• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New(est) Official 2012 Florida PR (Googling is Fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Taylor, those are all cases of the players just being better than the MKs (or the MKs being bad at a matchup)

There isnt one matchup in this game to where if the MK takes full advantage of his character, then he would lose. He literally wins every single matchup. And they arent even close to even like some people think. ALot of people see a top MK lose to a top ____ and automatically think that character beats or is close to MK. No it doesnt work like that, the person playing the MK has his own shortcomings. The character MK is still broken, but alot of people at this time don't know how to use him fully, or plainly arent as good as their opponent, in which case it wouldnt matter what character either person is playing

Looking just at the character, not at the people playing him, MK is broken. HE does a long list of things that no other character can do at all (some can do but with about 50% efficiency as him). I think the problem is that because there arent enough MKs around that take advantage of their character completely, people tend to think player miscomings equals that the character itself isnt that bad.

But whatever, its not even a debate, its an argument. Neither side is going to budge so I'll just have to deal with it until smash 4 comes out
I'm pretty sure that Fox is NOT better than Tyrant. But either way, YES we know MK wins all his match ups. That's why we say hes THE BEST character in the game. He IS NOT ban worthy though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm pretty sure that Fox is NOT better than Tyrant. But either way, YES we know MK wins all his match ups. That's why we say hes THE BEST character in the game. He IS NOT ban worthy though.
I dont think you understand that a character that wins all his matchups IS ban worthy. This is a fighting game. A game where each character beats some characters and loses to others. If a certain character doesnt lose to any other character, then the character is broken.

Like...am I the only one who believes in this line of logic?

Edit: a legit best character is someone that wins a majority of their matchups, or almost all, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM

Edit 2: if what taylor said is truly the logic of pro-MK players then I realize I am in deeper than I thought, and I will no longer bring up the subject

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I dont think you understand that a character that wins all his matchups IS ban worthy. This is a fighting game. A game where each character beats some characters and loses to others. If a certain character doesnt lose to any other character, then the character is broken.

Like...am I the only one who believes in this line of logic?
Banning MK is unfair, plain and simple. He CAN be beat.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
MK is not ban-worthy, but it should be up to the tournament hosts. I rarely take part in MK banned tournaments, and if I do, I ask them if they want to go MK. If they would beat me with MK, they'd beat me with another character just as good that they have equal practice with.

It's ok though. MK pro-ban can form another Ruleset Committee and watch it die like the last one. It doesn't matter to me.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
MK is not ban-worthy, but it should be up to the tournament hosts. I rarely take part in MK banned tournaments, and if I do, I ask them if they want to go MK. If they would beat me with MK, they'd beat me with another character just as good that they have equal practice with.

It's ok though. MK pro-ban can form another Ruleset Committee and watch it die like the last one. It doesn't matter to me.
AHAHA I'm so glad I sent you the link to this thread!! XD

The fox that beat tyrant was Zeton just for clarifying. Zeton is a monster.
Oh thanks Ed. :D

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Also, Eddie in GGXXAC (probably the most accepted to be balanced game) has no bad matchups stated from the Nexus players themselves (Ryan Hunter, Ryan Sparks, Sly). He has not been banned.

k, I'm done. Going to sleep.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
For somebody saying MK is centralizing the metagame, you are kinda wrong now. You don't pay attention to the current top level metagame. ICs run more things than any other character, although MKs obviously have great performances and have major tournament wins. Vinnie/myself are arguably the best players in America, and we both use ICs. Ally resorted to going ICs against me, Anti complains about ICs, and pretty much everybody that isn't MJG/Nick Riddle complains about ICs. I would much rather have a character legal with safe pokes and supreme gimping power than a retardedly skewed risk-reward ratio ALL THE TIME FOREVER until nana dies.

With the current stage list, what makes MK "Broken" besides things that can be limited (And don't pull the "if it needs to be limited he is bannable" argument because that **** is stupid).

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Okay so basically what happened. You guys said MK is OP and should be banned. We said no he shouldn't You tried to give opinions, we gave facts. You couldn't prove us wrong so you quit. Then to over kill it, Tommy ****ING Ganon comes in with facts that destroy the **** out of your argument. Other fighters have characters with no losing match ups and aren't banned. SO METAKNIGHT SHOULDN'T BE BANNED> GOOD ****ING GAME NO RE. STOP CRYING AND JUST BE A BETTER PLAYER!

MVD

Smash Master
Okay so basically what happened. You guys said MK is OP and should be banned. We said no he shouldn't You tried to give opinions, we gave facts. You couldn't prove us wrong so you quit. Then to over kill it, Tommy ****ING Ganon comes in with facts that destroy the **** out of your argument. Other fighters have characters with no losing match ups and aren't banned. SO METAKNIGHT SHOULDN'T BE BANNED> GOOD ****ING GAME NO RE. STOP CRYING AND JUST BE A BETTER PLAYER!
LITTLE OVER THE TOP FOR NO REASON -_-

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
For the record, the amount of FGC games that have broken characters banned far outnumbers those who dont ban them

but like I said, I'm done with this argument. Debates are winnable, arguments are not. I'll just take Ed's advice, thanks

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Will do mang!! Just gotta save some moneys and I'll definitely be there!!

Also, GDX, I remember you were talking about getting one of the rooms there at the venue. How much? just pricing things out so I can figure out what to save and stuffs.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Will do mang!! Just gotta save some moneys and I'll definitely be there!!

Also, GDX, I remember you were talking about getting one of the rooms there at the venue. How much? just pricing things out so I can figure out what to save and stuffs.
120-150 depending on if I get 4-5 people aside from myself. Thats for Thursday night-Monday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom