• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Snakz

Smash Ace
A higher calling perhaps? maybe I should be the new Sakurai since i seem to have post his update for him XD

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently.

<Side Special Move: Gale Boomerang>

Gale Boomerang!

The Gale Boomerang deals damage when thrown at an enemy, but when it comes back, it also lightly pulls the foe’s body.

<Standard Special Move: Hero’s Bow>

The Hero’s Bow! It’s fast.

<Down Special Move: Bomb>

Are these bombs made by Barnes?

<Up Special Move: Spin Attack>

You can charge up the Spin Attack!

<Grab: Clawshot>

All this and the Clawshot, too!

You can use the Clawshot to perform life-saving tether recoveries by aiming at available ledges.

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

Of course, it doesn't mean a thing if it can't reach its target...

Sorry bout the doublepost

So yea, Link's special moves, lots of tweaks, can you say higher tier?​
Great, I do that all the time yet never appreciated for it. Thanks a lot, rsc. :rolleyes: Kidding.

I was asleep by the time the site got updated. Love the update though, but it is really random. Of course, it IS Sakurai we're talking about here. I don't think I'll be here for the next update. But, I might for Wednesday's update.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Love the clawshot

Love the charge up the spin attack addition

Love the gale boomerang

and what I love more is that he didnt waste one update on 2 moves, but the ENTIRE b moveset plus grab!! XD

Snakz

Smash Ace
Great, I do that all the time yet never appreciated for it. Thanks a lot, rsc. :rolleyes: Kidding.

I was asleep by the time the site got updated. Love the update though, but it is really random. Of course, it IS Sakurai we're talking about here. I don't think I'll be here for the next update. But, I might for Wednesday's update.
haha, my bad bro, we can all share the responsibility

Snakz

Smash Ace
Oooh, subspace army, lovin it!

Although waht i dont get is, in the first adventure update, Sakurai mentioned rules, and if those rules are broken, something terrible will happen

So does this Ancient Minister have anything to do with the consiquences of breaking those rules? cause Skaurai says in today's post that the army's goal is to break off peices of the world and bring them into subspace, is that the consequence, or is that something else?

And what happened to Master Hand? where does he fit into all this, if he does at all that is. What if the Ancient Minister and Master Hand are connected some how...more questions, less answers

Anyone care to discuss??

Sorry bout X2....again...

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Master Hand better have NOT GOTTEN replaced by a new sissy-*** mofo. Ok, I admit he looks kinda badass.

I care to discuss. And post the update. How about Petey Piranha? He better not be a character. or w/e, I really don't care. Poor Mario got OWNED.

And is Kirby supposed to fight Piranha? So amazing..You never cease to amaze me, Sakurai..

The Subspace Army/Game Modes/Adventure Mode

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/movi...This=true&TB_iframe=true&height=290&width=420

"The Subspace Emissary" storyline introduces a force of formless enemies called the Subspace Army. They are ruled by their commander, the Ancient Minister.

The Ancient Minister.

The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations.

Their objective is to cut apart the world and carry it into Subspace. They use what are called Subspace bombs to do so.

The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace bomb are needed to detonate the device.

When a Subspace bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace.

Kaboom! The stadium is engulfed!

This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.​

Awesome.. ****ing awesome.. Need I say more?

I'm a little curious on how the Subspace looks like.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Man, what happened to this thread, no one showed up in here for today's update except you Fierce, good on ya

I thought there was gonna be more people wanting to talk about the thread here, but i guess they've moved on... :ohwell:

Anyways, im guessing Master Hand is still with us, he's been the main villan of the SSB series, i seriously doubt Sakurai would forget about him and replace him with this dude, although i have to admit i LOVE the Ancient Minister's design.

It's been posted on other threads, but perhaps the Hands belong to the Ancient Minister?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Sweetness Diddy in Brawl!!

1/4, 3 left to go (im having serious doubts about skull kid, but i still support him)

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!
t

t​

Ive taken care of it FierceDeityWolf :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All right, thanks Snakz. You know, I'm probably leaving this job to you from now on. I mean, with school and all.

GREATEST. UPDATE. EVER. GOD BLESS YOU, SAKURAI. GOD BLESS YOU..
^^^^ Quote fro mthe truth! :grin:

Diddy rocks, he's gonna create his own style of fighting, and the same goes with Wario. Diddy entire moveset will be him beating the living s*** out of his opponents!

:laugh:

And it's sad no one posts here anymore, the other topics are kinda lame [outside of the the official Brawl update thread and maybe another]. ;)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yea, it is kinda sad, but at least we dont get any dumba$$ people *knock on wood*

there's not a whole lot to say about Diddy though, im just super excited that he'll be in brawl, all Sakurai needs to do is confirm Sonic, Ridley and Geno and i can die happy, hell, just Geno and that'll be enough for me.

@FierceDeityWolf

I dont know if can do it every day, but ill try ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just want to see Ridley and Ganon cofirmed and I'll be more than happy, but yea Diddy Kong really did deserve a spot since he's so awesome and obviously a unique way of moving around I guess

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I was really impressed by what Sakurai said about pics failing to capture Diddy's moving style. Not only does it make me curious, but it shows me a higher level of care for what he says in the updates than the impression I previously had.

...Hey guys. I need a good thread to talk about the updates that isn't filled with stupid and spam. Guess I'll be hanging here for a while.

Master Hand better have NOT GOTTEN replaced by a new sissy-*** mofo. Ok, I admit he looks kinda badass.
I agree, but I doubt Master Hand is replaced. In Melee, he was the boss of classic mode, and bowser for adventure. Since this emissary thing is the new adventure mode, I'm sure master hand will make a return appearance. If nothing else, they're almost obligated to give him a major cameo.

And is Kirby supposed to fight Piranha? So amazing..You never cease to amaze me, Sakurai..
I think the next part of the cut scene will be Kirby being beat by Petey, as harsh as it sounds. This whole movie is probably just part of the intro. The main reason I think so is because they showed us that the stadium blows up in the last pic. That probably means Kirby = lose, sadly.

I have a question-
In the last bit of the first movie the updates gave us, Peach and Zelda were in different poses than in the beginning of this one, and the Primids are gone in the second, as far as I can tell. Anyone think that there is a bit of a battle scene cut out of the Primids being destroyed?

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Welcome, Idfection. This thread needs more people, more posts, no spam. So, I'm glad to.

I agree, but I doubt Master Hand is replaced. In Melee, he was the boss of classic mode, and bowser for adventure. Since this emissary thing is the new adventure mode, I'm sure master hand will make a return appearance. If nothing else, they're almost obligated to give him a major cameo.
Yep, he's bound to appear. Either as a cameo or the final FINAL boss. Classic mode might return, too, with him as well as Crazy Hand. Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on Sakurai's decision.

I have a question-
In the last bit of the first movie the updates gave us, Peach and Zelda were in different poses than in the beginning of this one, and the Primids are gone in the second, as far as I can tell. Anyone think that there is a bit of a battle scene cut out of the Primids being destroyed?
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing. There probably was a battle scene, or it could've gone like this: After that last video *not the one on Tuesday* there was a battle, and when you won, the scene changed to the one in the new update. As far as I can tell, anyway.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Sorry for double.

Yoshi: Final Smash

<Super Dragon>

It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi—some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.

But whatever you call him, Yoshi’s true power will be seen here!

He’s gotten the oft-mentioned Smash Ball!

W-wings!

He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness. Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!

Being able to fly around is nice, as is giving undivided attention to his attacks. Yoshi can live as he likes, for a brief period of time.

Oh, to think it’s already over...

Sweeet. I'll leave the other one to you, Snakz. (:

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Well... The Yoshi final wasn't all that impressive in my opinion, but Sakurai didn't have a whole lot to work with anyway.

As hyped as everyone is getting over the Animal Crossing quote, I hope there will be someone to unlock, for their sakes. It would be disappointing for Sakurai to hint like that, and give nothing.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I love yoshi's FS, i completely forgot about those abilities he had in Super Mario World

And more with the AC stuff, the more things he reveals related to animal crossing, the more intriged i am to see if or who he put in for an AC rep, and im not even a fan of the game

This entire week has been amazing, but why do i get the feeling Sakurai is preping us for something for the end of the week. Some extremely good (new 3rd party char revealing?) or some thing really disappointing (i dont want to think of the bad things that could happen, haha), either that or he'll end the week really anti-climatically, with something kinda lame

...or it could just be that this whole week will be the best yet, that'd be fine with me

@Fierce

Alright, ill take tomorrow's

Almost feels like were designating a driver each time, haha

Wreked

Smash Lord
Missing Icon?

I was just looking at smashbros when I clicked on Viewing the Icons when i noticed that there looks like there is an empty space. Do you think an icon will fill this spot.

I was trying to figure out what it would be. I could think of online. I didn't think very hard but oh well. What's your thoughts on this.

And you think I should make a thread on this. If there is already link please.

Snakz

Smash Ace
^I wouldn't really bother with a thread on it, i seriously doubt that Sakurai is going to make a completely new category, besides, the ones he didn't have posts for were just inaccessible, they were still there

Wreked

Smash Lord
no, there are only seven menu's but seven boxes would look ugly, so he put an empty one just to mindgame you.
That's probaly true about the mindgaming but it just seemed odd to me that he did it that way. He could do seven with four on the top and the other three in the middle kinda like a pyramid.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
I love yoshi's FS, i completely forgot about those abilities he had in Super Mario World

And more with the AC stuff, the more things he reveals related to animal crossing, the more intriged i am to see if or who he put in for an AC rep, and im not even a fan of the game

TOM NOOK FTW

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
still no ****ing stage what the **** is with this, total bull****!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Petey Piranha

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!

He... He’s huge!

Too intense!

Locked in the iron cages he holds are the princesses, Peach and Zelda. He looks angry. Wh-what is he doing?

[/IMG]

He’s attacking with the iron cages!

You can save either Zelda or Peach, depending on which cage you damage more and subsequently break.

What will happen to the one you don’t save?!​

So petey is not a character after all, im eager to see what other bosses they will reveal

Discuss

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing. There probably was a battle scene, or it could've gone like this: After that last video *not the one on Tuesday* there was a battle, and when you won, the scene changed to the one in the new update. As far as I can tell, anyway.
Well, seems you were right. I was banking on this all being just intro movie material, but I guess I was just in a very melee-ish mindset. I'm glad to know I was wrong, and that brawl will have cut scenes between fights. It's obvious they're trying to leave behind their status as a multiplayer only series.

iMichael

Smash Lord
lol Im having this weird feeling that we will see King Boo as a boss and not as a playable character...well either way King Boo kicks a**

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok Im scared no for ridley, hope he aint petey-ized...

anyway cool update, the thing about only being able to save one means the story has diferent routes, maybe more than one or two, is this is true, u can clear the game 10 times and u can STILL find new routes...

Sakurai u are a GOD...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ok Im scared no for ridley, hope he aint petey-ized...

anyway cool update, the thing about only being able to save one means the story has diferent routes, maybe more than one or two, is this is true, u can clear the game 10 times and u can STILL find new routes...

Sakurai u are a GOD...
I don't think Petey in particular is any reason to worry about Ridley. Ridley's not the Petey of the Metroid world; he's the Bowser. Which of those bolded characters are playable? ;)

Not that I want to get hopes too high up, just saying that I doubt Petey is much of a threat for Ridley's playability.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I don't think Petey in particular is any reason to worry about Ridley. Ridley's not the Petey of the Metroid world; he's the Bowser. Which of those bolded characters are playable? ;)

Not that I want to get hopes too high up, just saying that I doubt Petey is much of a threat for Ridley's playability.
QFT, If anything, they'll probably use Mother Brain or Kraid for Samus's boss, Ridley got too much going for him in terms of the Metroid franchise and a Smash fanbase

Snakz

Smash Ace
Sorry about double post

Superspicy Curry

This is extremely spicy curry that seems to crackle with flames.

Is... Is it safe to eat that?

Of course, this is no ordinary food, because when you eat it...

It’s so spicy, flames shoot out of your mouth!

Is this funny? Is it a joke? You just keep spitting out flames.

This is different from the flames of a Fire Flower, because you continue spewing these flames as you perform attacks.

You can even do this!

You can do combos one would normally never think of. I’m not sure if it’s painful or fun.​

So yea, this kinda reminds me of the star, except instead of invincibility, you get super combo ability.

imagine if they allowed tourneys with items (presuming you can trn off exploding crates and barrels), this item, like some others of course, could turn the tables dramatically

Discuss

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
WTF we need more discussions here dammit. This is the only update thread with no spam and no body goes here. I guess they think spam is fun.

Anyway, dammit we got a Kirby related item. I want something Metroid Related tomorrow!!! COME ON MP3, then again Sakurai is really unpredictable and won't update with something metroid related. The item looks fun, though. Definitely not for tourneys tho..

Snakz, you're now the official updater. It's been a good time serving this topic. *sob sob* jk

MP3 tomorrow=WIN.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If I dont get ANYTHING metroid related this week i will personalyl hunt down sakuriai with my shotgun in hand asking him WTF with pokemon trainer?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If I dont get ANYTHING metroid related this week i will personalyl hunt down sakuriai with my shotgun in hand asking him WTF with pokemon trainer?

I would like to see that lol..but anyway I really am hoping for a metroid related update tomorrow as for this Spicy Curry update, it's HOT!!

Snakz

Smash Ace
@FierceDeityWolf

I cant do it every day, i just started school today so only on mondays, wednesdays and fridays, ill have time in the morning those days, but you can take tuesdays and thurdays

Maybe it'll a Metroid stage? we haven't had either in a while

Top Bottom