• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Snakz

Smash Ace
thats the balloon fighter fish. he mentioned that it looked farmiliar. sakurai likes retro(ice climbers, mr. game and watch) balloon fighter was supposed to be in melee( i think) do you see where im going with this?
Yea, he tends to hint at a lot of characters, Capt. Falcon with the Goroh AT, Ridley with the music, and now this. Im TIRED of this TEASING, SAKURAI!! :p

Actually i think the only character he hinted at that he has eventually revealed so far (at least to my knowledge) was Lucas with the Franklin Badge...give us the rest of them!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Meta Knight: Final Smash

<Galaxia Darkness>

Heh heh heh. I got it.

Meta Knight has gotten the Smash Ball. Behold!

Take this!

He swirls his cape out in a wide sweep, but if he swings and misses, nothing happens. It’s a waste of the Smash Ball. Be sure to hit with that swing of the cape.

This time, behold!

The field is gradually engulfed in darkness.

Toh!

The field is swallowed by darkness, and Meta Knight slices strongly through it. Enemies get launched helplessly. Talk about cool.

But there is even more coolness to this move.

If there are others besides the enemy you hit with the cape...

They get cut in the darkness, too!

So, while this move’s initial attack range is relatively narrow, if you hit with it, most everyone suffers. Aim well and sally forth.​

...Well, sure we saw this at the demo, but i was a little confused about how it worked, so it's nice to get some clarification...i guess, was it really worth a single update?

Discuss

Mike87

Smash Ace
You have to hit someone with your cape to pull it off, that can either be simple or difficult.

So there is a counter to his FS.

Snakz

Smash Ace
On-Screen Appearances

As the match begins, the characters enter the screen with signature moves!

These fun appearances have been revived in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Mario appears out of a pipe. It’s pretty basic.

Fox dashes out of the Arwing.

The condor appears! It’s the Ice Climbers.

Pit comes riding in on light from the heavens.

Mr. Saturn’s tea table? Lucas appears!

Could that be warp magic? It’s Ike?

Snake’s optical camouflage breaks up as he lands.

There’s a three-second countdown before the match begins. And those are just a few of the fighters making their appearances.​

Ok...dont get me wrong, i LOVE the fact that character entrances are coming back, but this was SO NOT worth a single update, throw on top of the fact that he just gave us two things in a row we already knew about, and that makes this a pretty sh*tty way to end the week

Maybe i was expecting too much this week...

Discuss

Chari

Smash Apprentice
That's awesome to see special appearances in Brawl. It was cool to see them in the N64 Smash.

Snakz

Smash Ace
OK, Lucas's is just plain ********. Ike's is awesome though. And in the background of Ike's, is that a new place?!
I was kinda hoping Lucas would have Ness' entrance with the exploding teleport from SSB64, maybe if Ness stays in, he'll have that and Lucas can keep his and i wont complain

Stryks

Smash Hero
No thats the FE stage, notice how all the stages (minus marios) are from the series the character comes from in the pic...

anyway this sux, 2 things in a row we already knew... should have give us something else... LIKE FREAKING FALCON

Snakz

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure we'll get at least one character update this coming week, but im most of it will be item oriented since we havent gotten and normal items, ATs or pokeballs in a while, probably a music update too

Hejiru

Smash Ace
There should be a character update next week. Look back, we have never gone 2 weeks without a character update. Either Capt. Falcon (likley) or a newcomer (Krystal? Olimar?)

lucario_user

Smash Ace
in the first, you have a 30 pikday(10 mins per day) limit to beat the game. you have no limit in the second.
in the second, you get two extra pikmin types and an extra captian. plus the second has multi player challenge mode.

what would ridley's intro be?

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
people. all i know is that its a newcomer, i repeat NEWCOMER, next week. i would be ok with olimar, sweet with geno, and faint worthy good with ridley.
You don't really know anything. All you predicted was Meta Knight's final Smash, and totally missed the biggest one...you know, the stage builder.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Fox's Misfortune

The Arwing makes an emergency landing on the edge of a dense jungle.
As Diddy Kong discovers it, and evil hand reaches for him from the lake...

****, that's cool. I thought when Sakurai said an evil hand, i though he meant Master Hand, but not Rayquaza O.o

So, is Rayquaza evil too??

Fire Emblem Theme

"Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem Theme" (1:15)

We’re using an extravagant chorus with the Super Smash Bros. Brawl main theme, right? Well, when we recorded it, we also created and recorded the Fire Emblem theme with the same members.

In Japan, the lyrics used in commercials are quite famous ("♪If danger approaches, retreat helter-skelter!"), but in taking it worldwide, I’ve reflected on the Fire Emblem world and done the lyrics in Latin.

If you were to write them in English, they would go something like this:

Fire Emblem, companions walk
The endless path together.

In the wavering shadow of spite,
Our home is faced by the oncoming spear,
Engulfed in flames.

I keep that unforgettable day in my heart
And now rise up together with my companions.

Fire Emblem, our bond shall be never broken.

We hold fast to protect tomorrow
And the one who awaits our return.

Fire Emblem, light gathers on the flag we unfurl.

Fire Emblem, we gaze upon the multitude of stars,
Gripping our blades.

If we do not bring light to the darkness in these lands,
The shooting stars will soar over a wasteland.

Fire Emblem, on whom does the morning sun shine
As she climbs over the edge of battle?​

The music's cool, not one of my favorites so far, but it's nice, and i definetly was not expecting any more double updates, but it's nice to be proven wrong like that.

Discuss

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I loved the music. The fact that they used a full-blown chorus this time around was amazing! Definately one of my favorites so far. I'm glad they didn't use a seperate chorus and redo it in all of the different languages, because it sounds really good in Latin. It kinda makes it fit the mood.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would agree there, the Water in particular looks amazing, as is the detail everywhere else, They are really stretching the power of the Wii to new heights, in this game...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They are not stretching the Wii at all... I mean these graphics are right inside the Wii you dont have to stretch anything.

Top Bottom