• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'New' British thread, the Brawl scene and UK & Ireland Brawl Friends Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurster

Smash Cadet
hey got brawl the other day :D

Laurster
1676-3567-6821
Bournemouth
unscoped_laurster@hotmail.com

im still a bit annoyed at the sevice of brawls online.. i lagged when playing on my very decent internet against a friend of mine who lives literally round the corner with 20Mb optical fibre internet.. i was more confused than a fly, in a hall of mirrors!

*prays nintendo will sort out their servers*

Laurster

Smash Cadet
Laurster - dont think the lag will improve im afraid :/ just get yourself to real tournaments ^_^
it may.. apparently nintendo will be charging for future aspects of their online service so i hope that they spend this extra money on giving us a better connection! it may sound bad but this may just be charging for additional content like.. guitar hero songs or sumfin but still.... LAG! :'(

auroreon

Smash Ace
auroreon
4210-3721-6324
Cambridge
MSN - auroreon@gmail.com

I've had brawl a couple of weeks now, I'm trying to improve but have no one to play against. CPUs just aren't cuttin' it.

Kone

Smash Master
Auroreon and laurster : You both should come to the tournament im hosting may 24th weekend in sunderland. The thread is here http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144898 . Itll be the first large UK brawl tourney, be friendly with alot of people to meet and play. Tournaments like this are the only way to really get better and play alot of like minded people. Online play lags to much to ever do that :)

Also a welcome to laurster, conan, psyniac, imirik and auroreon to the UK smash community. Hope you guys get proper involved ^_^

grayfox

Smash Champion
Man why do i only notice threads after like a month lol

I can't wait for brawl = OOO Just to clarify to everyone, i'm already claiming best Snake in uk

Ah **** i was going to post something relivant at the end but i can't think of everything - mrmmm

I'll just say one thing, new guys:

GET YOUR *** TO THE FIRST TOURNAMENT THAT YOU CAN!!!

I was apprehensive of going to my first tourney and i missed one for some excuse or another aswell, but tourneys are great experiences.

As far as the game goes you will learn a great deal and get a chance to both prove your skill and challange others (and if you are too good like me make mo money).

But the best aspect is the atmosphere, good times, the banter and even the traveling can be amazing lol.

On a side note, who else is gutted Roy isn't in it?

VA

Smash Hero
About Roy: lol, no.
About you being the best snake in the UK: lol, no. already taken that title.

seems i's been stealin ur ideas for years now ryan, first samus, now snake. boo, i'm a wh0re.

Laurster

Smash Cadet
i cant make it to the first tourney :( i will definalty try to make it to a few on my gap year tho :D sounds like an awesome place to be! :p

grayfox

Smash Champion
LOL yeah yeah, still been to more tourneys than both you scrubs put together (prolly lol).

and pff i've been best Samus in the world for a good 2 years, still going strong.

As for snake, fraid i've not played the game but i have played mgs 1, 2 and 3 and it's safe to say i **** with snake.

To stay on topic i won't have brawl until it comes out in the uk but when i do i expect to put time into playing quite a bit. By no means i intend to be competitive in the sense of looking to beat the best etc but i'll be looking to improve and have good times.

A question to the older players, who WILL be looking to play to be at the top of the metagame here?

I get the feeling that with knowing melee so well the lack of development and thus the lack of ability, and skill that goes with it, to the more experienced and skilled members of the melee community it will cause the game to seem bad times in itself. That's why i think Isai ended up saying melee sucked lol.

For myself i lost the passion for melee itself about 2 years ago after a big drive of competitive motivation but still love playing the game just for the fun of it. I never really liked the notion of casual play but will there be many players going into this just for some casual games, i'm not talking items on on the worst stage casual, i'm talking using advanced techs, fun in the compotition of it, but, not really arsed if you lose or use the equvilent of roy lol

Aiko

Smash Champion
I think theres 8 tourneys between me and VA. how about you?

to answer your question, I'm definitely looking to play at the top. I really feel I want to advance UK play and develop a few characters.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Been to about 16 or summit

Good to hear = D i remember when i first started melee, by that time usa was already well developed in their scene and i felt gutted that i hadn't had that chance lol, was looking forward for a new fresh start to become mad good.

Kone

Smash Master
Im looking to royarly kickass at brawl ryan, first by taken no.1 at TKI. After that european domination.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Ryan i am pretty sure you will love brawl since there is basically NOTHING to learn technically and its a really gay game, the only thing you will be missing is roy, you would have had the chance to play it if you came to pauls fest.

I've no idea whether i will continue on playing at high level of competitive play or not, depends how much fun i have with this game on a competitive level.

If Melee and brawl were released side by side at the same time im pretty sure most people would be playing melee because its a much better game but as things are brawl is the new game and im willing to give it some sort of shot. time will tell.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Blinky
1160-9469-7898
Bournemouth
MSN - andyjphillips@hotmail.com

I enjoy both melee and brawl, and I am hoping brawl meets the very high standards competatively that melee set. Sadly I haven't been able to play many people, and online brawl isn't as good as we all hoped, yet much better than CPUs :). My only real melee experience has been with Laurster and a few other people though.

grayfox

Smash Champion
haha Ed yeah i do like the idea of gettin' good actually, might, miiiiiiight, be competitive.

I agree with you on the side by side thing Euan but none the less the factor of it being new is very very high, for me atleast.

and LOL@me liking it, it does sound grand,i would'a loved to have went to Pauls but my mum wouldn't let me forget it if i spent easter in Paisley of all places lol

auroreon

Smash Ace
I'll try to make it to TKI, but I have exams in May so I might not be able to get there. If I can make it then I'm afraid I can't offer you much of a challenge, I'm not that great at it yet and I main yoshi.

I had a feeling lag would ruin online, I tried playing with someone in another part of europe and there was a **** 0.5 second delay on all input, WTF!? I was kinda hoping it would be better in the same country... meh.

Laurster

Smash Cadet
Been to about 16 or summit

Good to hear = D i remember when i first started melee, by that time usa was already well developed in their scene and i felt gutted that i hadn't had that chance lol, was looking forward for a new fresh start to become mad good.
yea i found this site way to late to even begin being as good as 99.9% of the melee players but now with brawl im here from the beginning

+ the fact that theres next to no advanced techniques that 'separate' uber pros from noobs.. so it seems that people will have to play the game... 'properly' if u will and use the movesets etc that the game has given you

but you never know there may be some big glitch out there that opens up a world of advanced techniques for brawl......

Kone

Smash Master
Doesnt matter about 'techs' the games still competitive and the more intelligent player will win. Makes the game more accesible atm and less of learning curve to compete. Thats not a bad thing.

RE: auro. dont worry if your 'not' a challenge. Its okay, this is the first UK tournament so nobody knows whos good yet etc. Itll just be a great experience to get all players together and start competitive tournaments. Tournies are good fun anyway ^_^

I understand about dates clashing. I could potentially host the last weekend of may or the first weekend of june but i think either of them days will still clash. So, i think ill probs just leave it at may 24th :) . Just all come along.

Laurster

Smash Cadet
yea the games more accessable meaning people wont get their ***** handed to them but there may not be enough depth to take it to melee level...

theres still niggling things like tripping to keep you awake at night.. nintendo could have atleast made it optional :(

Kone

Smash Master
meh, you cant tell what levels its going get at until you have frequent tournaments with people that are pushing each other to see the limits of the game. No need to worry about that at the moment, as its something time will sort out.

Meh, you get used to tripping. Its annoying as hell but doesnt ruin the game. I quite like the excitement of it all lol

Laurster

Smash Cadet
"ahh **** my dash attack is ruined nooo! so had you then aswell... screw you im playing melee" lol

i so want to go to some tourneys.. your so right.. and their great as the only way you improve is by playing people better than you.. i find practise overrated :p

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Dont think I'll be playing Brawl competitively. I might end up missing the crack though and going to a tourney now and again, but I have several reasons I dont intend on playing it not to do with being **** at it.

It is funny though playing Brawl as basically a scrub lol. At first it irritated me but its pretty fun, like it actually feels how it did for me when i was scrubby at Melee. Anyone else find that?

And yeah taking Roy out was basically a shambolic decision, almost as bad as giving Falcon a scarf imo. They kinda made up for it by having an old merchant DK costume and Heihachi Ganon though. Lest we not forget the inclusion of one Zardmeng:suess:.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I would like to go to the tourney but its in the exam period, so I won't be able to. I may be able to go to tourneys after exams though :). If you want to play against me online though just pm me/add my msn.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
wow, how did i miss this thread.

so far, i'm loving brawl :). i think the future of brawl will be in 2v2 rather than 1v1 matches though. i've added some of the people from this thread already from the friend finder lol.

Name: Sidd
Brawl code: 1203-9032-7377

i don't think i'll be as good at the game as most of you guys but meh. i just enjoy playing characters everyone else despises :laugh:

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
Name - Neuro
Brawl Code - 4897-5886-5246
Location - Bedford
AIM Neuralskillet, MSN emprudolf@hotmail.com

I'm decent-ish, fairly new to competitive play. Brawl allows for some truly epic battles, let's make some >: D (and not epic campfests, which it unfortunately also seems to allow)

Aiko

Smash Champion
where is bedford? my geography is terrible.

googlemap edit: found it. for anyone else as ******** as myself, its between northampton and milton keynes.

Sonic23

Smash Cadet
Ah, some local players now. Not bad. I'll add the new codes once I can get back online. Someone in my house messed up our router and have to wait for it to be returned fixed.

Aiko

Smash Champion
im back in liverpool now so im open to challenges on wifi. please add me on msn if you want to play.

fisheatcorn@hotmail.com

Ed: I think it might be worth sorting out the brawlers list into alphabetical order, or maybe organise it by regions.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I really should have posted this earlier, but I only visit General Brawl Discussion so I never saw this thread.

Tomorrow (March 30th) a games centre in Glasgow called Microplay is hosting a Brawl tournament at 11am. It won't be a competitive tournament as such, as they're advertising it as 'play before the UK release', so it should be pretty laid back and since they want to let new players play it's unlikely to be tournament rules.

Should be good fun, but I regret not seeing this thread earlier so anybody nearby could have come along. Sorry guys.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
S'Alright Smith.
I'm not interested in going to a place full of scrubs who don't play by tournament rules tbh.
If your ever up for a game though, add me on wifi, or even pop through to Falkirk.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
It was actually tourney rules, it was a lot more competitive than I thought. I got knocked out in the first round because I played on a Wii that Sonic wasn't unlocked on, so I had to play Kirby and lost. My friend got through to the fifth round though with Ivysaur, which was mighty impressive. It's weird though - the prize was a copy of Brawl, which would have done me a fat lot of good. Will need to practise for next time.

Mr P

Smash Ace
It was actually tourney rules, it was a lot more competitive than I thought. I got knocked out in the first round because I played on a Wii that Sonic wasn't unlocked on, so I had to play Kirby and lost. My friend got through to the fifth round though with Ivysaur, which was mighty impressive. It's weird though - the prize was a copy of Brawl, which would have done me a fat lot of good. Will need to practise for next time.
Howcome you've been registered here all this time and never got envolved in the melee scene ? There's some players in Glasgow and spread around a bit in Scotland, what's your msn address ?

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Howcome you've been registered here all this time and never got envolved in the melee scene ? There's some players in Glasgow and spread around a bit in Scotland, what's your msn address ?
When I joined back in 2002 I was 14 years old and the noobiest noob you'd ever seen - I left once Melee came out and then returned around the release of Brawl. Never got into competitive Melee, although I'd like to get into Brawl. Aside from my sister no one I know is a Smash player.

I'll PM you my MSN address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom