• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
This is pretty sad for me. Tomorrow's update will be my last update I'll ever look at again, because I leave for the Navy this Tuesday (technically I leave tomorrow, but it's a long story that I don't really wanna go into right now).

I hope it's good. =D

EDIT: And I think I might've posted in the wrong topic. This was meant to be in the prediction thread. My mistakes.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Trophies. (Trophies, Super Smash Brothers Melee)

What are trophies? These are solid objects that appear as prizes and offer explanations of characters!

You can check out the poses and learn the background of a variety of characters.

Characters in solid form, complete with explanations!

You can view them from a variety of angles. Whirrrrrreeee...

You’re going to get a lot of these, so we’ve added images of them to the list to make them easier to identify.

You can arrange them by series.

And you can line them all up. This can’t be outdoors, can it?

Take a look at these, for example, if you want to learn more about a character you saw in the background in Smash. Or when your interest in a particular character’s back story has been piqued and you want to learn more about them.

Having trophies that explain your characters is quite useful.

And, in a bonus mode, you can even create something like this.

Choose several trophies and place them however you like!

You can even change the background. It’s all up to you.

Since we’ve gone to the trouble of gathering all these universes together, I hope you’ll enjoy gaining a deeper understanding of these characters. It’s with that intent that we’re all working so hard.

Hahahahahahah and **** you to every one that said that trophies were replaced by stickers

Snakz

Smash Ace
Thanks for postin the update today SandTiger, i didn't really feel like doing it today anyway

Wow, trophies ARE returning, i was kinda doubtful, but Sakurai really is puttin all he's got into this game, makes me wonder all the other possibilities there could be...

Well it deconfirms some character hopefuls, ex: Slippy & Tingle (thank god)

And id looks like Pikmin is still gonna be represented in at least trophy form, so thats one itty bitty step up in chances for you Capt. Olimar fans, i happen to be a small one

EDIT: Food confirmed to return!

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Heh. That's cool that they're bringing trophies back from Melee. It's fun to earn them..I think.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong: Final Smash

<Rocketbarrel Barrage>

The weapons Diddy Kong wields are his Peanut Popgun and his Rocketbarrel Boost.

His Final Smash makes superb use of both of these weapons!

He has popguns in both hands! And his rocketbarrels are firing!

He flies majestically through the sky!

Wow! The controls make it feel like you’re flying with a rocket pack! It’s really fun. Tilt his body left and right to move.

It’s a popgun barrage! Explosions everywhere!

The Peanut Popgun fires straight down, so you change the peanut firing angles by tilting Diddy left to right. I highly suggest mastering this.

When time runs out, the rocketbarrels explode!

Plus, you can gobble up the peanuts that fall to the ground.

Will you be enjoying some? No? Well, your opponents can eat the peanuts, too. So when your shots don’t hit, your opponents end up recovering damage instead of taking it.​

Hmm...yea, i originally predicted that tonight would be a mind-blowing update according to Youko's theory (see SYMN ep: 12), but the more i thought about it, the more i doubted that Sakurai would even try to divert attention away from the Halo 3 release, so i wasnt expecting anything too great by the morning, but this just made it worse...

I mean come on, i was at least expecting the super guitar, not Super Dragon wannabe (not that the super guitar woulda been that original anyways...)

I guess overall, i just didnt want to see Diddy's FS just cause i wasnt expecting anything great for him, and i was hoping his FS would be a little more original, alas, thats not the case, oh well...its still cool in the end

Discuss

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Even in final smash mode, it's a feast of peanuts!
I was hoping foor a Guitar Rock out, but I guess they want him to be unique from DK

Snakz

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting for my newcomer Sakurai!!!

I'm dying over here, it's been over a month since we've gotten a brand new newcomer, i need it badly.....pleeease Sakurai, i if we get newcomer this week, ill be satisfied for a good 3 weeks afterward

Sandy

Smash Champion
Mr. Resetti

It’s Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing. At long last he makes his appearance!
Th-there he is!!!​
I’m just going to come out and say it: when Mr. Resetti appears, all he does is lecture you. Whether you’ve reset the game or not, he just lectures...
Huh? What’s that, Mr. Resetti?
Oh! Umm... Sorry about that...​
Uh... Umm... I suppose you would. My mistake...​
(...This is so long...)
With Mr. Resetti, you can enjoy these terribly appreciated lectures even in Smash. He’s an Assist Trophy like no other.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Hmmm, interesting AT choice, and to those Mr. Resetti supporters out there, ouch, that's gotta hurt

Do you think he'll keep going until the game is over? or will his lectures have a fixed duration?

Still waitin for my newcomer Sakurai, but for some reason, this update slightly satisfies me...i dont know why

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Pretty cool update. I never really played Animal Crossing so I don't know what the crap is going on :p

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Say what you will about it deconfirming Resetti as a playable character, this is still a really awesome update... having Mr. Resetti do one of his famous angry lectures when you expecting a helpful assist trophy is just as satisfying in my book!

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon trainers finalsmash wasent really suprising was expecting something like this, pretty nice still.

Edit- Also Mr.Resetti YOU ARE THE BEST ASSIST TROPHY EVER

Snakz

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer: Final Smash

<Triple Finish>

It’s the Pokémon Trainer’s Final Smash: Triple Finish! It combines the powers of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard!

Any one of them can get the Smash Ball.

Go! Triple Finish!

It’s super effective!

...So, what is with that text window below?

Squirtle = Hydro Pump
Ivysaur = SolarBeam
Charizard = Fire Blast

These are the moves they use. Isn’t it a beautiful combination? A Fire-type attack, a Water-type attack, and a Grass-type attack? (Not really.)

If an opposing Pokémon gets the Smash Ball, at the very least take care to not be standing immediately beside it.

When you’re particularly close, it hurts. FLEE!

Daaaaaamn, thats cool, i was kinda hopin he'd whip out a legendary, but this is just as cool.

I dont got much on this so...

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Dang, that is just pure pwnage right there. That's gotta hurt. lol This update is awesome!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Tourney

What is Tourney mode?!

This is a mode that determines which player stands victorious on the summit after winning many battles against many foes!

I won’t go into much detail, so just try it out for yourself. Take advantage of its robust tourney-generating functions!

Of course, if you don’t have a large number of friends, you may not have much need for a tourney.

Still, we’re working seriously to make this mode fun for even those people.

Actually, you can also play this by yourself against computer opponents, so try it out if you’re so inclined.​

Liked Tourney mode, it was a nice way to pass time, so im glad it's comin back

And it looks like Item switch is finally confirmed, not that it was in any danger of being removed anyway

Where's my newcomer update Sakurai!? im still waiting >.>

Discuss

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully there's a few more outfits than the last 2 games, but I guess this may make tournaments a bit easier to hold (at least the big ones)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Lucas

The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it’s Lucas! He makes his anticipated debut from the Japan-only release MOTHER 3.

While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!

Finally, i get my newcomer, and an interesting choice to reveal too!

Today has been awesome for me! not only do we get a newcomer, <off topic> but the Radiohead album is coming out in 10 days!!</off topic>

Anyways, discuss...

Top Bottom