• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its ok, not ZOMG MIDN BLOWIN!1!!1one but still awesome, I like the whole shield and online thing, im betting if the shine is the same, fox users wil ljust use the shine over and over and then HR...

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Meowth/Pokeball

Meowth. It’s considered a major Pokémon, but it did not show up in Melee. It now makes its first appearance since the original Smash Bros.

Meowth appears!

It unleashes a slow coin barrage!

They call this Pay Day, but it’s not like it’s getting any coins out of it.

It doesn’t appear to be throwing the coin on its forehead.

Huh? That definitely appears to be a coin on its forehead, but what do you suppose they call it in Japan?

Maybe if you check the Japanese version of Smash Bros. Dojo you can find out...​

Dang Sakurai. Why you gotta' be trippin yo? That **** aint right. Seriously tho.. Oh well, I really don't give a **** but alot of people do.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
How to use the Wii Remote/How to play

Believe it or not, but you can use four controller types with this game! But everyone seems to wonder the most about how the Wii Remote works when held sideways.

Please allow me to explain.

+Control Pad : Move

Press left or right to walk and press up to jump.

If you’re in a real hurry, press twice. Press left or right twice to run and press down for a short time to fall through some floors.

Press sideways twice to dash!

2 Button : Basic Moves

Just press the button for a standard attack. Press it while pressing a direction on the +Control Pad for a strong attack.

You can perform smash attacks in one of the following ways:

* 1: Press the 1 Button and the 2 Button at the same time.
* 2: Press any direction on the +Control Pad and the 2 Button at the same time.

Just pick whichever one is easiest for you!!

Press the 2 Button at the same time you press up,
sideways, or down!

1 Button : Special Moves

The direction you press will determine what kind of special move you do.

You have four special moves depending on the direction you pick: neutral, up, sideways, and down.

B Button : Shield

This is in a kind of hard-to-press area, but the button for your shield is near your left index finger.

To dodge, hold down the B Button and press in a direction.

To grab, hold down the B Button and press the 2 Button.

To throw an item, hold down the B Button and press the 2 Button.

Using the – Button is the same as pressing B Button and 2 Button. Grab away!

A Button : Taunt

That’s all!

Right now, to grab a Smash Ball, you have to beat on it—not just touch it. Don’t forget!

Be the first to pummel it!

When you get a Smash Ball, try a standard special move. In other words, just press the button for your special move without a direction. You will then perform your Final Smash.

This is the same for all control schemes, so keep that in mind.

On October 18 at the E for All (Entertainment For All Expo) in Los Angeles, people will be able to play Brawl. And (perhaps boldly), it will be available for play with the Wii Remote. Is that really going to be OK?

No need for concern—I bet you can play it quite smoothly and simply...maybe. How about a little mental training before the time comes when you actually control it?​

Dang,. All I know is, I'm not using this control type for a fact.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Too bad everything in this update was pretty much told to us in gameplay videos...T.T (except for Meowth).

I don't understand the 1 + 2 button and how you get different smashes out of it? That makes no sense...

Also, aren't there three taunts, how do you do three with one "A" button....? @.@

Snakz

Smash Ace
Multiple taunts are not deconfirmed, you probably just cant do them on the wiimote alone since there are not enough buttons for all three to be assigned, besides, im guessing when you chose your own button configuration, you'll be able to pick which taunt you can use since you'll only be able to use one for the wiimote, like taunt 1,2 or 3?

Thanks for doin the update Fierce, i really didn't feel like doing it today

Chari

Smash Apprentice
It's cool that they brought Meowth back fro the old SSB as an AT. I'm still gonna use the GC controller rather than the wii remote but I should just give it a try with it anyways.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Multiple Taunts are confirmed as of the videos (see Gamespot & IGN for details)... They are mentioned in an interview and a demonstration about the taunts, they are not unconfirmable...He even said it would use three directs on the D-Pad

Snakz

Smash Ace
Little Mac

Once there was a legendary man. He knocked heavyweight boxers many times his own size to the mat en route to a W.V.B.A. title.

Little Mac appears from Punch Out!

I can do it! I’m the one!

... But isn’t he a little small?

Don’t take him too lightly just because he’s small. There’s an authentic fighter in him.

A fierce dash!

One! Two! Powerful jabs!

And his special move is his uppercut!

Resurrecting this legend for the current generation is something we can all enjoy just a bit. He is an Assist Trophy.​

Well, i wasn't really supportive of this character, but it would've been interesting to see what Sakurai would've done with him had he been a PC

Of course most of us already knew about Little Mac's appearance from the text preview from IGN, i thought he was gonna be another pixelated AT, which im sure will start to get old fast, so it's a good thing Sakurai didn't do that with this AT

I wonder how Mac would do against Manny Pachio these days...

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
A little guy that can do some damage. I'm not all crazy about the update but it's a pretty good one.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Peach: Final Smash

<Peach Blossom>

Somehow, Princess Peach always seems go at her own pace. Her Final Smash will lure you into her world.

She’s got the Smash Ball and she’s ready!

Wh-what is this? This screen frame?!

Peach dances. Mario suddenly gets sleepy.

At the end, a plethora of peaches!

The closer you are to Peach, the deeper you sleep. And all around you is a mountain of peaches that replenish your health when you eat them.

Are you just going to eat peaches?![/B

Or are you going to launch your foes?!

The flowers bloom. The peaches pour down. Yes. It’s so elegant.

Worst Friday update ever. Would've been more exciting if I hadn't known about Peach's Final Smash. This is a pretty crappy final smash, too. Oh well..

Discuss

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Man. It's been no-news or bad-news since they announced the release delay.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say all the big stuff has been revealed, some old characters will return, and all the updates from here until Feb will be stuff we already know/stuff we saw coming a mile away.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Man. It's been no-news or bad-news since they announced the release delay.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say all the big stuff has been revealed, some old characters will return, and all the updates from here until Feb will be stuff we already know/stuff we saw coming a mile away.
I really doubt it,im sure he's got many more characters to inform us of, both obvious and not so obvious. We've barley seen any of what Sakurai has to offer in terms of Wi-Fi and there still so much we dont know about the SE. So there are still plenty of big updates, as well as little ones to last us till February

Im thinkin we need a newcomer next week, or at least a returning veteran

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Omg...you have got to be kidding me. This has got to be the worst update ever. I mean, come on, they could've come up with something better but I guess we have to deal with it.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Omg...you have got to be kidding me. This has got to be the worst update ever. I mean, come on, they could've come up with something better but I guess we have to deal with it.
You gotta cut them a break here, it's not like they come on to the boards trying to finding out what we already know, i think its only fair

besides, now we have nice screenshots to go with her FS instead of those crappy vid shots

Chari

Smash Apprentice
It's not THAT bad. I mean, from what MetaknightsSword told me, they stay asleep for a long time.
Well, I suppose that's one good thing at least.

You gotta cut them a break here, it's not like they come on to the boards trying to finding out what we already know, i think its only fair

besides, now we have nice screenshots to go with her FS instead of those crappy vid shots
Yeah...well, spme vids are cool to see.

Snakz

Smash Ace
PictoChat

There are only a few nonsense stages in the only "slightly" nonsensical Smash. But there isn’t any stage more nonsensical than this.

PictoChat?! What is THIS?!

It’s a fun little sketch-and-chat software with wireless functionality that’s built into the Nintendo DS!

And if you turn it into a stage, it looks like this! BAM!

At first, there’s nothing there. It’s just flat.

If you wait a bit, terrain gets drawn in with a few stylus strokes!

Of course, you can climb up on the doodles.

You may get knocked about by side winds.

There may be things you want to ride on moving around.

Hot! HOT! Are these flames?

This looks solid! But it’s also flat?!

Wow! A whale!

The doodles that appear will disappear after a while, and then something else will get drawn.

Oh, and on this stage, you’ll also be able to enjoy Mii Channel music and Wii Shop Channel music, too.

screenshot

Oh! That’s just divine.​

Umm...thats a big WTF from me...i guess characters arent the only things that get a WTF choice

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Well, the DS has this thing so now they put it into Brawl. Ok...that's just awkward.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
I once declared Wario Ware to be the worst stage concept. This stage somehow hurdled it.

I'm sure it's well made and designed...But the direction it's taking...That tower in Pisa is pretty sweet, but the fact it's going to fall over pretty soon kills the effect.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong Makes His Stand

Vast quantities of his precious bananas have been stolen!
And by a very familiar hand...

It’s time to rise up against this blatant provocation!
Prepare yourselves, minions of Bowser!

(sigh)...once again, already seen this, i know i should give the guy a break since he doesnt really know what we know, but just ...ugh....

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong always gets his bananas stolen. Plus it was a pointless update cuz I kinda expected this.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong Makes His Stand

Vast quantities of his precious bananas have been stolen!
And by a very familiar hand...

It’s time to rise up against this blatant provocation!
Prepare yourselves, minions of Bowser!

(sigh)...once again, already seen this, i know i should give the guy a break since he doesnt really know what we know, but just ...ugh....
Not everyone has seen it though.

Top Bottom