• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Snakz

Smash Ace
I doubt rayquazza is a boss, I mean he gotpwned hard by da shine (who doesnt), but I could be wrong...
He could possibly be a boss later on, but deffinetly not at that point

But i dont really see Rayquaza being a boss, he's supposed to be the peace keeper between Groudon and Kyogre

Snakz

Smash Ace
Items from Previous Installments

A number of items from past Smash games appear in this one as well. But, of course, there are naturally many people who have never played any of those games. And even if you have, I still think I ought to explain these.

It’s not all of them, but I would like to introduce a few.

<Beam Sword>

It is a blade of light—the Beam Sword.

This time it gets REALLY long!

<Fire Flower>

Hold down the button to release a fire burst!

<Freezie>

Throw it at someone to freeze them.

<Home-Run Bat>

Do a side-smash to hit a home run!

This time, everyone has a different stance.

<Party Ball>

Items pour out from inside.

<Super Mushroom>

When you get the mushroom...

You become gigantic!

These are just some of the items that intensify the slapstick nature of this game. You must master them all!​

Well i dont have much to say except kudos to you Sakurai for deciding not to do these in separate updates.

And what's this!? a picture of Pokemon Trainer?! what a rare sight indeed!

What's that clock item you think? does anyone know if that comes from a specific game?

Discuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
Gray Fox

If Snake is going to be joining the brawl, then it should be fine to have someone else from the Metal Gear world join as an Assist Trophy, right?

Frank Jaeger, the Gray Fox, appears!

Oh! Cool mono-eye!

He approaches stealthily with lithe jumps, coming right in then slicing repeatedly. Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.

He slices over and over with his back-handed grip.

By the way, he reflects projectiles.

PA-SHEEN!

Gray Fox faces off with Snake.

Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!

You never know what might happen in this world.​

Umm wow, this was a big suprise to me, it's not the character update thatwei wanted, but this AT is almost as worthy, at least to me. I mean i was totally NOT expect Gray Fox to appear anywhere in this game. Gray Fox was probably a bonus the Kojima asked of Sakurai to put in the game most likely, but still, a 3rd party AT!? unheard of!

Although with all that, could his purpose be anymore unoriginal? he's just like Goroh for all we know, except he can reflect projectiles, ooooh.

and im not gonna bother with the grabbing update since you guys should know how to grab.

Of course the only interesting part about that update was Ike's up throw apparently. I mean an uppercut? that's just more pure awesomeness for Ike.

Dicuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
Lucas: Special Moves

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.

But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean, he does not have the same standard moves.

His strong up attack is a mentally-powered flip kick.

He unleashes a PK barrage on the ground with his down smash!

The finish of his back air attack is a meteor smash.

Oh! Is he grabbing the edge with his rope snake?!

<Side Special Move: PK Fire>

This is also quite different from Ness’s.

It flies perfectly sideways, even in air.

The flame pillar explodes!

<Standard Special Move: PK Freeze>

If you charge it up and control it...

You can freeze your opponents!

And even more threatening is his PK Thunder. For those of you unfamiliar with the last game, or the one before that, remember this well.

<Up Special Move: PK Thunder>

You guide the PK Thunder with the Control Stick...

And hit yourself with it to launch!

Doing this helps you recover.

The angle you launch at depends upon the position at which the PK Thunder hits you. This launch also makes for a rather powerful attack, so I think it’s fine to even try it unexpectedly.

<Down Special Move: PSI Magnet>

This move absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks and uses it to recover Lucas’s damage. It has a wide range of effectiveness, so give it a try when you get the chance.

If an enemy uses a projectile, that’s your chance.

Nooooo! i like Ness, although i suppose now he'd be too much like Lucas, and Sakurai doesn't want that im sure.

Oh well, the first veteran deconfirmation, ill get over it. Anyways, Lucas seems pretty sweet, i'd use him, and thankfully Sakurai gave us all his moves and then some instead leaving us in the dark about moves we'd already know about, which would bereally pointless.

Anyways, ill miss Ness, but Lucas seems like a fresh change-up to him.

Discuss

Desruprot

Smash Lord
This proves my point that Lucas replaces Ness, the Special Moves are too similar to have Ness in the game, after all what is the use if lucas is the exact same thing...

Mike87

Smash Ace
I like the tweak to PK fire.

Anyway This sounds like Ness is a goner, Oh well I never used him that much.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
This update is pretty cool. I like that one move that can freeze others.

Maybe Lucas will be better than Ness.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Woah wait, who flamed me a long time ago cause I said its possible ness would be replaced by at the time not confirmed lucas, who then said ALL originals will return...

WHOSE LAUGHING NOW?!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Woah wait, who flamed me a long time ago cause I said its possible ness would be replaced by at the time not confirmed lucas, who then said ALL originals will return...

WHOSE LAUGHING NOW?!
...i wasn't aware anyone flamed you about Ness in this thread at least

lucario_user

Smash Ace
I liked Ness. He's GONE NOW!!!!
ness was my secondary. i could use the PK thunder perfectly while off the screen to recover. i loved ness's smash b and lucas's smash b pwns ness's. lucas just plain out pwns ness. i could never figure out how to use the stanard b effectiafly. thats why hes my secondary instead of my main. my main is mewtwo becouse of the teleportation tricks combined with his smashes and his shadow ball to finish off any opponet after paralyzing tem if they can dodge/reflect it. pure poetry.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Norfair

Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was. There was a lot of lava, and it seemed like a rather hot area.

Whoa! That looks hot.

As you can imagine, the lava level will indeed rise and cover the platforms. It’s dangerous to touch it.

That dangerous-to-the-touch lava comes flowing from a number of places, so be careful.

Hot! Hot-hot-hot-hot-hot-HOT!

EEEEEEEEEEK! It’s a lava wave!

The tension rises. Yes.

When the lava wave appears, a single safe area will also appear. If you can get in, you’ll be safe...but surely there will be quite a battle for that spot. Yet another bit of back and forth.

"Let me in!" "I’m not letting YOU in!"

It even has hatches that close in emergencies. Ahh.

You can barely dodge the massive lava wave with a great jump, but it’s a little difficult. Besides, you KNOW you want to win the battle for that safe area.​

WHERE'S MY CHARACTER UPDATE, SAKURAI!?! the people are anxious!

Anyways...mediocre end to a mediocre week...the only that that made this remotely interesting was the fact that Sakurai mentioned this is Ridley's stage when he was a boss (which i had completely forgotten), so hope to us Ridley fans!

We better get a new character first thing monday, i dont care if it's a veteran or a newcomer, i need a new character.

Discuss

lucario_user

Smash Ace
i have no words to speak except..... RIDLEY IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! I WILL GET PAST ANYTHING IN MY WAY TO GET THIS GAME!!!!! IM TAKING A CAMPING TRIP ON FEB 9TH TO MY LOCAL GAMESTOP AND WILL PLOW OVER THE OTHERS TO GET THE GAME FIRST AND GIVE THEM MY PREORDER SLIP AND PLAY FOR MORE THAN 8 HOURS!!!!!!! wow. that was random.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ridley aint confrimed, but I would sell akidney for it to happen...

anyway and yet sakuria ended ANOTHER week with something we already know...man this week suked, the best thing was the gray fox AT, and thats not saying much...

Top Bottom