• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New and Twice Improved NC Brocator Thread

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Well, there is that.

When they first made the room it was just as much a room for cool people who played Smash as it was for the super smart people and community leaders (event organizers) even though the last 2 were the ones they purported the room to be for. Back then it was easier to get oneself positioned higher up the community ladder (being friends with MLG_JV didn't hurt) and I got in a month after I joined in 2003. I helped come up with tier lists, and decide on stage and tactic bans. I was one of the people that got Termina Bay banned, and probably one of the first people to know about wallbomb stalling on FoD. It was a community that I really enjoyed being a part of, but I had other priorities in the middle of 2005, so I started drifting away from the community as a whole. Eventually M3D purged the room of inactives so I lost my membership while I wasn't here. I doubt it's really the same place it was, and I have the other BRoom which hasn't changed much since I got in so that's cool.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The Back Room is full of spam and nonsense. The Smash Back Room is full of spam and nonsense necessarily about Smash Brothers.

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm starting to get into Smash again after several months. Anyone around the Charlotte area (I live by UNCC to be specific) wanna get some games going? I only know like three people around here to play with, and that doesn't happen too often.

Andrew
aim: andrewzro

Oh yeah just read through this thread. I remember you, Corey. We should get together again soon. Still living up in Mooresville? I was really bad last time we played but I think I've gotten a little better.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
W00t, Andrew. I'm thinking of moving closer to University area maybe in the next few months.

I've been focusing almost exclusively on Brawl+ for the past month or two. I have barely touched the cube on the other end of the desk. I'm actually finding it fun to tweak this game and try to make it better. If anyone's free like, Tuesday, I'm reaaally interested in meeting up and seeing how well it all works against other people who actually DI and don't suicide and stuff.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I won't be going to Bill's until Target gives me back my Receiving hours. I'm stuck working weekends so I can keep my benefits until things pick back up. I'm about sick of both my jobs. I need to get into school, but I can't afford to just drop everything and do that.

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
Dude, Corey, you should come over to my place. Tuesday night is fine if that's when you can. Glad you're into Brawl, I like Brawl faaaaar more than Melee. And now that I said that no one will want to meet up and play me, haha. Seems like no one likes Brawl.

But, I'll play any version. I actually have n64/melee/brawl all ready to go. I only have one n64 controller as far as I know, though, so someone will need to bring one if we play that one. Course, I'll get ***** if we're playing anything but Brawl but it's all good fun. ;)

I met another guy who I've been playing with now and he could probably come too. I think I could get at least 4-6 people over here given the schedule works out (probably will be rare, though). And a few people I know won't be back around until after the holidays.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
We can probably work something out. I'm not as big into regular Brawl as I am this coding project, but I'll probably play it. I can also bring some 64 controllers with me. I'll be around through the weekend to set up plans.

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
What's this coding project you speak of? Oh I guess I'll have to look up Brawl+, didn't realize.

edit: Oh, it does sound pretty interesting...

Protoboy11

Smash Cadet
add me too

1) name/tag/nickname (you only have to include one)
2) location in NC (aka what town do you live in or what cities are close to you)
3)AIM s/n or e-mail address (optional of course, but this will help you get to know people/set up dates to play)

1. Willy/Willy/Willy
2. Cornelius Nc (lake norman, few exits north of charlotte)
3. wgt0711@hotmail.com

CATFISH

Smash Rookie
**** military magguhts.

I nevu see any you come over to LOWESLOWESLOWES an challunge me to a merf dual.

Se. You don't rallize I culld make TOP tehn (10 for you nubs who don't get "it"). And that's just BARWL. If you brought GGGGGEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRS (duece) no one could stand a chnce. no doubt. no doubt/////

Top Bottom