of good stuff.

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
Looks like theres not much choices, but hopefully you can unlock more options to make it even more hectic.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I really like the update, i dont know why people dont like it, i think its cool. Sure there could be more choices, but with a 4 player max and any more options, it might start slowing the game down

If anything, this most likely confirms a lot of returning items

Stryks

Smash Hero
I like the update, super long name brawl FTW, BUT I was expecting something so much better, I guess its wrong to have ur hopes up so high...

seriously sakurai 2 straight weeks with meh to its ok updates, give us something EPIC...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
tomorrow better be a WTF character equal to PKMN trainer in randomness and a subspace emissary update that literally blows our minds.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers

The one in blue is Popo. The one in pink is Nana. And the two of them get along great! ...I think.

These two move as a pair, with Nana automatically following along. There’s safety in numbers—protect and be protected!

Wow, i did not see that comin, i like the Ice Climbers though, so im glad to see them return

And, whoa, they dropped their mallets, interesting....

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy...not the gay climbers lol kidding . It's an ok update. I'm not that thrilled...

Top Bottom