• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New(est) Official 2012 Florida PR (Googling is Fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Does anyone ever just sit back and reflect on why the **** we banned a character from a game?

MVD

Smash Master
Jesse, don't even bother. It's like beating a dead horse at this point. Just know that I agree with you.
I'm just tired of people being like
Oh this game is so much better
Seibrik gonna start running **** again
Guess what wrong on both accounts, cause seibrik didn't have to use MK to win many matches this past weekend, what like trump and p1? Then riddle? He can beat us without MK, yall are *****es as ****, except D Torr and few others who don't ***** about MK

:phone:

Shaky

Smash Ace
I'm on the PR AGAIN? I guess these people keep changing the rules for me every season cause last I heard I needed to attend 3-4 tournaments to be on the PR. I thought I had finally beat the system :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
it makes me sad that this fundamentally broken character is still wanted by people nationwide. I literally dont understand or comprehend it

MVD

Smash Master
it makes me sad that this fundamentally broken character is still wanted by people nationwide. I literally dont understand or comprehend it
He isn't as bad as people claim.tho, it just requires more work, I personally hate fighting DDD and diddy more than MK

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
This is how i feel.

MK needs to stay banned.

Its not even all about him being broken. Its about how he over centralizes the game. We are lucky not to have a problem with it here in FL overall but thats no reason to keep him around.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
This is how i feel.

MK needs to stay banned.

Its not even all about him being broken. Its about how he over centralizes the game. We are lucky not to have a problem with it here in FL overall but thats no reason to keep him around.
thats exactly a reason to keep him around

if it aint broke, don't fix it

MVD

Smash Master
thats exactly a reason to keep him around

if it aint broke, don't fix it
It isn't even that, MK does not over centralize anything if anything he helps us cover bad MUs we may have, anyone can learn how yo.fight against him, if ur character just gets ****smashed by him pick up someone else

Masky

Smash Master
It isn't even that, MK does not over centralize anything if anything he helps us cover bad MUs we may have, anyone can learn how yo.fight against him, if ur character just gets ****smashed by him pick up someone else

real talk

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I never *****ed about mk. But at the same time i'd gladly accept him banned cuz it lets me main pit...realistically. And not feel like i'm wasting my time.

I'm essentially for and against. I see both sides arguments. It just comes down to your ideology and more importantly the majority's feelings on the matter of a certain area and even MORE IMPORTANTLY the feelings on it from the T.O.s

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
If your a peach main you want him banned lol. A character that shuts down all of my recovery options with such ease. You guys are funny and sad to read. Just play the game and have fun. And for those special talented few, make dah money

MVD

Smash Master
If your a peach main you want him banned lol. A character that shuts down all of my recovery options with such ease. You guys are funny and sad to read. Just play the game and have fun. And for those special talented few, make dah money

Play someone else for MK then?
There is always an answer to everything, and if you have too much character pride then mad respect

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"

le :rob: face

Shaky

Smash Ace
Pick up a low tier that does okay vs MK in order to win. There's a reason people like Poltergust went even with all the top MKs.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
character pride is not a reason to ban mk

cuz think about this: what if the player playing mk has character pride in mk, like if mk was their honest favorite character...now your saying your character pride is more important than theirs? thats ****ed up

Master Raven

Smash Master
I would prefer banning a character strictly on grounds that he's overpowered. If the issue is just that he centralizes the game, then that's the community's problem.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I would prefer banning a character strictly on grounds that he's overpowered. If the issue is just that he centralizes the game, then that's the community's problem.
you're right

and I feel hes literally overpowered. Note this isn't about me or what characters I play personally because my two characters, compared to the rest of the cast, do alright against him. Its also not about my placing because I generally do better in MK legal tourneys since he gets rid of all of the random mid-low tiers that **** my character, but the MK player isn't good enough to beat me. I legitimately feel that he is a broken character, and that is the only reason why i say ban him.

Im not saying ban him cause hes the best character. every game is going to have a best character. I'm saying ban him cause I think hes literally broken

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Metaknight isn't over powered. He IS OBVIOUSLY the best character in the game and has advantages. If he was over powered then the top 5 results at tourneys would be all MKs. Instead we have Esam, Riddle, Shaky, Ryo, etc getting up there because they CAN beat him. If he was over powered they wouldn't be able to beat him.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Like I love yall but how can we expect to get better as a whole state if we can't get around this petty bull**** mentality?

You know what is petty bull**** mentality that Florida seems to have though?

When people think matchups and rule decisions justify being an immature ****.

Metaknight isn't over powered. He IS OBVIOUSLY the best character in the game and has advantages. If he was over powered then the top 5 results at tourneys would be all MKs. Instead we have Esam, Riddle, Shaky, Ryo, etc getting up there because they CAN beat him. If he was over powered they wouldn't be able to beat him.
Because Florida is the rest of the world too, right?

MVD

Smash Master
You know what is petty bull**** mentality that Florida seems to have though?

When people think matchups and rule decisions justify being an immature ****.

That's peoples personality ***** that has nothing to do with what I said, besides he is like 16 and it was his first out of region event, get the **** over it, I used to hit tables and get mad as **** when I lost so shut up with the petty bull**** already

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't think it was necessary to explain that too. You know how OCEAN's Rob beat M2K's Metaknight and how Vinnie and ICs main is ranked #1 in his PR and M2K is ranked below him. Also that 1 Fox beat Tyrant's MK at Whobo4 or whichever one I was at. H2k0 or something like that was the Fox's name I think. Is that enough for you?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Taylor, those are all cases of the players just being better than the MKs (or the MKs being bad at a matchup)

There isnt one matchup in this game to where if the MK takes full advantage of his character, then he would lose. He literally wins every single matchup. And they arent even close to even like some people think. ALot of people see a top MK lose to a top ____ and automatically think that character beats or is close to MK. No it doesnt work like that, the person playing the MK has his own shortcomings. The character MK is still broken, but alot of people at this time don't know how to use him fully, or plainly arent as good as their opponent, in which case it wouldnt matter what character either person is playing

Looking just at the character, not at the people playing him, MK is broken. HE does a long list of things that no other character can do at all (some can do but with about 50% efficiency as him). I think the problem is that because there arent enough MKs around that take advantage of their character completely, people tend to think player miscomings equals that the character itself isnt that bad.

But whatever, its not even a debate, its an argument. Neither side is going to budge so I'll just have to deal with it until smash 4 comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom