• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New(est) Official 2012 Florida PR (Googling is Fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
It's not like CFL is horrible compared to SFL either, but there still is a significant difference in skill to the point where our dominance is apparent. I feel as if it were any other opportunity to host a tournament in CFL with only CFL attending, I'd understand because getting connections with certain businesses could serve as beneficial, but when there's a national happening a week later where a good amount of CFL is attending, they could use all the practice they can get. I feel like there's too much CFL vs SFL topics and sometimes it gets to the point where it should be like "Lets all shut the **** up and come together".

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Guys, guys, let's just let everybody do what they want.
If we want practice out of SFL, we'll go out of SFL.
If CFL wants practice out of CFL, they're travel for it.
If neither region minds, we'll host locals.
It's not that big a deal.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
like i said, having businesses behind you in the long run is more important for his community than getting practice for a big tourney soon, as much as someone would hate to hear that

I'm not going to tell a person to not pursue business connections, especially when they are his venue and gamestop (people that supply systems/chairs/etc). IF it was just one person who could easily change schedules then I can understand, but in this one scenario I feel like SFL is being alittle greedy. I can also understand why they're said greedy...but this is pretty important because its going to matter more in the future than this upcoming Apex, in regards to community building in his city, or CFL in general

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I ain't even SFL *****aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If it wasn't right before WABA I wouldn't care, but there is a regional that the majority of FL is going to, and you should be trying to practice to be the best in this instance.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Keith knows all too well about tourney conflicts. He's apart of the Orlando FGC.

In all seriousness though, Exdeath's hands are tied with this. The two business connections he has with the local GameStop and Pizanno's Pizzeria are not in touch with the community like he is and most likely won't understand the ideals of scheduling until further down the road.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Practice for a regional is not as important in the long run as two valuable business connections. Especially when they both are new. If he had been with them for along while then maybe. Like me and NLL

For the record my stance isn't based on which tourney I'm going to, cause im going to neither. I'm just saying what logically makes the most sense long term. Building smash community up isn't going to happen automatically and we better have our stakes in the ground before smash 4 comes out so we can hit fgc with the fury to join

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I understand both sides as of why they cant/won't budge. Why doesn't sfl move it to 11/24? I was going to host an apex rules 5 dollar footdives that date but NLL is moving so I won't be able to now. So its a free date. If they can't i understand since clubhouse make take some time to reserve and whatnot

Either way you *****es better be cheering me on for the youmacon stream 11/2. Same for my teammate technical Chase

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
SFL doesn't wanna budge? I am not going to travel for this game two weeks in a row, when I could get more matches with top players by hosting a quick tournament and having hours of free play.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think its moving to aloma and goldenrod area...pretty much down the street. Maybe closer to cool stuff games

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
closer to cool stuff? guess we're always gona have an extra car going to orlando now since im sure i can get some yugioh kids that wana play out of region players for practice/get rare trades

sweet

B_AWAL

Smash Master
And then you guys wonder why SFL stops giving a **** about hosting separately.

You guys have multiple MULTIPLE tournaments and SFL/NFL is lacking in skill compared to SFL. You have chances to practice/learn from the better (although not by much) players and have a huge showing, yet you decide that it is more important to not let a business down considering you could just say "no."

If you don't care about getting better, I understand (And it would explain a lot for a few players) but hosting a tournament in a worse region when there is a regional THE NEXT WEEK AND YOU WANT TO PLAY THE BEST YOU CAN PLAY is ******** considering it is going to deter people that want to go train with SFL but can't because they don't have a ride/full car.
& This is why we cant have nice things

:sonic:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Went to look for a Trueblue post. Got to page 26, gave up. Masky's fit the Halloween theme even though that's been his for a while. So does mine. I'm the darkness of night. :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ooooh his avatar is holding a chili dog. Now I get it

I honestly had no idea what that was sonic was holding until this moment of clarity

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Doesn't matter had sex.

Meanwhile.

Drew he doesn't think they're creepy cause of their music. Lmao

He thinks it's creepy cause it's an almost-albino girl covered in blood.

Which is why i made it my avi.

Go watch your Disney movie :p

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Doesn't matter had sex.

Meanwhile.

Drew he doesn't think they're creepy cause of their music. Lmao

He thinks it's creepy cause it's an almost-albino girl covered in blood.

Which is why i made it my avi.

Go watch your Disney movie :p
I think it's weird but weird is good because you don't get anything new without anything initially considered weird.

And I'll watch whatever movie I damn please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom