• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah crappy metroid update, so the upb and side b, and the b and down b moves are the same huh... worst special moves... EVER...

meh it wont matter will be to distracted with zamus herself we wont even notice the moves XD

and zamuss whip has a sweetspot on the tip of the whip... marth all over again...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
WTF? Does this mean that her Down B move is the same thing?
Yeah crappy metroid update, so the upb and side b, and the b and down b moves are the same huh... worst special moves... EVER...

uh...

Smash Bros. Dojo said:

A down smash will fire it at your feet!
that's not her down B. it's her down SMASH. i mean if it was her down B, wouldn't Sakurai of just told us like he did for Link?

my bet, the down b will be that downward move she does in the Nintendo World Trailer near the end

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its like with samus, they say: "Smash the joystick to send out a super missile" so maybe its yeah her down B, IGN also understood it as a down b...

but yeah could be a down smash as well... IDK... but think about it, sakurai showed 3 of four (by ur logic) special moves, whats stopping from showing the other one...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
*looks at Snake's Special Moves update*

i don't know what would stop him, but he didn't do that for Snake either.

still, don't you think Sakurai would of come out and said "This is the down B. You can also smash down to do this" instead of "A down smash will fire it at your feet!"

Snakz

Smash Ace
Sonic

The one whose Smash appearance has been most desired dashes in from far away at supersonic speed.

Sonic the Hedgehog crashes headlong into battle!

OMG

Sandy

Smash Champion
I hears fanboys rejoicing somewhere...

And with Sonic in Brawl... Halo 3 just died

Basically this has ended the world as we know it. I'm waiting for a
video describing how this update has ended the world.

Snakz

Smash Ace
And with Sonic in Brawl... Halo 3 just died
QFT

Besides from Sonic, which is obviously gonna be the main focus today, and well deserved!! there a LOT of stuff to pick up from the videos

ive been watching them over and over so ive picked up a few things...

For one, Pit's entrance near the end, character entrances confirmed to return!?!?

more later

Chari

Smash Apprentice
You have got to be kidding me.....omg....This has got to be the worst update ever....

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
OMG, they showed the Petey Pirahna boss fight, and ....I can't find words for this update....

Sonic I'm indifferent about, but thanks to him we got new vids, so all is good.

:)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Sonic: Special Moves

The original Sonic the Hedgehog game used only one button. I think its simple yet exhilarating play was its virtue.

And given that this game’s controls are also simple, I think it personifies his distinct characteristics.

<Side Special Move: Spin Dash>

Yeah, you have to have this.

Hop into a supersonic Spin Dash. If you charge it up just a bit, your speed will increase.

It’s also possible to rise up while spinning.

Spin Dash, jump. A two-hit combo.

Then keep pursuing with a midair attack!

And do a Spin Dash in midair to return.

That, too?

<Down Special Move: Spin Charge>

By holding the Control Stick down and tapping the special-move button, you charge up your spin and do a Spin Dash. This may feel better for some—there’s no pop.

KEEEEEEEEEE!

<Up Special Move: Spring Jump>

And his up special move is the Spring Jump. That spring launches you wayyy up in the air.

That’s high!

You might not use it on the ground much, but rumor has it that if you do, the spring that remains can be used by other characters.

Ah! It’s true.

Yea, i knew this was gonna be the next update, watchin the video these attacks were kinda obvious

Though im very confused as to waht exactly the Spin Charge (down B) does when you release it...is it the same as the spin dash only you cant jump, but you can charge it, or is it something else? if it's practically same, then it seems like a waste of a move

And come on Sakurai, couldnt you just give us all the moves? whats with the last one your holding back? and could you please tell us Sonic's flaws that make him a more balanced character? cause right now with the video you showed us, he looks like god tier

Anyway, good update overall

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy, another carppy update. Oh well, might as well get Sonic's stuff over with now than later.

Snakz

Smash Ace
New Launch and E for All

Today I have some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad part out of the way first, shall we?

As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—it will now be launching on February 10th in the Americas. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that goal.

Phew. Now for some good news to tide you over.

The forthcoming E for All event will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning October 18.

And it appears that this event will display the first ever public playable version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I am planning on having people play the game—but with limited character selection.

The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.

Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.

Have fun!

Take a Snapshot

While playing the game, you might encounter an interesting situation. At times like this, you must PAUSE!

Stop the action and look at the scene from all different directions.

If that pause in the action makes for an interesting shot that you wish you could keep, then by all means, do so. Take a SNAAAAAAAPSHOT!

If you’re on the pause screen, you can snap a photo anytime!

Like this.

Take funny snapshots...

As often as you like!

You can take snapshots like the images we’ve shown here on Smash Bros. Dojo.

We had a snapshot mode in the past, but you couldn’t take a snapshot anytime in the middle of a match. And they were saved to a GameCube Memory Card—it wasn’t like you could save several dozens of photos.

However! This time there are SD cards! With those, you’ll have room to save plenty of snapshots!

Just give it a name and save it to either location.

But wait! There’s more!

"Send"???

This feature allows you to send your snapshots to people you’ve registered as Friends for Nintendo WFC play. So you can give them funny little screenshots as presents. You can view them in the Album.

Don’t you think you’d be happy to suddenly get a funny photo from a friend? Perhaps online brawling isn’t the only way to compete.

Uh, as for that thing that’s blurred out, that’s still a secret. We’re still in development, so I apologize in advance if it gets dropped, but we are thinking of one more trick for this mode.​

Well i already heard about the E for All and the new release date, oh well, like he said, more time he's got, the better the game will be. I figure some of you might not have heard about it so i posted that too, and who ever going to E for All, make sure you bring a camera!!

FINALLY, i love that Sakurai has implemented snapshots into regular matches instead of goin into a completely different mode for it, i was hoping he'd do something like this. Thank you Sakurai!

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Nobody has replied yet? Cool, I'm the first one! Anyways, CRAP! I so wanted this for christmas, but Sakurai has to ruin the holidays! But it does mean more updates... okay, so there are some pros and cons about this update, but now people don't have to say that "You Must Rcover!" is the worst one anymore. And the snapshot update is a nice touch.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
FLAAAAVOR FLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVV.

What, you thought I died? Blesphamy! Not before I get Brawl, graduate from high school, make sweet sweet love to chicks in college, graduate from college, study in art, get married, have kids, fight constantly with wife, get divorce, regret getting divorce, beg forgiveness, married again, divorce again, lose everything I had in life when I'm old and die.

NOOOS FOR THE DELAYZ.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what that blurred out part is........................

i think it could be..............ummm.............. video recorder?
think on it then u can record ur matches and send them to other friends to see how you've improved

all well good update this should keep us busy and placated until monday (speaking for myself not others)

Snakz

Smash Ace
New Pork City

The scale of this stage is one of the grandest in the Smash Bros series. The scale is, say, about as same as that Temple stage—you know the one I’m talking about?

It’s New Pork City.

It is a city of chaos.

It’s too detailed to fully understand...

The buildings are like...billboards?

At any rate, it’s big, so if all someone does is run away, there will be no end to it. But with so much freedom, it becomes a giant playground.

There’s quite a lot of freedom.

Also, a monster known as the "Ultimate Chimera" appears on this stage.

The-there it is!

If this guy sinks his teeth into you, it will launch you off in one blow. It’s pretty much certain that if you get hit, you’ll lose a life. But there’s nothing you can do. I mean, it IS the Ultimate Chimera.

I’m no maaaaaaaatch...

Hmmm interesting, i didnt think they'd make another huge stage like Hyrule Temple, boy was i wrong. At least this one looks more fair seeing as how there no place for the infamous 'Fight club" to appear, although the fight club was pretty funny at times

Anyway cool stage, i like, maybe not be tourney legal, but it'll be fun to play on

Discuss

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Yikes. The ultimate chimera as a hazard.

I'm still mad over all this Mother 3 love. Master Belch should be an assist trophy. >>

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yea, i hope there is still some Earthbound representaion, especially if Ness doesn't come back

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Dang. This stage is just plain wicked. That's just awesome that we have a huge stage now.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I think it was that cave-like area at the bottom of Hyrule Temple, where everyone just beat the crap out of each other till 300% lol

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
I'm gonna play this place so many times, cuz its probably the best one so far, unless a metroid one comes out tommorow. And whats the Fight Club?
There's already Norfair, although not confirmed in the Dojo, but it's in Brawl all right. I just hope we don't see Ridley in the background. This stage confirms him as PC if they don't have him in the bg.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I'm gonna play this place so many times, cuz its probably the best one so far, unless a metroid one comes out tommorow. And whats the Fight Club?
How do you know that Norfair's in the game?
Check the Smash wiki about the Fight club reigon of Hyrule Temple here

and Norfair was shown in the stage selection in game play footage at E for All

Snakz

Smash Ace
STADIUM: Home-Run Contest

What is the Home-Run Contest? It’s a competition to see who can hit Sandbag the farthest in just ten seconds!

You see Sandbag and a character on the platform.

At the start, it’s just you and Sandbag.

Then you just beat Sandbag silly, filling up his damage meter.

There’s only a 10-second time limit!

Before time runs out, grab the Home-Run Bat on the ground and do a smash attack with it!

PWANG! You launch him!

Fly! Flyyy!

Compete for longest distance.

Flight distances are recorded for each character. Go! Break the record! Set your own!!

But this time... there are four differences!

1: The stadium platform is protected by a shield.

Whoa! This nice feature keeps you from falling.

If you don’t put some force into it, you won’t break through the shield, so you can pummel Sandbag to your heart’s content. Surely this will allow you to string together new combos.

2: Two players can play together.

Incredible! Two can enjoy it!

As a tag team, you can challenge yourselves to set even greater records. You’ll have to work perfectly together, though.

3: Two-player alternating play.

Compete for distance in two matches!

Ah, competition—that’s what the Stadium is all about. Players compete to see who can hit the farthest.

4: Online competitions.

You can’t tell from this shot, but this is an online match.

This option can be found under With Friends. And it supports both the two-player cooperative and two-player alternating modes.

This is some rather rich functionality. You’ll be able to play just this mode quite a bit. Amazing, isn’t it?​

Wow, very nice update, i may not use Home-run contest very much but Sakurai still blew me away with this one, shield? two-player modes? online!? put them all in!!

Man this game just keeps getting MORE epic, how do you do it Sakurai, you are amazing

Discuss

Top Bottom