• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Console Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
360 simply won't win in sales. Without japan, you can't possibly ever hope to win that way.
X-Box demolished the GCN without Japanese sales.

PS3 has had bigger demos than some hard drives too. The statement made no sense.
The largest demo was nearly 2 gb. There are no hard drives in use which are less than 20 anymore.

Plus, I said there is nothing I want on the Wii. It's my money being spent, so if there is nothing I want, then the console is worthless to me. The 360 has some great titles - well worth spending a couple hundred bucks on. The Wii has yet to make me say "Wow, I need this thing now." It has some cool and quirky games, but nothing that won't be on another consoles or PC in a couple of years.

It's not insignicant. The argument for flash is a quality versus quantity argument. Flash is definitely better quality, but you obviously can't make a 40 gig hard drive out of it (yet) without it being ridiculously expensive. However, I don't see why, for possibly the next generation of consoles, a flash memory drive couldnt be 4 or 8 gigs. That's what ipod Nano's and iphones are, and theyre flash memory. I honestly don't see the point to anything more than 20 gigs for a console.
Ask Cashed if 4 or 8 gigs will be enough for him when he filled his 20 gb HD already. I used 30 gigs on Games, Music, trailers, demos, and pictures. That 30 gb was well spent and I wouldn't want it less than that. One of the best things about the PS3 is that I can change out the HD as I want, so if in 3 years I am regularly low on space, boom new hard drive. To say that all you need is 4 to 8 gb is obsurd.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
X-Box demolished the GCN without Japanese sales.
They sold 2 million more, that's hardly demolishing. On top of that, Gamecube was not even mediocre in japan. It sold 4 million units in japan over it's total lifetime, that's terrible. Even if for some unforseeable reason the wii losses its popularity in Japan, it won't be enough for MS to stay ahead of Sony and Nintendo in WW sales unless they are able to pick up some of the Japanese market, something which seems impossible at this point. MS pretty much needs to acknowledge they won't be first in console sales. Sony is the only console that has any chance of beating Nintendo, but since it's been selling worse than the PS2 it's a longshot.
The largest demo was nearly 2 gb. There are no hard drives in use which are less than 20 anymore.
Ever heard of an mp3 player? Some still are very small and cheap, and that's because they use hard drives. Granted you're proving my other point here, hard drives are becoming increasingly irrelevant as flash memory becomes cheaper. The initial comment was pretty irrelevant.

Plus, I said there is nothing I want on the Wii. It's my money being spent, so if there is nothing I want, then the console is worthless to me. The 360 has some great titles - well worth spending a couple hundred bucks on. The Wii has yet to make me say "Wow, I need this thing now." It has some cool and quirky games, but nothing that won't be on another consoles or PC in a couple of years.
There was only one comment I made regarding this, I said:
Ok, that doesnt mean there's nothing of value. That just means you don't like the games for the system.
I think I acknowledged that this was your opinion. And you're fooling yourself if you think games will be moved from the wii to PC or multiplatform. This isnt the 6th generation anymore, Sony is no longer the market leader. That would be like me expecting PS2 games to show up on the gamecube. Plus, wii games would often make terrible transitions to the PC (especially any game using the accelerometor/gyroscope), unless it was designed with the PC in mind already. 360 and PS3 games make more natural fits for PC games and often do show up there, which is why I can skip over buying a 360 or PS3 at all for better games like Halo 3 or Bioshock. And saying wii has no "wow I need this thing now" games and only has "cool gimicky" games is a tall claim, considering the Wii will have 5 or 6 AAA titles by the end of it's first year. That's more than the PS3 and the 360 in their first year (I don't even know if the 360 had a AAA game in it's first year).
Ask Cashed if 4 or 8 gigs will be enough for him when he filled his 20 gb HD already. I used 30 gigs on Games, Music, trailers, demos, and pictures. That 30 gb was well spent and I wouldn't want it less than that. One of the best things about the PS3 is that I can change out the HD as I want, so if in 3 years I am regularly low on space, boom new hard drive. To say that all you need is 4 to 8 gb is obsurd.
So you wouldnt want it less than 30 gigabytes even if it made your system faster, more reliable, quiter, and use less electricity? I'll change my comment to "all you need for gaming". I use my computer for trailers, music, pictures, etc. Demos and whatnot can be deleted, I think it's sad when a system has to rely on demos instead of games. Also, low space on the wii is easily combated as well. I can get a 2 gig SD card for 13 dollars on newegg. And since I'm not storing movies and music etc (ill save that for my laptop), that's all I really need.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They sold 2 million more, that's hardly demolishing. On top of that, Gamecube was not even mediocre in japan. It sold 4 million units in japan over it's total lifetime, that's terrible. Even if for some unforseeable reason the wii losses its popularity in Japan, it won't be enough for MS to stay ahead of Sony and Nintendo in WW sales unless they are able to pick up some of the Japanese market, something which seems impossible at this point. MS pretty much needs to acknowledge they won't be first in console sales. Sony is the only console that has any chance of beating Nintendo, but since it's been selling worse than the PS2 it's a longshot.
Hmm, I wanted to get that graphic representation of sales, but I couldn't find it. Here is the best I could do:

Wikipedia said:
* PlayStation: 102.49 million shipped as of March 31, 2005 (Japan: 21.59, US: 40.78, Europe: 40.12)
- including PS one: 28.15 million shipped as of March 31, 2005
* Xbox: more than 24 million as of May 10, 2006
* Nintendo GameCube: 21.66 million as of September 31, 2007 (Japan: 4.02, the Americas: 12.88, other: 4.76)
* Sega Dreamcast: 10.6 million
wikipedia said:
* Wii: 13.17 million as of September 31, 2007
* Xbox 360: 8.9 million as of July 31, 2007
* PlayStation 3: 5.59 million as of September 30, 2007
Before discrediting Wikipedia, keep in mind these are found and given proper citation on the site. So let's see, the previous generation the XBox beat the GCN by 3.44 million units and that isn't considered a demolition, yet the Wii having 4.27 million lead on the 360 is considered insurmountable, by your logic. Also, keep in mind that the 360 figure is 2 months older than the Wii's figure. I guess it makes sense to you, but I don't see how that is even remotely insurmountable.

I think I acknowledged that this was your opinion. And you're fooling yourself if you think games will be moved from the wii to PC or multiplatform. This isnt the 6th generation anymore, Sony is no longer the market leader. That would be like me expecting PS2 games to show up on the gamecube. Plus, wii games would often make terrible transitions to the PC (especially any game using the accelerometor/gyroscope), unless it was designed with the PC in mind already. 360 and PS3 games make more natural fits for PC games and often do show up there, which is why I can skip over buying a 360 or PS3 at all for better games like Halo 3 or Bioshock. And saying wii has no "wow I need this thing now" games and only has "cool gimicky" games is a tall claim, considering the Wii will have 5 or 6 AAA titles by the end of it's first year. That's more than the PS3 and the 360 in their first year (I don't even know if the 360 had a AAA game in it's first year).
I can name 3 "AAA titles" as you put on the Wii and at least 5 for the 360. The fact is when I am looking at the second console of this generation to buy it has to be something that can really wow me. With my PS3 I am covered on most aspects for FPSes and RPGs (plus I am a PC purist, FPSes belong there) Just because something is on PC, doesn't mean it'll play better than on a console. Right off the bat, no Rock Band or Assassin's Creed for the Wii - both titles I am eagerly anticipating. If I really wanted to buy the next big "Mini-game compilation" I wouldn't have sold my DS.

So you wouldnt want it less than 30 gigabytes even if it made your system faster, more reliable, quiter, and use less electricity? I'll change my comment to "all you need for gaming". I use my computer for trailers, music, pictures, etc. Demos and whatnot can be deleted, I think it's sad when a system has to rely on demos instead of games. Also, low space on the wii is easily combated as well. I can get a 2 gig SD card for 13 dollars on newegg. And since I'm not storing movies and music etc (ill save that for my laptop), that's all I really need.
I'd rather watch movies and trailers on my 42" 1080p LCD TV than a 17" monitor. And again, you are using yourself as a yard stick for what everyone else should have. I got a Creative Labs MP3 player because I wanted 30 gb of space for my music. I don't care if I "could just delete demos when I want to." If I am spending over 100 bucks for anything, it better be **** convenient for me. And also, no system is relying mostly on demos, it's just ridiculous to claim such.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Ask Cashed if 4 or 8 gigs will be enough for him when he filled his 20 gb HD already.
I have 8GBs of downloadable content alone. Four episodes of South Park that are about 1GB, another gig of game trailers, 2GBs of demos (at the moment, The demo count changes very steadily), 50MBs of gamer profiles (mine alone is 12MB) and I ended up deleting all the music on my HDD because it had it filled up. I now just stream from my PC or through my iPod.

I really should pick up that 120GB HDD, there's more shows I'd love to download and I'm sure Rock Band is going to eat up my HDD's space with downloadable content.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Before discrediting Wikipedia, keep in mind these are found and given proper citation on the site. So let's see, the previous generation the XBox beat the GCN by 3.44 million units and that isn't considered a demolition, yet the Wii having 4.27 million lead on the 360 is considered insurmountable, by your logic. Also, keep in mind that the 360 figure is 2 months older than the Wii's figure. I guess it makes sense to you, but I don't see how that is even remotely insurmountable.
My math seems to indicate that 24.00-21.66 = 2.34 million. Also, Wii and 360's are tied for sales currently. The difference? 360 came out a year earlier. It took Nintendo 9 months to do what MS has taken 21 to do. Anyways, my argument doesnt come from exact numbers, it comes from the trend of sales. MS did absolutely terrible in Japan last gen, and theyre repeating that this generation. This is probably the most established sales trend for consoles, and doesnt mean that 360 sales worldwide will be terrible, but without at least a decent showing in Japan they aren't going to sell the most. And as I said, Sony could potentially beat Nintendo, but that would require not only for the favorable trends of the wii to fall in two of it's three markets, but for Sony to pick up favorable trends in 2 of the 3 as well. Possible, but very unlikely.
I can name 3 "AAA titles" as you put on the Wii and at least 5 for the 360.
First, I qualify AAA as having an average rating of 90 or higher. I said by the end of the first year for both. MS's first year titles sucked. Nintendo, by the end of the year will have Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, and likely COHH2 (which has been touted as having the best controls for a FPS, including PC). I only included exclusives so that brings it down to 4 for certain. 360 had none by the time its first year was finished. Also, you'll notice the games I wanted from the 360 and PS3 were all shooters which, as you said, are better on a PC (Halo, Orange Box, Bioshock). Rockband is coming for the wii Harmonix has said, I might be upset that it was coming later except that there's a ton of other awesome games coming out this winter to keep me occupied that I already don't have enough money for, only one of which is a "minigame compilation" (RRR2, since RRR was an awesome party game). The fact that you think the best games that have come out and are coming out for wii are minigame compilations just show how little you actually know about the wii's lineup. Also, just for refrence, 360 is coming out with about 40 games between now and christmas. The wii has around 80.
I'd rather watch movies and trailers on my 42" 1080p LCD TV than a 17" monitor. And again, you are using yourself as a yard stick for what everyone else should have. I got a Creative Labs MP3 player because I wanted 30 gb of space for my music. I don't care if I "could just delete demos when I want to." If I am spending over 100 bucks for anything, it better be **** convenient for me. And also, no system is relying mostly on demos, it's just ridiculous to claim such.
Then why make a big deal about demo's? Anyways, sort of in response to cashed' posts too, the wii is convenient for gaming. I'll admit, the wii isn't the system for you if you'd rather store your materials on a gaming system than on a computer. But for people who prefer to watch movies on their DVD players, could care less about demo's than actual games, like to keep their music on their computer and CD's, and watch TV shows on their television, the wii is perfectly fine and convenient. I can't imagine that many people have turned their consoles into their pseudo-computer/movie player/T.V./Stereo. I mean it's fine if you do, but most people already own these things and buy a gaming console just to play games and would rather not put down an extra $100 for a hard drive they won't use, and instead would likely prefer the advantages of quick, quiet, and reliable flash memory. I won't say one is better than the other and each has its perks, but flash appears to be included for better gaming, and HDD was included for a better home entertainment monopoly.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wii has what? 512mb of flash memory? I have a MP3 player worth less than $20 that holds half that. More options = better experience. I hate having to delete stuff just to get more space, having 20 gigs of space for multimedia is great.

I'd love to play custom tracks saved on my harddrive rather than force myself through some god awful soundtrack the devs chose.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Crom effectively summarized my current feelings for the Wii.

Crom said:
The problem with motion control in a real game is that it's just plain inconsistant. Twilight Princess motion controls were stupid, they diden't add in any depth or immersion to the game. Shaking your remote back and forth to do your 3 hit combo is no different than tapping A, except it's more likely to not detect it properly. Certain technique's in that game were simply annoying to do (e.g. shield bash) with the wii mote. I'm looking forward to Mario Galaxy, but I'm sure the motion controls will get annoying. Metroid did a pretty good job, but it dident do anything better than a normal controller. The fact that the best game for the Wii (Brawl) will mainly use classic control schemes supports this stance even more.
Motion controlling (for the most part) has somehow managed to become the new button mashing. This isn't coming from someone who trolls message boards looking to get a response out of Nintendo fans ,I was genuinely exciting for that promised "revolution".If Nintendo had not included motion control I would have passed on the their console or at least waited until Brawl was released.

Once I became accustomed to motion control it was no longer a selling point. After playing twilight princess ,and every subsequent Wii game, I'm left feeling that a games features are more important than how it controls ,wether it's gamepad or wii remote.

To use TP as my example, once I was over the whole "omg sword swing" and my own personal hype*, I'm left to examine a game based on it's own merits. I found TP to be amazingly average with it's saving grace being Midna who sees the most character development ever in a Zelda game. Did motion sensing relieve the problems I had with the game? No, because it had no effect on them.

If motion control is added into all future consoles what would you base your purchase decision on then? To make it more relevant if Metroid Prime ,a game which features a good sense of motion control, and Brawl ,a game which features none, were to release on the exact same day, which would you choose?

If this came across as me hating my Wii, I don't. I just disagree that the fact that it features motion sensing or that grandma likes it automatically means it's better than what the other two have to offer. Nintendo has a winner on their hands but they still need to work on improving their console just like anyone else.

*personal hype= ugh, I duped myself so many times due to my own hype of a game. If you ever want an honest opinion from me, don't ask what a game is like right after I've first played it. Ask me in a month.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Crom effectively summarized my current feelings for the Wii.

Motion controlling (for the most part) has somehow managed to become the new button mashing. This isn't coming from someone who trolls message boards looking to get a response out of Nintendo fans ,I was genuinely exciting for that promised "revolution".If Nintendo had not included motion control I would have passed on the their console or at least waited until Brawl was released.

Once I became accustomed to motion control it was no longer a selling point. After playing twilight princess ,and every subsequent Wii game, I'm left feeling that a games features are more important than how it controls ,wether it's gamepad or wii remote.

To use TP as my example, once I was over the whole "omg sword swing" and my own personal hype*, I'm left to examine a game based on it's own merits. I found TP to be amazingly average with it's saving grace being Midna who sees the most character development ever in a Zelda game. Did motion sensing relieve the problems I had with the game? No, because it had no effect on them.

If motion control is added into all future consoles what would you base your purchase decision on then? To make it more relevant if Metroid Prime ,a game which features a good sense of motion control, and Brawl ,a game which features none, were to release on the exact same day, which would you choose?

If this came across as me hating my Wii, I don't. I just disagree that the fact that it features motion sensing or that grandma likes it automatically means it's better than what the other two have to offer. Nintendo has a winner on their hands but they still need to work on improving their console just like anyone else.

*personal hype= ugh, I duped myself so many times due to my own hype of a game. If you ever want an honest opinion from me, don't ask what a game is like right after I've first played it. Ask me in a month.
I was interested in this opinion actually. After the motion sensor lost it's "OMG" effect (assuming it did) did anyone still enjoy the games as much. Remember TP was little more than a GCN game that was dual released. Did the motion sensor make the game THAT much better? And is it still a huge factor for making games insanely better? I heard Chill's opinion, I wanted to hear others. With me, the SixAxis did it right, mainly because for most games I can turn it on or off. I played real virtual reality simulators and most of the stuff on the home consoles doesn't come close. The problem with the SixAxis is no company utilized it perfectly. Lair had some fun, but hard controls, admittedly. But it wasn't until a developer explained it as "Reins for the dragon" that I was able to play the game without disgust. Now, this brought the game up a few notches and saved it from being sold that day for me. Other than that, most PS3 games that have SixAxis support just keep it as a side thing and rarely involved directly in the story. Resistance had it so if you shake the controller, you knocked an Alien off you. Loco Roco used it the best by far. Without the SixAxis, I can actually say Loco Roco would have been horrible. In fact, most of the PSN games (which are largely mini-games) use the SixAxis best of all the games. flOw and Blast Factor made it a great addition. But overall, I rather the fact that it's optional and not a forced thing because I just hate it.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Motion sensing is alright, I suppose. I was never amazed by it.

I couldn't care less about it in games where it is seemingly tacked on like Twilight Princess (and probably Galaxy). Twilight Princess was a fine game on its own, and adding or subtracting the unique control scheme wouldn't have phased me in the slightest.

For games like Wii Sports or Raving Rabbids motion sensing is absolutely essential to me. Being a person who doesn't typically enjoy those quick minigame titles, those games turned out surprisingly fun. I think multiplayer party games is where the Wii's controller can definitely outshine the rest of the competition if they do it right.

Then there are games like Red Steel that were salvaged by it alone. Games like Wii Sports aren't my cup of tea, but this game was outright bad. There's no way I would have ever finished more than three levels of such blandness if I didn't have such fun using the controller. It was a completely different way of aiming, and I dont really see myself ever becoming bored of it. Sure, I do prefer the standard way of doing things, but this has its own merit.

I suppose motion sensing just makes some games fun which would have sucked without it. Kinda like the Dance Pad makes DDR fun, and the Guitar for Guitar Hero.

Edit: I say we should have the option of using motion sensing or not. For games where we dont want it, the GameCube controller should be usable.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
I agree, in many games motion sensing actually sort of detracts from the game experience. Wii Sports and WarioWare are really great gaming experiences that justifies its use of motion controls. Twilight princess didn't really need it, Super Paper Mario didn't really need it, and so on.

I guess Guitar Hero 3 uses it... kind of...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, with that in mind, do you think next gen will even have motion sensing?

GH was the first console game (non-hand held) to really use Motion Sensing since it had that flick action. I mean you can argue that the PS2 EyeToy did it as well.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I think motion sensing is here to stay. Judging by the way the Wii is selling it seems as if people like the concept, and it seems logical for the companies to take advantage of that assuming this isn't all just a fad.

But I'm no expert on these matters. *shrug*

greenblob

Smash Lord
Motion sensing should be used as a sort of 3D analog stick. For example, many 3D action-adventure games have different types of attacks depending on how you motion the analog stick as you press a button. A forward tap + a button might translate to a stab, a left tap + a button press might translate to a counterclockwise swing, etc. But how would you do upward swings or downward sweeps? 3D motion control, of course!

Tagxy

Smash Lord
After playing twilight princess ,and every subsequent Wii game, I'm left feeling that a games features are more important than how it controls , wether it's gamepad or wii remote.
This is probably the best statement. As I said in my previous post, there is a ton of room to improve with motion sensing. So far all that's existed is ports with tacked on motion sensing or poor attempts at adding it on. Not that all the games were bad (i.e. TP was amazing), but there's definite room for improvement.
I hate having to delete stuff just to get more space, having 20 gigs of space for multimedia is great.

I'd love to play custom tracks saved on my harddrive rather than force myself through some god awful soundtrack the devs chose.
Multimedia is fine, some people prefer other options. Also, I doubt the brawl soundtracks would be awful, but the lack of a HDD is not what's preventing them from letting you play your own music. It's already been implemented in a few games, so they could potentially add it to brawl, but I doubt they will.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So, with that in mind, do you think next gen will even have motion sensing?
I see it making its way to every next-gen console, but just like it is this gen, it's not going to be in every game. It's going to be a "if you want it, it's there, if you don't want it, don't use it."

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That might be helping but the gap has been at close to 2-1 for some time now. Japan has been seeing a steady decrease in game sales for a few years. I think this says more about the state of Japanese gaming than it does about "PS3 vs Wii". To compare in Japan the Wii may sell around 100,000 units a month. In the US it sells around 470-500,000 units every month. To Sonys credit though PS3 sales have been on the rise so that's part of it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The 360 sold 17,000 units in Japan last week.

The Wii sold over 40,000.

The PS3 sold 16,000.

I want to know why the hell the 360 outsold the PS3 last week. I mean, 17,000 for a Microsoft console in Japan is unheard of.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kotaku for some reason is trying to make it out to seem like the PS3 is "catching up" to the Wii in japan by those numbers.

The PS3 went from selling at a rate of 6:1 to 2:1. They're not catching up, the gap between the Wii and PS3 is still widening. It just means that the rate at which the gap is widening got slower. I would hardly call that a victory for the PS3.

Nintendo remains only hindered by the amount of systems they can physically produce. Whatever Sony does isn't going to affect their sales, but I'm not sure you can say the converse.

PS: I'm not some Nintendo fanboy. I'm just irritated at Sony because I recently did some research into that DRM thing they did back in '95. I was too little at the time to understand / care, and I had to write a paper about it for a class. Seriously, Sony. What was up with that?!

EDIT: Kotaku does generally seem to give a Sony-fanboy vibe, as well as an anti-Wii vibe. Good news source nonetheless.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't mean to go off-topic but were can I get up-to-date info on console sales.

My idiot friends think Ninty sold 36 million Wiis.

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to go off-topic but were can I get up-to-date info on console sales.

My idiot friends think Ninty sold 36 million Wiis.
NPD Sales, but you can't get them anymore (since they won't make them public). But up to last month, you can use them.

never use "nexgenwars" and that other console site, there not accurate.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
NPD is still releasing their information to places that pay to receive it, such as IGN and GameSpot.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Out of curiosity, I was wondering something. I don't have a next-gen console yet, but is this a safe way to fix the Red ring of Death? I don't think so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjinHmEoss
I know there is another way by taking the 360 apart, but that voids the warrarnty. I still think the safest way is to call Microsoft's customer support, but what do you think?
Please awnser me and not flame me.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Because the 360 has absolutely no internet capabilities or an extended game selection and the PS3 doesn't have a sensitive controller, right?

Didn't think so. You should stay out of this topic.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Let me break it down for you.
PS3: Higher graphics, extended game selection, Internet capabilities
360: Higher graphics, better selling games
Wii: Motion sensitive controler, more recognizable mascots.

Best: The Wii
Worst: The 360.
More like...
PS3: Doesn't have Smash Bros.
360: Doesn't have Smash Bros.
Wii: Smash Bros.

TEH WINNAR R TEH WII!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
More like...
PS3: Doesn't have Smash Bros.
360: Doesn't have Smash Bros.
Wii: Smash Bros.

TEH WINNAR R TEH WII!
One game does not make a console.

notftomearth7 said:
Let me break it down for you.
PS3: Higher graphics, extended game selection, Internet capabilities
360: Higher graphics, better selling games
Wii: Motion sensitive controler, more recognizable mascots.

Best: The Wii
Worst: The 360.
All three have online capabilities, the motion sensitive controller is purely preference, and most recognizable mascots means nothing.

None of them really have an edge because for the Wii it's only been a year as of tomorrow I believe and the PS3 is at a year next week. That's it. Stop declaring winners when they have just come out.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Idk where these Wii fanbois came from, but you either have to be high or drunk to think Wii has more killer apps, or is the dominant system.

I only own a Wii, Im happy with it, and I'm looking forward to the new games that are coming out. But by no means has it won the console wars, or is close. I want good games coming out every month, not every 4 months. I want to be able to play something for a long period of time, and not just a game that I beat, and then thats the end.

That's why 360 is right now doing better than the Wii. I realize the Wii is finally cracking out some good Online games, but Xbox Live is way ahead of the game. Almost every game that comes out for the Xbox has some form of Online. That makes the gaming experience last longer. Sure the Wii has it's motion controls, but until they come out with a good online game that takes advantage of it (Im hoping MoH Heroes 2 will be that first title) Xbox is by far the superior system. Who cares of what system sells more, I want something that will suit me.

Wuss

Smash Champion
xbox 360 is the happy medium between two extremes that are the PS3 and the Wii. That's the way I see it. I have a wii myself, and I know 360 has better games right now (although galaxy is amazing). The PS3 costs a lot, has a lot of hardware, but has crappy games and is not selling well. xbox 360 has a lot of good games, decent amount of hardware, costs medium and is selling pretty well. The Wii has a decent amount of good games, not too much hardware, costs little, and is selling really well. So basically, on most accounts, the 360 is in the middle, which is why it prolly should be doing better, but wii is doing better (or it was. hasn't it outsold the 360 now?)

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
@LONEJEDI Who are you calling a fanboy? And the insults really discredit your sig. The 360 was out for atleast a year since the wii and its been outsold by the wii, why do you think that is? It has major flaws (RED RING,customer service,etc...) and the only real game thats worth it would be halo 3 (I like the series alot but its not this god everyone makes it out to be),When exactly is the 65nm chip they promised coming out and will it help? PS3 is almost as bad but they have made it known that they dont care about last-gen(Backwards compatibility), They're pious and think they dont have to answer the needs of their consumers. What's the use of an expensive computer/system if there is not an abundance of games? I dont mean to be a ***ch But watch your mouth. The stuff that comes out isn't good and its also flamebait.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate when people make Halo sound like the only Xbox 360 game.

What about Bioshock, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Halo Wars, Command and Conquer [?] Burnout Paradise, Soul Calibur 4 or Saint's Row?

Yes PS3 is getting some of these games but Wii is not. Nintendo never gets the occasional hit the other 2 companies get. This is why Wii loses.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The 360 was out for atleast a year since the wii and its been outsold by the wii, why do you think that is? It has major flaws (RED RING,customer service,etc...) and the only real game thats worth it would be halo 3 (I like the series alot but its not this god everyone makes it out to be),When exactly is the 65nm chip they promised coming out and will it help?
1) The Wii came out 349 days after the 360 and while there was a point where the Wii did pass the 360, once Halo 3 came out the 360 pushed ahead again.

2) Microsoft customer service is really great when it comes to the 360. Get the RRoD? Call them, tell them and you get your box in two days to send it in. 2 weeks later you get a new 360.

3) The 65nm chip is in new 360s, started with the special Halo 3 edition SKU.

CHAOSDRAGON88 said:
There's usually at least one killer app per system and the wii just happens to have more.
Really now? See, I've yet to hear a person saying "Man, I need to get a Wii with all those awesome games out for it!" instead, I hear "I need to get a Wii for Smash Bros." The Wii has yet to get a killer app, you get the best game with the system.

Who the hell are you people and why are you coming in here and flooding this topic?

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
@Cashed For the quoting of my second post; What the hell of a question(or comment) is that if you just said the game halo 3 pushed sales of the 360 past the wii? People are looking for greater experiences beside the uniform button pressing On another note i have friends who've redringed and customer service treated them like **s and they are good people. If you hear alot about brawl why wouldn't you, you're a moderator for a site dedicated towards the franchise and the likes! It has so many popular gaming icons its not funny. Who is really going to give up a chance to play mario vs. sonic, or to have everyone's favorite spy(Snake) beat on Nintendo characters.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Okay, I don't mean to come off rude, but it's really hard to understand what you're trying to say. Specifically when you say "What the hell of a question(or comment) is that if you just said the game halo 3 pushed sales of the 360 past the wii? People are looking for greater experiences beside the uniform button pressing"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
@Cashed For the quoting of my second post; What the hell of a question(or comment) is that if you just said the game halo 3 pushed sales of the 360 past the wii? People are looking for greater experiences beside the uniform button pressing On another note i have friends who've redringed and customer service treated them like **s and they are good people. If you hear alot about brawl why wouldn't you, you're a moderator for a site dedicated towards the franchise and the likes! It has so many popular gaming icons its not funny. Who is really going to give up a chance to play mario vs. sonic, or to have everyone's favorite spy(Snake) beat on Nintendo characters.
All games are require "button pressing".

As for everyone's favorite spy, that's James Bond. Snake is an assassin at best and if you say "Don't you know Snake the character?" People will know the name from "Escape from New York" not a video game.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Why are you guys wasting your time with an ignorant one dimensional moron, who can't even use comas?

What other experience is greater than Halo 3 right now? I go by facts, and the facts say Halo is selling more than any game at the moment.(And any game in history, for that matter, on release date)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@LONEJEDI Who are you calling a fanboy? And the insults really discredit your sig.
Yes, because Christians must be nice to everybody even when they're wrong.

The 360 was out for atleast a year since the wii and its been outsold by the wii, why do you think that is? It has major flaws (RED RING,customer service,etc...) and the only real game thats worth it would be halo 3 (I like the series alot but its not this god everyone makes it out to be),When exactly is the 65nm chip they promised coming out and will it help?
OK, I think you're saying that the 360 must not have many good games if Halo 3 was the reason the 360 started pulling ahead of the Wii again, or something along the lines of that. Look below.

What about Bioshock, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Halo Wars, Command and Conquer 3, Burnout Paradise, Soul Calibur 4 or Saint's Row?
There's your answer, ignore Saint's Row though.:p

PS3 is almost as bad but they have made it known that they dont care about last-gen(Backwards compatibility), They're pious and think they dont have to answer the needs of their consumers. What's the use of an expensive computer/system if there is not an abundance of games? I dont mean to be a ***ch But watch your mouth. The stuff that comes out isn't good and its also flamebait.
You're right, the PS3 doesn't have as many games out as the other systems do...yet(though there are some awesome games out there such as Warhawk, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Ratchet and Clank Future). There's a lot to look forward to though, such as God of War 3, Unreal Tournament 3, GTA 4, Gran Turismo 5, and of course, Metal Gear Solid 3.

Anyway, I would say that the 360 incorporates the best of both worlds, as Wuss pointed out before me. It's got offline games that last a long time such as Oblivion, Mass Effect, various Square RPGs, and GTA 4. Then it has its racing games(Forza 2, PGR4), fighting(Virtua Fighter 5, Dead or Alive 4), and of course, shooting games(I'm not even going to name them, so many good ones to choose from).

The only weakness I see is that it doesn't really have many good adventure/platforming games(though it seems like we're about to get the first one that's worth talking about in Assassin's Creed), which is where the Wii excels. Then again, who cares? When you got all the ammo I listed before, there isn't much left to be desired.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Crimson King;3251729 the motion sensitive controller is purely preference. [/QUOTE said:
....Have you PLAYED a Wii CK? The motion sensitive controller is the sole way to control games that don't involve the classic controller. True,all of the new systems have motion sensors, but the PS3 and 360's are so sloppy, that few games support it, and out of those who play them, few people use them.

Yeah, but as far as gameplay and graphics PS3 is the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom