• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
About that AT Demon guy, I really don't know what to say..........it's o..k I guess. That Pokémon Trainer has really top it over, that Pokémon Trainer was the best update by far. I'm done for the week, Pokémon Trainer update was too good.
For real, everybody was expecting Peach, but we get a newcomer... and the newcomer is a character NOBODY expected to make it in.

Sakurai is a genius. XD

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Stickers/Game Modes

I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers.

Yes, the ones you slap on your notebook or skateboard or whatever. Stickers.

This...is a sticker.

Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards.

Stickers get filed away in your album.

There are big ones and small ones, all with different kinds of artwork. There’s a ton of variety.

Now stick one on! Sticky, sticky...

This is a fun extra mode where you can enjoy decorating things by putting stickers on them. You can even make single frame comics with them.

And rumor is, you can even save screenshots?!

PLEASE SAKURAI DO NOT REMOVE TROPHIES. *sorry for the late post, got myself "busy" with a girl after going to the theatre with a friend. I guess he did with another one, too.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Would be cool if you could decorate the menus with sticker i reckon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Theyre NOT gonna remove the trophies:

"Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies."
There u go, besides how can there be ATs if theyre are no throphies to summon them with...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Theyre NOT gonna remove the trophies:

"Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies."
There u go, besides how can there be ATs if theyre are no throphies to summon them with...
ok, sakurai specifically stated trophies returning. good.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
ok, sakurai specifically stated trophies returning. good.
Don't get me wrong, I think trophies will remain in the game, but that statement doesn't necessarily mean trophies will stay. He could be saying 'stickers are easier to collect than trophies,' as in, 'they replace trophies as an easier method of acheivement for casuals and kiddies.'

But trophies will stay, since they're a part of the main story.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
trophies should definetly return, otherwise I wouldn't understand why Sakurai included AT's but not regular trophies, as for the sticker...they suck imo

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I think the stickers are a bit boring compared to the last two awesome updates,but there sill not bad.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Sorry, off topic, but wasn't there a countdown thread made? Can't find it...

But, anyway, I have faith that he'd be starter. I mean... why would he ruin a "surprise" like that?

Remember, we have less than four months worth of updates until the game comes out.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Stickers as the new "trophies" is an interesting thing, or did they just do it like an interactive feature, for example most of the features of Mario Paint.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Stickers as the new "trophies" is an interesting thing, or did they just do it like an interactive feature, for example most of the features of Mario Paint.
I wish I could answer, but I've never played Mario Paint because it looked like a MASSIVE waste of money.
Is it any good?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
How.... DARE you, pyros! lol.

Actually, it was kind of those games where you make it fun. If you don't have any creativity, then it'll fail to please you.

But, anyway, in those few pics they showed us and the info they presented, they didn't say anything about these being the "information" items like trophies were.

VA

Smash Hero
Update is up on the Japanese website :)

Pretty average looking if you ask me, but cool to know that even as ZSS Samus can grapple.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Tether Recovery/How to Play

You know that Zero Suit Samus has a Plasma Whip, right? But you may not know that she can use it for recovery.

Samus is falling! This looks bad!

She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!

Whew, that was a close one.

She can retract it to bring her to the ledge.

Moves like that can be pretty thrilling. And it’s not exclusive to Zero Suit Samus... Other characters can do it, too!

Atleast we know her up special move is that, but still it was pretty lame IMO.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You must recover with Banana Peels!

I claim that it is her side-b!
We must now duel for our honor! *slaps in the face with a white glove*

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yay Peach is finally here! Strange week though, no stages and 2 new characters

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace

The princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach is once again joining the battle! She’ll do what she has to, even when she’s all dressed up.

She can silence both Mario and Bowser with her floating jumps and Toad defense. This is no time to get kidnapped.

Awesome update. yeah, 2 characters, no stage.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Pokemon stadium was obviously confirmed in the lower left hand picture, I mean there is a stadium and the pokemon symbol is in the background. About time Peach was confirmed though.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
70 updates left before December. Maximum of eleven new characters they could show us unless things break the once-a-week chain. One in seven chance of getting a new character, the olds ones waiting to be confirmed marks it down from fourteen.

The other 56...Up for grabs.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I expected this update...

anyway anyone else noticed the poses screenshots they have been putting in the upper right corner with Ike, PT and now peach? something tells me its there intros before the match begins... just a hunch...

Snakz

Smash Ace
I expected this update...

anyway anyone else noticed the poses screenshots they have been putting in the upper right corner with Ike, PT and now peach? something tells me its there intros before the match begins... just a hunch...
That would be awesome if they brought that back from SSB64, although the peach pose could deffinetly be that, no one knows about Ike and PT, they're completely new, so we'll have to wait and see

Snakz

Smash Ace
The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently.

<Side Special Move: Gale Boomerang>

Gale Boomerang!

The Gale Boomerang deals damage when thrown at an enemy, but when it comes back, it also lightly pulls the foe’s body.

<Standard Special Move: Hero’s Bow>

The Hero’s Bow! It’s fast.

<Down Special Move: Bomb>

Are these bombs made by Barnes?

<Up Special Move: Spin Attack>

You can charge up the Spin Attack!

<Grab: Clawshot>

All this and the Clawshot, too!

You can use the Clawshot to perform life-saving tether recoveries by aiming at available ledges.

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

Of course, it doesn't mean a thing if it can't reach its target...

Sorry bout the doublepost

So yea, Link's special moves, lots of tweaks, can you say higher tier?​

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
holy crap Snakz. I kept refreshing the Brawl page and couldn't see the new update (kept seeing only Peach's update) and was wondering why no one posted about the lack of update today.

Then you posted and the moment after I saw your post, I refreshed the Dojo and it worked!

You've clearly got some sort of magical powers over my internet connection. That or you're an incredibly fast poster.

Snakz

Smash Ace
OMGZ, my computer is magical!!!??!?!11

Well i refreshed the dojo right at 3am (which is when it updates in NY), and no one had posted anything about it for about a half hours, so i said screw it and posted it my self

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
yeah but you see, i'm ALSO in NY...

So naturally I was freaking out when I woke up and opened up the Dojo and I saw Peach staring at me. I refreshed the page like a gazillion times, but I still got yesterday's page (w/ the Peach update on top).

The moment I saw your post though, I was like "where'd he get all that from?" and I refreshed the Dojo and wala, I got today's update.

Clearly some omnipotent force wanted me to witness the gale boomerang from your post before the Dojo itself.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
<Up Special Move: Spin Attack>

You can charge up the Spin Attack!
NOOOOOOOOOOO! As if it wasn't easy enough to seperate my Nana from me! :(

Nice update. Good tweaks. But it looks like they shortened his tether recovery range. Will his Spin attack have more range(vertical)? Can you charge the spin attack in the air? Hmmmmmm.... Link's looking mighty sexy.

Top Bottom