• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero

Maybe we should all try hard and get on the PR and Win along with having fun.
Not really possible. Some people have fun because they're winning but not everyone. A lot of people have fun if they have a good set, but some only if they win.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im having fun being able to just do whatever the **** i wanna do like diddy bair to laggy fairs even if ur still shielding i dn giv a **** no mo or miracle up airs with snake. **** yall im winning cuz im outplaying the **** out of you THATS HOW I HAVE FUN > :D

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'd enter if they respected my request to not count me in the PRs (wins or losses), but they're not.

I actually feel like **** when I happen to randomly rarely beat someone on the PRs that care about the list. The look on their face and the negative emotion I instill into them makes me feel worse for winning than if I lost.

But I wouldn't expect people on the top of the PRs to understand.
Homie to be honest, I don't see any reason to feel bad for them. All the people in the PRs are seasoned tournament players by now. They are used to both winning and losing. On top of that, tournaments mostly are formatted with double elimination so they have chances to beat other players to make up for their losses. Additionally, you all even made that whole PR MM system that gives even more opportunities.

It is quite a subtle concept but I'm pretty sure that their negative emotion comes from their lacking performance and not from the fact that you beat them; friend or not. In the end, if they care about the PRs they should also care about earning their spot. Otherwise they can go get to the top of wifi rankings for many games simply by "rage quitting".

But yo I was really asking that because I'm getting back into the game you're one of the most hype people that play this game. And although it's been a while, it's always cool to both watch you play and play against you.

MVD

Smash Master
I may not always think, but when I do, I prefer using logic, stay intelligent my friends

:phone:

MVD

Smash Master
Exactly why I say "I may NOT ALWAYS think"

And typically I'm right your wrong is all I need lol

MVD

Smash Master
Lol I have never been in a fight Taylor :p these fists are clean and can be used to end arguments but I rather use words

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Eh...I shouldn't.

but I will say this Tommy , not entering because you're afraid of hurting someone is pretty....not smart.
I'm at a lack of words for such ignorance and such insolence.

Ruuku, you'd be surprised. It's not something they do on purpose, but many of them still do it, even people not on the PRs.

I see it and it hurts. Losing sucks, Winning sucks. Why continue to enter?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I'm at a lack of words for such ignorance and such insolence.

Ruuku, you'd be surprised. It's not something they do on purpose, but many of them still do it, even people not on the PRs.

I see it and it hurts. Losing sucks, Winning sucks. Why continue to enter?

Your caring in the wrong way. Everyone is here to compete and be the best. Yes people will be upset if they lose to you or any other non ranked. But they'll get over it. Just enter and play to win and be good Tommy. Pretty sure its the money thats the real reason your not entering though.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

Your caring in the wrong way. Everyone is here to compete and be the best. Yes people will be upset if they lose to you or any other non ranked. But they'll get over it. Just enter and play to win and be good Tommy. Pretty sure its the money thats the real reason your not entering though.
If I was really caring about the money as much as I tell everyone, then I would have remembered to collect gas money from everyone in the car for last tournament. It just wasn't my top priority.

There is no wrong way to care. I don't like causing people pain that bothers them for longer than it needs to. Not being counted on the PRs would eliminate my issue since they can at least think "well I've got next tournament to do well on."

AfroQT

Smash Master
rushing through 30, getting older every day
By two, drawing pictures of innocent times
Can you add... colour... inside these lines?!

I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere
Don’t want to live in a dream one more day

I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere

Sure, if we change our perspective
I'm certain, I would change today
I'm certain, it will change our ways
Would things fall into place?

I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere

I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere

I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere

I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Tommy , if that's the way you feel then you're just not fit to be a competitive player.
No one likes losing , whether the PRs are there are not people are going to be upset they lose.
Its that way with everything remotely competitive that people take seriously.

Alsoooo , pretty sure its money :troll:

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I know it's tough when you are taking these things personally. But Tommy just as it is necessary to build muscle, people need a certain level of strain to improve. So I would go as far as saying that you those negative emotions they get from losing to you should only in turn translate into motivation to improve, because they chose to be competitive players. Now if their loss to you becomes more significant than your friendship then it may be healthier to connect with them on levels that are not smash related.

But I really would like to think that Brawl in not important enough for anyone to ruin/end a friendship... Right?

