• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
This forum is for the discussion of Dojo updates found on Smashbros.com. Soon, it will be closed to moderators only once a few changes go live. For now, please refrain from making new topics about subjects that already exist.

Unfortunately, these official topics won't always exist at exactly 2am. Therefor, you may use this topic to discuss Dojo updates that do not yet have an official post on Smashboards.

Do not speculate about future updates here. Keep this topic as topical as possible. Spam will make Scavvie quite unhappy.

Sariku

Smash Master
So your saying in this we need to talk about past updates, most likely the Smoke Ball? Hmm, again, sounds kinda like the other threads we got here, but if it keeps Spam down, I'm all for it Scav^^

I think the Smoke Ball will be a great Party Item, hoping that the Party Ball will be left out of this game, as it really annoyed me truthfuly. I could just see this hitting the ground and making smoke go everywhere... I wonder how long it lasts, or how thick it truly is... Wario would be deadly in this!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Nice going. Maybe we would get some order around here.

By the way, where is my composer thread going to go? Will it stay at the general board or will it be moved here? I mean since you moved Sakuri's General Brawl Info thread here, and my thread is based on updates so....

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Okay,so the old thread is closed,so what is this one for? I'm confused about the purpose of this.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
When an update comes a topic is made! but you can talk about the update UNTILL that topic is made here.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
When an update comes a topic is made! but you can talk about the update UNTILL that topic is made here.

So say Peach is revealed tonight,a topic will made about her,and when it's made we can't talk about her on this thread anymore?

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
Before I make it and get the B& hammer, I'd like to ask if a sequel to our deceased thread is in order.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
This thread is for: predicting, and saying "woot I was right." Discussion about the updates should go in the official thread, or the general update thread.

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
This thread is for: predicting, and saying "woot I was right." Discussion about the updates should go in the official thread, or the general update thread.
You sure this post wanst supposed to go in the OMG Prediction thread?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Well look at that. I can't keep track. Time to rename the topics.

You are correct, this is for discussion of Dojo updates that do not yet have official topics.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
So,whos going to make the topic on whatever tonight? Also,to (partially) start this thread off,looking back on all of the past updates what would you say are the Top 5 best and Top 5 worst updates so far?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
great idea scav but there is one flaw in your plan and one question

when an interesting update is updated around 5 threads get popped up already

now with this rule everyone will scramble to make the first "official thread"

secondly

question: is the official thread made here or at general brawl discussion/character/stage discussion areas

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why not make "official thread makers" assign them to different Nights and Problem solved!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Just for organization's sake, I think each official update topic should include the title, date in parentheses.

Example:
"Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary (Friday, August 3rd, 2007)"

EDIT: If we get to choose which update we get to report / make official, can I take Peach's character confirmation? =)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
All these new changes are screwing with my head. I can't keep up with which thread is for what kind of discussion. It's all very scary.

YOU'RE ALL FREE-THINKING LIBERALS. YOU'RE DANGEROUS. DOWN WITH CHANGE. *hides under school desk until the hurricane has passed*

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
great idea scav but there is one flaw in your plan and one question

when an interesting update is updated around 5 threads get popped up already

now with this rule everyone will scramble to make the first "official thread"

secondly

question: is the official thread made here or at general brawl discussion/character/stage discussion areas
You are correct. Which will suck. Please be gentle on your friendly neighborhood modding staff.

This will be fixed when upcoming changes go live. This forum will be set so that only mods can post new topics.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Ok, tonights update will be a stage, or I think it can be Peach. It Would be sick if it was both, a stage and Peach. Two updates FTW.

Wow, this forum has changed.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
I don't understand this new thread at all.Halp!
what!!! one liner jk

anyway here is my understanding

this thread will be the place that people disguss the new update until it has an official thread

when that thread is created people must now discuss the update in that thread

of course not all updates are big enough for a thread so i'm guessing that there will be threads for each character (in the character discussion area), threads for each stage (in the stage discussion area), one general item thread, one at and pokemon thread, one music thread, one general fs thread, one new techniques thread, and big updates will get own threads (adventure mode)

two threads are also just for updates,

the official brawl info thread is more general update talking, and the omg thread is for predictions

this will be probably hectic in the first few weeks but soon only mods can make threads in this area bringing order

"looks at post"

ahhhhhhh i'm turning into a mod :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Scav
IMO this is a smart move

@topic: id like for double updates to happen again...like they did with Kirby and Pikachu's profile. i figured with the Smoke bomb item update being as relatively insignficant as it was, that maybe Sakurai could give up two item updates. oh well maybe we'll get a Peach/Metaknight double. that would be cash money

Star105

Smash Journeyman
@Scav
IMO this is a smart move

@topic: id like for double updates to happen again...like they did with Kirby and Pikachu's profile. i figured with the Smoke bomb item update being as relatively insignficant as it was, that maybe Sakurai could give up two item updates. oh well maybe we'll get a Peach/Metaknight double. that would be cash money
well.... it looks like we got alot of really GOOD info last week so im not expecting that much info this week besides items,music, AT's and maybe a character

on topic: the smoke bomb can have really good uses for characters who can't seem to charge up their attacks before getting hit though alot of people don't see the point in this update.............

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Just wondering...who will be creating the new threads for each update? It would kind of suck if six people created a Dojo update thread at the same time. Maybe we should make it so only mods can create threads here. Also, a minor uniformity suggestion, but I think the titles of each Dojo Update thread should have the same format. Something like Aug. 06 Mon. 2007: Smoke Ball

Dynamism

Smash Lord
@Scav
IMO this is a smart move

Yeah, I totally forgot they were the same day, that was good. Zelda and Yoshi SM double update.
I can smell it now!
Yoshi anyway...

well.... it looks like we got alot of really GOOD info last week so im not expecting that much info this week besides items,music, AT's and maybe a character

on topic: the smoke bomb can have really good uses for characters who can't seem to charge up their attacks before getting hit though alot of people don't see the point in this update.............
Yeah, it'll be a quiet week for sure.
You smoke bomb thing gave me an idea. What if you couldn't grab, block, roll, charge attacks, ect in the smoke. It makes sense and would be cool with that use but I doubt it's the case...

Edit: what am I saying, I can totally smell Zelda!!!!

- druel -

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Just wondering...who will be creating the new threads for each update? It would kind of suck if six people created a Dojo update thread at the same time. Maybe we should make it so only mods can create threads here. Also, a minor uniformity suggestion, but I think the titles of each Dojo Update thread should have the same format. Something like Aug. 06 Mon. 2007: Smoke Ball
That's what the plan is. They just need to. . . do something before they can make that happen. Or something.

Read the rest of the thread, Scav mentioned it.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Also yeah. Needs more double updates.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yeah, a double update would be sweet! A Peach and Captain Falcon update FTW! That or special moves,since we haven't had them in a while(hopefully Ike's)

nuro

Smash Lord
All I can say is what took you so long. I thought of having a new thread like this when the site was first getting updates. This reminds me exactly of the time when the only things we could post about brawl had to be in one thread. All I can say is that you moderators are lagging with ideas.

And when Brawl does come out be sure to get a new forum that allows us to look for players and get their friend codes so we can face them at that specific time. It will make the whole friendcode ordeal a lot simpler. And also dont take months before making the thread just make it on day one.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
@Scav
If reorganizing the website cuts down on some of the repeated discussions and spam, then I'm all for it!
@del money
I agree. The updates have been missing those ever so sweet double posts. Even if they aren't done everyday, it'd still be nice to see them a bit more often. Still, you can really complain when every weekday you get a new tidbit about Brawl. Beggers can't be choosers. So maybe some updates are cooler than others (ie: Ike vs. Banana Peel... :p), at least it's something.
Also, I wonder if Sakurai needs clearance from the rest of his team or from Nintendo to reveal this stuff.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Well,this idea seems to be working all-right so far.... Maybe you'll be able to sift through the discussion and catch the spammers*Looks over shoulder*

bored

Smash Ace
What happened to the other top...
Uhh nevermind..I think the mod doesn't want us to have our fun..

Top Bottom