• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
The curry looks pretty decent,but how will people like normal Samus eat it with a helmet on? Also,Meta-knight's special moves and Retro Andross FTW!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
The curry looks pretty decent,but how will people like normal Samus eat it with a helmet on? Also,Meta-knight's special moves and Retro Andross FTW!
...the curry update was yesterday...

but i find it funny that they release meta-knights special moves, without releasing the character update yet. this really almost confirms that they wont release his update until after the game is released, as he will be unlockable...has it ever happened before that a character appeared in an update (not a movie, like peach) before getting their offical update?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Four Special Move Types

The actions that really define the personality of each character are special moves! In Brawl, you can do four different moves with just one button and different directional tilts on the Control Stick.

These are the four types. Control for each is quite simple.

<Standard special moves>

Many of these are basic attacks, like the firing of a weapon.
(Normal Special Move: Mach Tornado)

<Side special moves>

These are bold attacks that launch in the direction you tilt the stick.
(Side Special Move: Triple Dash)

<Up special moves>

These are crucial. They’re used to do high jumps and for recovering when you’re falling off the stage.
(Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop)

<Down special moves>

Many of these do unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks.
(Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape)

Our model was Meta Knight.

To enjoy more of the depth of special moves, try holding the button down longer to charge up attacks, rapidly pressing the button repeatedly, or tilting the Control Stick while doing the moves. You might also want to try them in midair.

Surprisingly, there’s a variety of hidden uses for many of them.​

Well, even though we know most about meta knight, Sakurai still refuses to make an official update on him, he's gotta be a secret character

You can post the Andross update, Fierce

Discuss

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Meta Knight moves set really look sick, but I still think that pokemon trainer mves set look the best. (Three Pokemon FTW)

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
^Spamming in their own update thread..

Andross/AT

It’s the old enemy of the Star Fox team, Andross! He appears here in his original form, the one with the most impact.

Whoa! He’s huge.

He swiftly moves to the back of the scene...

And begins inhaling...

Then he spits polygonal panels out of his mouth!

Like a meteor storm, these panels come flying from the back of the scene to the front. Um, what am I supposed to call these things, anyway?

They just keep flying out like crazy!

"Only I have the brains to rule Lylat!"

Uh...OK. He said it, not me...​

"Uh Ok He said it, not me" Lmao, you win again Sakurai. But, no metroid update equals EPIC FRIKKIN FAIL FOR YOU...

And Snakz, we'll need someone new. I won't be able to take care of any more updates. I think.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer: Special Moves

The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!

<Squirtle Up Special Move: Waterfall>

Squirtle splashes up the water torrent.

<Squirtle Side Special Move: Withdraw>

Is this the turtle’s so-called shell? It slides along the ground.

<Ivysaur Standard Special Move: Bullet Seed>

It fires a rapid seed barrage straight up in the air!

<Ivysaur Up Special Move: Vine Whip>

It can grab the edge with its whip! That was TOO close!

<Charizard Standard Special Move: Flamethrower>

We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all.

<Charizard Side Special Move: Rock Smash>

It smashes rocks with its head. Bam! A solid hit from this delivers a mighty blow!!

Supplement your shortcomings and take advantage of your strengths. You must cooperate to push on!​

I really dont know why Sakurai didnt bother just giving us all of the special moves, i guess it'd take too much space

Discuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
Gliding

Characters like Pit, Meta Knight and the Pokémon Trainer’s Charizard are envied at first glance for their wings.

Rumor has it they can use those wings to sail through sky like gliders. But that can’t be true, can it?

They... They’re really flying!

Magnificent!

From the perspective of the rules of Smash, I sense that mastering this skill could be quite beneficial. That is, IF you can master it...

First, do a midair jump!

If you continue holding the jump button, you’ll start gliding.

You don’t have to hold down the jump button, though. At the peak of your midair jump, you can also rapidly tilt the Control Stick backward to forward to link the jump to a glide.

Tilt the stick down (or forward) to angle down.

Tilt the stick up (or back) to aim high.

Since it’s glider-style flight, you fly based on how you’re angled. You can control both your angle and your speed by pitching your "nose" up or down.

You can’t change direction, though, so be careful!

If you stall out in midair or get attacked, your flight will get cancelled.​

Why do i get the feeling these flying characters are gonna be next to impossible to kill unless at really high percentages, hopefully they got the light weight thing going (Charizard, the flying heavy wiehgt, OH SH*T!)

Discuss

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
WarioWare/Stage

In the WarioWare games, you must master a variety of microgames in 5 seconds, making them the fastest and shortest games ever. You might want to look into it in more detail.

In trying to recreate that atmosphere in Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve created an outrageous stage!

Stay dry!

Dodge!

Jump!

Wh-what the heck is this? What is going on? What kind of joke is this?

For each challenge you clear, there is, of course, a reward.

The typical screen looks like this.

Ah, what floor would you like, Smash?​

Awesome stage. Awesome update (duh, it's friday.) I won't be using it much cause it seems annoying trying to fight while doing all that stuff, but fun and challenging.

Discuss. You take the other one, Snakz.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
WarioWare/Stage

In the WarioWare games, you must master a variety of microgames in 5 seconds, making them the fastest and shortest games ever. You might want to look into it in more detail.

In trying to recreate that atmosphere in Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve created an outrageous stage!

Stay dry!

Dodge!

Jump!

Wh-what the heck is this? What is going on? What kind of joke is this?

For each challenge you clear, there is, of course, a reward.

The typical screen looks like this.

Ah, what floor would you like, Smash?​

Awesome stage. Awesome update (duh, it's friday.) I won't be using it much cause it seems annoying trying to fight while doing all that stuff, but fun and challenging.

Discuss. You take the other one, Snakz.
This stage looks like it's gonna be really bad tournament wise, but the concept is just plain COOL. This>>>>>>Flatzone

Snakz

Smash Ace
I like the stage and the idea behind, but i find it would probably get annoying trying to get the other players to cooperate to back to the regular stage form

Imagine, for a short while, all of the rivalries set aside for this....*sob* haha

Snakz

Smash Ace
Pit's Decent

The invasion by the Subspace Army has engulfed terra firma in chaos. One angel watching the scene from the heavens receives an imperial order from the goddess Palutena and embarks on a journey.

Well this movie doesn't tell us THAT much, everyone guessed that was palutena in the subspace essmisary screenshots

So we still dont know wat happens to Kirby and the others, i should think we should find out in the next movie/ subspace update

Discuss

@Fierce, ill try gettin them all this week

Chari

Smash Apprentice
I have this feeling that something cool is going to happen this week with these updates. I wanna know more about the Subspace Emissary.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If they give us a BIG SE update that reveals a character that would be great... lets not forget the conference they are having as well...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Im just wondering how much of the story line they're gonna reveal before the game's release, and what if the story line branches out? how would Sakurai be able to show us other SE updates?

And I still wanna know about other characters, especially the villains, if we'll be able to play as them too, or maybe we get to play as all of them as the story progresses, or just a few if the story branches into other directions. What if you get more story line options once you've unlocked more characters, the possibilities are endless!

I absolutely love these SE updates, keep em comin Sakurai

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im presuming he is only showing us the begging of each characters SE bit (Or when they appear in it).

Snakz

Smash Ace
I never noticed this, but it says in todays update that "The invasion by the Subspace Army has engulfed terra firma in chaos."

Am i just uninformed about what that world was called or is terra firma something new?

Smash Ace
so the smashtastic universe is called Terra Firma?
those two words never quite hit me--till now.

this game is going to use Halo3 to wipe its butt.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Terra is like earth or something (Don't take my word of it) but i think it might just be what earth is called in the Kid Icarus game's OR it might be the actual place where all the angels and what not live.

I doubt its the smash world...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong: Special Moves

For some reason, Diddy has a weapon made of wood. Is that jungle technology?

<Standard Special Move: Peanut Popgun>

It’s a peanut shooter!

This is Diddy’s projectile weapon. You can boost the speed of your shots by holding down the button...

But if you hold it down too long, the gun explodes, so be careful.

Also, if the shell breaks and a peanut pops out, you can apparently eat the peanut.

You recover a little damage when you eat it. Is this for real?

<Up Special Move: Rocketbarrel Boost>

It’s a double-barreled jet engine!

If you charge this up before using it, your jump power increases. And if you tilt the Control Stick left or right while charging it up...

You can even curve your flight path!

If you get attacked while riding your Rocketbarrel Blast, you’ll lose your barrels...and they can sometimes go flying away on their own.

Danger! Danger!

Sorry about the lateness, and yea i guess i was being stupid about the terra firma thing :urg:

So yea, not much here, coulda predicted these moves for Diddy a mile away, although i like the edible peanut and rocket course change idea, some new little things that make him that much better

Well, im certainly not expecting anyone to post in here until tomorrows update, hahah...:ohwell:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah these moves were way too predictible IMO, would have prefered a final smashor something... seriously ONE CHARACTER is all im asking, and were bound to have music this week IMO...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Apart from me!

But seriously whats up with all the explosion? i mean the gun didn't need to explode but it does XD (Lets hope for more little twists like this in other characters).

Edit: Maybe i should actually start quoting people now a days...

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
It seems for every awesome thing in this game, there will always be something to make it even for the other players..Like Diddy's moves.

Yeah, that was too predictable. DK64 was always the best DK game ever. (off topic, I know.)

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that almost all standard moves are projectiles..And almost all of the newcomer's special up moves are a little bit unfair, ESPECIALLY gliding *except they can't change directions, HAHA!*

Snakz

Smash Ace
I get a strong feeling we're getting a newcomer this week, maybe even tomorrow, and i think it'll a lot of people's wishes (ex: Ridley, Olimar) and if not a newcomer, then a veteran, i just wanna see another character this week really bad, then ill be satisfied for a while.

By the way, i just noticed Sakurai hasnt given us pokeball update since mid-july, i guess there's not many additions worth mentioning, although he can leave it like that for all i care, ill just check them out when the game comes out.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Meta Knight

It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?

Despite being almost all head, his mask and cape exude coolness. He overwhelms enemies with his mach-speed sword!

Well, i didnt think they were gonna reveal him until the game's release, but man was i wrong. I thought he was gonna be a secret character, which could've been the reason they weren't gonna show him

EDIT: forgot to add something, oh and sorry for the double post

Not counting Snake (secret character), we have 18 starters (assuming all characters revealed are starters), thats already exceeded the starters from melee, and getting close to matching the number of all playable characters in melee. Since we're creeping up to release time, and we probably dont have many more characters to go before then.

We have 13 weeks until Brawls release, im doubting we'll be gettin any more of the character per week thing anymore, but we could. If the "one character/week" still holds, we got 13 more starters to come, wow.

So if the above is true, who could fit the 13 blank starter spots? I can think of few, but not 13.

Ok, enough of my rambling

Discuss

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't think all of the characters on the website are starters, but they could easily put 13 more chars on the website.

1.Caption Falcon
2.Luigi
3.Jigglypuff
4.Ness/Lucas (don't care really)
5.Marth/Black Knight
6.Gannondorf
7.Ridley
8.King Dedede
9.Snake
10.Sonic
11.Wolf/Krystal/Falco
12.Captain Olimar
13.Mewtwo/Lucario

And thats not even counting other possible chars like...

14. Game and Watch
15. Ice Climbers
16. Midna/Wolf Link
17. Geno
18. Megaman
19. Bomberman
20. Wind Waker link
21. Paper Mario
22. Black Shadow

And thats already more then enough charactures I expect maby a third of the charactures I mentioned to make it in the game.

Snakz

Smash Ace
^Well, of course i could think if way more than 13 characters to put in, im talking about STARTERS, Snake and Sonic dont count as that, and seeing as how some characters stayed secret in their transition from SBB64 to Melee, ill bet some characters will stay way, like Jigglypuff and Luigi. Also dont forget G&W and IC's were secret characters, if they stay, they might stay that way. Of course i could be wrong

Now of course there are plenty of characters to fill the 13 spots (now that i think about it :) ), but like i said, i doubt Sakurai will reveal 13 more characters before the release, and you could be right, maybe all the characters revealed arent starters, but im gonna bet they are. But if they reveal Snake before release, then my theory of all starters revealed goes down the drain.

Anyways, im eager to see who'd win in a fight, Meta or Pit??

Stryks

Smash Hero
WTF ICs werent scret characters...

also sakurai mentioned IF luigi DOES return, he wont be a secret anymore, I bet same goes for jiggly...

Snakz

Smash Ace
@ Stryks

Right, about the IC's thing, yea sorry bout that

and the Luigi thing...really? you have a link? Cause i dont remember him ever saying that

But yea, its certainly possible they wont be secret characters, but given they havent appeared yet on the Dojo, ill stick with "they will still be secret"

Sir James

The Doctor
That is IF Jiggly returns... apparently she has been losing popularity in Japan.

Maybe in Japan, but remember that this game is popular worldwide. Sakurai has stated before that he is trying to please everyone and not just one country (for example, only thinking about Japan). Jigglypuff has a good chance of returning, although after the Pokemon Trainer update her chances may have decreased a little.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Jiggly only got in because she was popular in Japan... it isnt exactly like the rest of the world care about her.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Pokemon Stadium 2

The previous game, Super Smash Bros. Melee, featured Pokémon Stadium, but it’s been upgraded for this game into Pokémon Stadium 2.

This time around, you’ll see guest Pokémon appearing in the background.

Ordinarily, it’s a fairly orthodox stage when nothing special is happening.

But as time passes, the terrain transforms into four different types:
"Electric," "Ground," "Flying," and "Ice."

When it transforms into Ice, things get extremely slippery!

A mountain of earth appears in the middle of the screen for the Ground stage!

On the Flying stage, everyone’s jump abilities get boosted!

For these four transformations, we’ve chosen types that were not present in Melee.

Terrain that changes suddenly makes fights excitingly unpredictable.​

Was it really necessary to call it stadium 2? I like coliseum better

Mario: Special Moves

<Down Special Move: F.L.U.D.D.>

It appears Mario has a new special move! It’s F.L.U.D.D.

He really is carrying F.L.U.D.D. on his back!

Tilt the Control Stick down and press the B Button to charge up...

Hose ‘em down! Blast those enemies away.

It does absolutely no damage—it’s just for sending opponents great distances. You can even charge it up while shielding. It’s best used in critical moments.

Huh? What happened to the down special move he’s had up until now—the Mario Tornado?

He still seems to have this move, though.
Eh? Is it a normal attack?!

Well, i certainly wasn't expecting a change in Mario's moves at all

Most people have been saying the Mario Tornado has now become one of his aerial A attacks, but isn't it possible that it is still Mario's down B, just in the air? Despite what Sakurai might say about the update, he might be deceiving us IMO, I think it's just the down B in the air.

Discuss

Top Bottom