Mampam

Smash Ace
wtf is going on in this thread???

whytf would anyone even CONSIDER hitting someone after losing? its a ****ing game

why would you feel bad if you beat a PR member? i already have 4 unranked loses, and i deserved them all, its a risk u take as a PR member

why even get mad when u you, EVERYONE has to have a bad tourney every now and then, brawl tourney results are hella random, and someone can place 4th at one tourny, and 17th at another, deal with it

dont not enter cause someone gets salty, people are going to get salty, salt is an unavoidable part of ANY competition, and if you have anger issues or w/e just dont take them too far

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I don't like causing people pain that bothers them for longer than it needs to. Not being counted on the PRs would eliminate my issue since they can at least think "well I've got next tournament to do well on."
Yes people will be upset if they lose to you or any other non ranked. But they'll get over it. Just enter and play to win and be good Tommy.

I'm in the same boat as you with the caring about people too but I still compete to win. Your over thinking caring on this.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Is it still impossible to at least not count his wins? lol

ALL YOU USE IS ONE NIGGA MAN, YOU AINT NO SKILL NIGGA.... NO SKILL, HOW THE **** YOU GO'N SEND SOMEONE A MESSAGE?!! :troll::troll::troll:
YOUR ***** *** ****ED UP YA SHOULDA SAID NOTHING, AN SHOULDA BEEN ON YA WAY. HOW THE **** YOU GO'N MESSAGE HIM?

xDDDDDDDD

:rosalina:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Tommy , if that's the way you feel then you're just not fit to be a competitive player.
No one likes losing , whether the PRs are there are not people are going to be upset they lose.
Its that way with everything remotely competitive that people take seriously.

Alsoooo , pretty sure its money :troll:
I love how you don't even listen to what I said. I know people will be upset they lose. I accept that and have said that. It's when it gets to the point where people start getting discouraged over long periods of time due to a PR loss to a random.

Remember the huge deal people made about this PR and losing to randoms?

And no, PRs aren't done in every remotely competitive event. A ranking list based on solid facts(Amount of wins, losses,etc) is not the same as a list created by the biased opinions of what certain wins are valued at. If you look at a competitive sport like Football or Baseball, they value all wins and losses equally. It's not a PR.

Ruuku, it bothers me when the pain becomes agony that hurts them over time.

Xaltis, you're the last person that should be telling me how I'm caring about something wrong.

I love how this could all simply be solved by not counting me on the PRs.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Pain and Agony? You have GOT to be trolling. You know how many people have quit this game due to being discouraged over long periods of time for reasons X, Y, and Z? People who are on the PR or with a chance of being on the PR def aren't going to be in this boat...

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Pain and Agony? You have GOT to be trolling. You know how many people have quit this game due to being discouraged over long periods of time for reasons X, Y, and Z? People who are on the PR or with a chance of being on the PR def aren't going to be in this boat...
This is why I don't listen to your posts.

You know you're always going to beat me, so why would it matter to you if they didn't count me on the PRs?

OverLade

Smash Hero
You honestly tried to pass off the words "pain" and "agony" in a post about a video game power ranking due to unranked losses... You wonder why I "randomly" come at you?

And obviously I'm not concerned only about myself. I'm more concerned about consistency in the rules for the PR as that's something that affects everyone. For example until last period I had definitely heard nothing about comparing peoples records against unranked players. Now this is supposedly standard. These kind of things should be set in stone so there's no confusion. If you dont wanna be counted for the PR, don't enter, and that's what you've been doing... so I don't see any problem...

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You honestly tried to pass off the words "pain" and "agony" in a post about a video game power ranking due to unranked losses... You wonder why I "randomly" come at you?

And obviously I'm not concerned only about myself. I'm more concerned about consistency in the rules for the PR as that's something that affects everyone. For example until last period I had definitely heard nothing about comparing peoples records against unranked players. Now this is supposedly standard. These kind of things should be set in stone so there's no confusion. If you dont wanna be counted for the PR, don't enter, and that's what you've been doing... so I don't see any problem...
It doesn't matter what causes it if it's there. People care a lot about these games, like when you wouldn't stop complaining about your loss to Vinnie.

Yeah, I'm not trying to bend the rules around a few matches. I want to completely disappear from the rankings, but apparently that's a huge deal, so I'm not going to enter.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
You know how many people have quit this game due to being discouraged over long periods of time for reasons X, Y, and Z? People who are on the PR or with a chance of being on the PR def aren't going to be in this boat...
i was gonna say i was on that boat BUT i was discouraged about the mentality in myself about smash not smash itself. its k tho im back baby

OverLade

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter what causes it if it's there. People care a lot about these games, like when you wouldn't stop complaining about your loss to Vinnie.

Yeah, I'm not trying to bend the rules around a few matches. I want to completely disappear from the rankings, but apparently that's a huge deal, so I'm not going to enter.
Wtf? I complained that I got absolutely no crowd support while playing against Vinnie (I actually had people cheering against me). That had nothing to do with me winning or losing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom